3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IngwardIn 19.03.21 10:35 pm

Staters / friezes Steam version (Forza Horizon 4)

Well, it happened! Forza 4 came out on Steam, which means that the game has become more accessible, both in terms of pricing policy and in terms of different types of vulnerabilities, which plays into the hands of the pirates.
Now don't bother with the win10 version, download and play!
As far as I know, the Steam version is a completely different version in contrast to the small soft ones.
I have a system:
CPU: Ryzen 3300x.
GPU: 2060super
Motherboard: asus tuf gaming b450m.
RAM: 2 x 8 gb hyperx furry 3200 MHz.
PSU: cougar stx 650w.
I get 95-120 fps at the settings twisted to the maximum. But at the same time, at times I get not very pleasant staters / friezes / jumps of the time frame. I noticed an unstable load (in jumps) on the CPU, but at the same time the CPU does not heat up above 60 degrees.
I have such staters only in the game detroid: become to human, but the essence lies in my 4-core / 8-thread fermented baked milk. Detroid requires a minimum of 6 cores.

How do you optimize the Steam version? Have you met similar friezes?
Do you think you need to wait for fixes or update percentages?
31 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zombieller 19.03.21

I don't have friezes in the microsoft store, 1060 6GB - stable 60 on ultra. Wait for fixes.

i
insel260 19.03.21

IngwardIn
I already wrote this on some forum, but I will write here too. It's all about Windows, or rather about assembling Windows. Please note that the video card is not loaded at the time of the freezes, and the entire jump falls into the processor. Guys, in Steam comments, found 2 solutions to this problem.
The first and most reliable, we installed another Windows, old build. I don't know what kind of assembly I was talking about. I can only advise my own, as it is stable (I bought the game in 1919 in the MC store, I never had friezes and lags in the forse, and even more so departures). 19041.746 The
second way, people write that they helped some. Screen options - graphics settings - In the list, select "classic applications" - overview - select exe forza. If you do not have this section, then such a Windows curve.

Try it. Most likely there will be no patch. But, I guarantee, everything works at 19041.746. Moreover, the game starts even when nvidia experiences and valpeiper engin are turned on. There are no FPS drawdowns, no friezes, no crashes. And there never was.

I
IngwardIn 19.03.21

insel260
Thank you kind person. In my case, the second method really reduced the number of freezes, the game began to work more stable.

g
gloccc 19.03.21

IngwardIn
This problem is only present in the Steam version of the game. I checked the ms side version yesterday - everything works perfectly. Steam version = a bunch of microfreezes, people who were involved in transferring the game to Steam know about the problem and unsubscribed that they are preparing a fix.

I
IngwardIn 19.03.21

gloccc
Thank you for the information!

M
MsWakeUp ml 19.03.21

The crooked Steam version will kick you out of the game if you have blocked access to the Internet and the local network and the network card is disabled - turn it on. At the same time, you do not need to have an Internet connection - just provide access

D
DANNYA 30.03.21

but what about the steering wheel in the steam version? Maybe someone tried it on the G27 or G29?

I
IngwardIn 30.03.21

MsWakeUp ml
Throws out, but very rarely, with all this I play on the Internet via ak. Microsoft.

V
VirgiMoD 30.03.21

So I bought this game on the incentive, and when you go into the game, she writes that she cannot find the parameters for my PC, although my computer is not a bad process-ryzen 5 2600 3.4 vidyuha-1660 super 6 gigabytes and 2 dies of 8.
And there are options continue with the parameters that are there, make a power check and custom settings. As I did not try, what I did not put, but when I enter the game and go to the first quest, the game immediately crashes.
And also when you do a power check when loading the game crashes. Guys help if you know what's the matter if I've already tried to reinstall the game.

S
Streeting 30.03.21

Did the
conductor kill VirgiMoD ?

K
Kirkeney 05.04.21

VirgiMoD
I also have a steam version of the game and have similar problems (though the computer is much worse than yours). It helped me to set absolutely all graphics settings to the very minimum (except for the resolution). The starting races started normally, went through them, then I set my settings.

3ADrooT 12.04.21

I inform you that there is NO fix yet (a month has passed already). The stat is just as strong as before (literally every second).

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

There is a 3ADrooT
patch, but it is better not to install it, and if you install it, you must make a copy of old files: D
staters change to more frequent ones, disappear over time, but in some places they are too fierce.

u
urik7200 19.04.21

Perhaps they will shower me with cons, but I found something more or less similar to the solution. In any case, there are 95% fewer friezes. A method for owners of Nvidia 1060 or higher cards (maybe it will help on weaker cards, I have no way to check.) And Windows 20H2.
The method with Windows is described above. insel260

Nvidia Method:
Download Nvidia Inspector utility.
Open Profile Inspector, search for Forza Horizon 4.
In point 2 Sync and Refresh, select the Prefered Refreshrate parameter and set Highest Available.
In the Triple Buffering parameter set On
In the Vertical Sync parameter set Force On

In item 3 - Antialiasing find the Setting parameter and select 8x [8x CSAA (4 color + 4 cv samples)]
In the Transparency Supersampling parameter, select 4x supersampling (8x is also possible, but the fps will be 3-5 lower).

Using the Nvidia control panel in the "Manage 3D Settings" section, select Program Settings and select the Forza Horizon 4 game.
Set Max. frame rate - 51 fps or lower (anything higher leads to freezes).

All this was done on a pirate with an Empress crack. All settings are turned to Maximum (dynamic optimization is disabled). The resolution is 1920x1080.
Spoiler PC Assembly:
Intel Core i7 4770
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
SSDNow KC300 Kingston 120 GB (OS); SSD Crucial MX500 256 Gb (game); HDD WD 1Tb
RAM 16GB (RAM 8Gb Kingston 1600Mhz, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3)
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Evqa 700B1 700W

Nvidia driver 456.71 Measured

in MSI Afterburner, current version. Without these manipulations, I get 75 FPS (the monitor operates at 75Hz), however, freezes appear in the open world, simultaneously with the fall in FPS - the load on the video card drops. I decided to load the video card by 100% in this way. FPS 36-49 and there are practically no friezes. 1-2 freezes in 20 minutes of the game. 60 frames per second is certainly very good, but the friezes are very annoying ... I had to make such a compromise ..

Don't kick too much, I just wanted to help ..

x
xxIIuPaTxx 19.04.21

DANNYA
I have MOMO racing, does not plow.

D
DioShurik 27.04.21

insel260
Thank you! The second way helped.

K
Korle 09.05.21

insel260
in the second method, as far as I understand, there you must select "High performance" in the parameters. or doesn't it matter?

B
Bomber 24.05.21

DANNYA
dfgt supports, there are 900 degrees.
but there are no button icons and you have to customize some things yourself.
works medium shorter.

T
Top Nation 04.07.21

Well, what guys, where are the fixes?) 06/29/21 already ...

N
Nevksy1995 12.07.21

July 7, but there is still no fix!