3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lotrik 30.03.21 09:40 pm

The composition of the squad? (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

Hello everybody! Share your experience - what is the most optimal squad composition? I liked the roster consisting of 2 snipers, 2 attack aircraft and 1 heavy and 1 support, it went well, but for a faster passage I began to use 4 attack aircraft and 1 support and a sniper each. He decided not to use the heavy ones, because their main advantage is in RPGs, and when using grenades and heavy weapons, the doctor from the base swears that she has nothing to investigate because of this ...
65 Comments
Sort by:
A
Antimandalajnah 30.03.21

Depends on the mission. If you need to clean up the abomination, then, of course, you can take the heavy. And if the equipment with UFOs or the rescue of civilians, then stormtroopers and snipers are more appropriate. Psionics are also good - they have an unexpectedly large range.

S
SUSUL1 30.03.21

Attack aircraft, 2 heavy, 2 snipers and support.
Rockets are damn useful if you need to break through the wall in the ship for a good entrance, after all, the heavy can carry as many as 3 missiles, fragmentation and 2 for RPGs. Steal the floor of the level to hell! This is normal, the lives of the soldiers are more valuable than some fragments of weapons. And without rockets it can be damn troublesome to take out discs. And the ability "lead rain", which allows you to first shoot, and then continue the course, saved more than once in very bad situations, especially with berserkers.

D
Dominator-08 30.03.21

sniper with detector, 2 supports with laser rifles, scout tank and psionic

T
TruLegenD 30.03.21

In fact, the selection of the squad is very important by the end of the game, I have 2 snipers (Colonels, which means 2 shots each) with plasma and in "Archangels" (To conquer the roof faster, and therefore a bonus), 1 PSI assault (colonel) in a ghost with plasma fraction. More like a scout and support works) 2 heavy (Colonels) and their plus not only in RPGs, as they wrote above, when they have a heavy plasma in their hands and they themselves are in titanium, they take out colossal damage of 15 not by crits, but by 2 shots! Cons: low accuracy and reloading. Well, and 1 Psi-support (Captain), in the role of a medic and support mainly.

T
TruLegenD 30.03.21

As a result, the main strike team makes 8 shots per turn + psi from the support and either 1 shot or more psi from the assault.

C
Chrono23 30.03.21

Tell me how the perk return fire at support works, I can't catch up in any way = (

K
Kpyocap 30.03.21

3 snipers - colonel with plasma, 2 support medics, 1 heavy - imba

K
Kpyocap 30.03.21

Took out 2 robots walking (forgot the name) in 1 move :) lol.

F
Fidel_Cuba 30.03.21

I generally use snipers at the extreme

T
TruLegenD 30.03.21

Fidel_Kuba
Kpyocap
Snipers are good because they have 2 shots, but the heavy ones too, and I would not forget about the assault, they are more tenacious than the others, and in the closest they hit not childishly + which is important after the dash you can shoot. Tactically extremely beneficial

K
Kpyocap 30.03.21

TruLegenD
They are more heavy for close combat, the machine gun hurts with a scythe .. And I don't like close combat at all, this is a risky business.
Better to stay away, climb higher.
??????
PROFIT

M
Mihasik55 30.03.21

1.sniper in ghostly armor (a hook is better than archangels) with a plasma sniper, 2 shots
2.Heavy attack aircraft in titanium armor, with a plasma cannon, two grenades, two RPG shots (used to suppress the enemy and take out robots or helluva lot of creatures, stupidly throw grenades and rockets)
3.support for psionics in psi armor, with a plasma rifle, three first-aid kits, and a grenade (we support the fighters
with healim) 4.stormtrooper in the archangel (it is useful to fly up to cover the sniper) with a plasma rifle, a grenade (also a support fighter helps where the defense sags )
5.stormtrooper in titanium armor, with a plasma rifle, a grenade (perks evasion, return shot (when the enemy approaches) it makes sense to take a psi shield instead of a grenade)
6. psionic attack aircraft in titanium armor, with a shotgun made of extraterrestrial alloys (takes out a berserker with 1 - 2 shots) with an arc thrower (the main striking force if anyone survives in front of him can be captured) perks evasion, return shot.

In our opinion, the most functional detachment can perform any tasks from tatal destruction to capture (it is

great to sit in the defense with them) Z.Y made the tank no use from him .......

F
Fitterr 30.03.21

Mihasik55
z.y made the tank no use from him .......
Its main and main advantage is that it is not a pity for it. Smashed, made a new one. He has gorgeous armor and a killer cannon. In intelligence, a necessary thing.

Y
Yoshemitsu 30.03.21

Two stormtroopers, two heavyweights, a psionic sniper, a psionic support. There are no losses.
All with plasma but only panzer armor. There is still not enough money for the best. I need to send thunderbolts to every country.

S
SUSUL1 30.03.21

They smashed, made a new one. The
fate of the drones is hard ...
By the way, how many tanks are there?
So far I have seen only the first turret on the tracks, not very armored, it lay down in the third battle, but with great benefit (I took over 2 grenades) and on the screenshots a flying gravitapu (how can I study it by the way?). And what else is there, I met heavy tanks on the maps, but such an airplane is unlikely to fit =)

k
killerok47 30.03.21

My team consists of 2 medics, a sniper, a heavy weight and 2 assaults. I didn't screw up a single battle, very often I divide the team into two groups: honey, heavy, assault (with a shotgun) and honey, snipe, assault (with a rifle). And at the end of the game I had both psionic assaults :)

By the way, who collects which teams in multiplayer?
For example, I take two snipes and one flyer :)

T
TruLegenD 30.03.21

Kpyocap
Heavy, thanks to the perk, have 2 RPG missiles + 1 fragmentation missile, which is quite important in long-range combat, it is especially convenient to smoke out of shelters and kill repairmen droids, at the same time to kick a large

A
Alecs-- 30.03.21

2 strands - titanium armor + chitinous insert + plasma. Perk: Lead rain gives two shots or a shot and retreat. Will to live - reduces the damage received, at least not by much, but allows you to live longer. A rocketman and a fragmentation rocket - we are tearing down shelters and finishing off the wounded. I use it as meat for collecting damage and for finishing off the enemy.
1 stormtrooper - titanium armor + chitin insert + extraterrestrial alloy shotgun. Perks: Shooting on the run + lightning reflexes + rapid fire - allow you to run half the level and kill a fat enemy. Tactical flair + good health + stamina - allows you to withstand more shots, and in conjunction with a melee master, you can also do a good job of damaging the enemy. I use it as a scout, as well as for the destruction of fat single targets.
2 snipers - titanium armor + target + plasma. From perks: headshot + executioner + general view + double shot - they shoot two shots with crit on the floor of the map. I use them as main damage dealers.
1 support - titanium armor + chitin insert + first aid kit. All healing perks. I use it to restore health to the wounded.

105th 30.03.21

three attack colonels with open perks "melee master" in "ghost armor" + "chitinous cover", a heavyweight colonel in "titanium armor" with two foreign grenades, a sniper similarly in "titanium armor" + with the module "+10 to accuracy" , obligatory colonel of support in "titanium armor" and with a pumped-over additional pocket, where I put first-aid kits and "chitinous cover" - my mixture :) I
do not use psi-skills, because I see no need. but two stormtroopers own them, since, as I understand it, candidates for possessing such neuroses are randomly selected.
and for the sake of them, downloading additional fighters is boring. so more than 40 missions have passed. it remains to catch the damn plate. but while a new fighter is in progress :)
in general, rebby, I plan to replace the heavyweight with an attack aircraft or support, since in many missions he is practically not needed. of course, he stops well, he can carry more grenades + missiles, but so far I have not had any difficulty in taking out humanoids with simple tactics. stormtroopers are required. I advise everyone. and the more assault, the better. always keep a medic nearby. Walk together as stormtroopers, otherwise the nasty humanoids will recruit your fighter :)
yes, be sure to give out plasma pistols to stormtroopers if you work at long distances.

d
dfsgsfdgsdfgdfsg 30.03.21

2 machine gunners, backbone, armored, can withstand even the most serious hits, while being the least likely to panic.
1 sniper, drive to a higher position, shoots through the floor of the map with a perk that allows you to shoot at a visible alien by another Persian.
2 support - hang out behind the scouts, press down on the enemy with fire, if necessary, throw smoke bombs around everything, well, they are also doctors.
1 attack aircraft, fast, with crazy crits, I use it to catch the necessary specimens of aliens with an arc gun