3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21 11:14 pm

Monitor overclocking

Maybe someone will help but this is on the GPU from nvidia. So to the topic, overclocking is usually just shown how to raise the frequencies in the nvidia control panel, and for example, raise the frequencies from 60Hz to 70-75Hz, or you can also raise the hertzovka by setting the standard synchronization in the point of synchronization: not on auto, but manually, and where there are only pixels the value can be decreased vertically and horizontally you can increase or leave the default, and for this you can still add gigahertz if during normal overclocking it was already impossible for you
before

and after

Someone might be able to raise the hertz even more, as I have with normal overclocking managed to raise to 70Hz and so on to 81Hz
30 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

Hah, I saw a way to overclock the monitor from one would-be programmer, only through the Custom Resolution Utility program, it is also possible to add support for g-sync, HDR, etc. through it.
But this is all a dubious scam.

Speaking objectively and thinking soberly, overclocking is possible within 5-15 Hz.
Of course, when you have a 144Hz monitor, these 5-15Hz do not resist. Another thing is when your monitor is 60Hz ....

In theory, it is difficult to harm the monitor in this way, especially if the monitor is modern. If you look closely, it becomes clear that this is the work of the software part, which bypasses the protection and limitations of the monitor. If the monitor has a hertz margin, it will start, if not, then it will go into defense - a black screen. This, of course, is fixed by resetting the settings, restarting the drivers and setting adequate values.
But a modern monitor has another side - if it does not allow it to harm, then it is unlikely that it will allow you to overclock it.

Another question is, what will you do if the monitor starts up at deliberately inadequate values? And how harmless is it to operate the matrix at a non-nominal frequency with prolonged use? The monitor also tends to warm up, it may well burn out.

I believe that this is still a lottery, it depends on how successful you have a copy, how lucky you are, etc.
In any case, everything is done at your own peril and risk! And if you approach overclocking, then only wisely and on your own responsibility!

Personally, with my modest baggage of knowledge, I would hardly have started doing this on my new monitor, at least because there is no way to monitor the status, carry out diagnostics and there are no standards on this matter, such as overclocking the same processor or video cards.
Although I admit, there was a temptation, I tried to add HDR function: D But everything is even, maybe it's for the best.

As for the minuses, there are really enough toxic people))
People pretend to be competent, but instead of efficient constructiveness or competent explanations about the matter, they throw jokes for 300 and take their ignorance for granted.On the
one hand, this topic can be useful for enthusiasts, I understand what you wanted to share information, help!
But my opinion, since you already decided to teach something to others, then this topic deserves at least a full-fledged article, with all the nuances, screenshots, tests, explanations, theory, etc.
In this situation, you are an incompetent person and your guide is unreliable!
Most likely, hence the disadvantages.

If you didn’t want cons, but wanted to talk about this topic, you should design the topic appropriately.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

SPR1GGAN
I also want to buy a 144-165Hz monitor soon, but for now, overclocking saves the current, because I often play rainbow six sige and even the transition from 60 to 80Hz is noticeable.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

IngwardIn
Well, I choose the overclocked profile only when I play network shooters, and in normal mode I switch to the standard value

s
satanicgod 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
overclocking result - in 1920 (83), 4k (0), 720p (149)
4k do not chase because the hdma cable is normal. You need to look somewhere for the display port 1.4.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

satanicgod
I forgot something for the cable

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

IngwardIn
Well, I kind of wrote that you can still squeeze out of the monitor than with the usual increase in the hertzovka, for those who have already been engaged in overclocking, and I apologize for stating everything vaguely.

c
close one 09.05.21

Ryazancev
Please indicate the timing in the video in which Pasha talks about frame drops in the ufotest?

Spoiler

And where do these timings come from, if when he filmed this video, he did not even know about these frame drops, since the ufotest appeared a year after his video?
You were not even embarrassed by his admission that the matrix of his laptop, which he "overclocked", does not have its own control module (scaler, as he calls it), and the one that is installed on the motherboard of the laptop is unified, like the matrix that he from 60, "overclocked" to 150? Obviously, his matrix was also 144 hertz, because 150 is a figure close to the "overclocking" ceiling of 144 hertz monitors, but not 60 hertz monitors. Or is it all just white noise for you?

You remind me of those computer mouse overclockers who, through various software, such as LordOfMice, "overclocked" office mice to "gaming" ones, without even understanding the reasons WHY fast gaming mice are faster and more accurate than office ones. Someone made a guide for you, you repeated with the saliva flowing from your mouth, without delving into anything.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 09.05.21

close one
And why then I noticed a difference after overclocking from 60 to 80Hz, the smoothness became higher, how then can you explain if you are so smart.

c
close one 09.05.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Black frame effect. A black frame inserted in a row of others reduces image blur.
You can see how it looks here:

https://www.testufo.com/blackframes#count=2&bonusufo=0&equalizer=1&background=000000&multistrobe=1&pps=960

Those frames skipped during "overclocking" sometimes pop up in black and create this effect smoother Pictures. Nothing more. In fact, you even lost the frame, and did not gain it, thanks to the "overclocking".
On a CRT, you will see the difference between 60 and 75. On an LCD, you will not notice the difference between 60 and 80, even if it was a real hertz rise, and not corn.

G
GO-GO-GeForce 09.05.21

I also decided for the sake of experiment to overclock my monik, which is at 240Hz to 260Hz. It turned out to take 253Hz. But I never saw the difference.