3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
.Chiken 12.04.21 11:14 pm

RX 480, black screens, artifacts (?)

Config
right away : Sapphire RX 480 8gb NITRO +, bought in a store at the end of 2016, 100% did not mine xD
Intel Xeon E3-1270v2
Asus P8Z77-V-LX
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16gb 1867mhz
PSU Corsair VS 650w, seems to be more alive than all living
Windows 10 Home 20H2
Samsung monitor at 60Hz, connected via HDMI
The body of the norms is blown, one 140mm for blowing and three 120mm for blowing.

The essence of the problem: periodically I catch the monitor blinking (black screen), in the upper left corner at this time there is an HDMI inscription (as if I was pulling out the cable or the video in the slot turns off and on), sometimes after that, running blue dots appear in some places (if again I'll catch it - I'll take a picture and attach it), a couple of times there were such jokes:
jokes
Chronology:
First, I updated the vidyahi driver to the relatively recently released WHQL 21.3.1. Played for a while. Black screens began to fall from time to time. It blinked and passed, I continued to play. Then, while watching YouTube, there was a blinking and I noticed these blue dots on the screen. Blinked again - disappeared. Appeared a few more times, including that desktop crap (above). It got to me and I took apart the map. I walked around with a magnifying glass on both sides of the board, I did not find any crime (as far as I can tell, I am not a radio engineer, but I think I can distinguish a burst capacitor from a normal one). Is that the thermal pads are a little leaked. Well, I got them wet, then I cleaned what was on the board with alcohol (still a little left), looked at the memory chips - they seemed to be not yellowed, ordinary black rectangles. I also changed the thermal paste for everyone, although it was not dry, but changed six months ago, the first time being. I put it back together, started everything, the temperature dropped by 5-6 degrees, immediately climbed into the lodge - it goes quietly without glitches, the peak temperature is 79, before that it was 82. In the meantime, I changed the HDMI cable (I have exactly two of them and I don't know , whether they both work normally. Should, at least, I deliberately did not break them. Clean, rubbed with alcohol), because I sinned mainly on him.
I climbed through the AMD settings panel, found the "Pixel format" item, which the driver always set for me to "YbCbR 4: 4: 4", and I switched it to "RGB 4: 4: 4 Full RGB". I decided to poke, poked: when I turned on YbCbR - everything is fine, I switch back to RGB - blue dots on the screen. Okay, included YbCbR.
Tonight I played again and this time I failed to “blink” normally: it blinked several times and the black screen remained. There are sounds of the game. I reboot, after the Asus logo immediately a blue screen:
BSOD
Once again I rebooted, I immediately got into the BIOS. In it I see the following picture:
jokes in the BIOS
I reboot again, the same BSOD, press F8 and boot in safe mode. Booted fine, visually everything is clean. Removed AMD Cleanup Utility driver, rebooted to normal mode. Windows automatically installed the video driver (not the default, but stupidly last year, like the August one), the card is normally detected in the system, except that there is no AMD settings panel. Rebooted again, like everything was normal. While I was sitting and googling the problem, I climbed around the AMD forums (at the same time I created a topic there, for everyone) and reddit - many have problems with the latest (21.3.1) drivers. Some have similar problems. Black screens are mostly on people on the 5700 and 6800, but on the RX-series, there are also a couple. I read, read, bam - again the black screen blinked and these blue dots appeared on the screen again. I thought maybe AMD Cleanup Utility didn't work quite right,
Now I rebooted again in safe mode, pulled out the Internet wire from the computer, demolished the drivers via DDU, rebooted into Windows, found the WHQL version of the drivers for September 2020 on a well-known technical resource, installed it, rebooted again. I came here to write all this. While I am writing, nothing seems to be blinking and everything is normal on the screen.
The question is: was it all the same with the wood, or did all this already indicate specific problems with the video card? Chip dump there, I don't know ... But in such cases, as I understand it, usually in the manager the vidyah falls off with code 43, and I specifically tried to check it after these black screens - everything is fine, it is determined, it says "no problem". In general, I ask for advice from knowledgeable people xD
7 Comments
Sort by:
l
longerr2007 12.04.21

.Chiken
Here's what I googled https://gamesqa.ru/kompyutery/0xc0000225-9780/
Spoiler The
reasons for the error 0xc0000225 There are several reasons for the error 0xc0000225, nevertheless, almost all of them are always associated with the hard disk on which your system is installed. Let's see for what such reasons the error 0xc0000225 could occur.

Corrupted bootloader entry (most common cause);
problems with faulty drivers of some equipment in the system;
changing the selected operating mode for the hard disk controller;
damage to the boot sectors of the hard disk;
mismatch of the HDD ID with a specific entry in the Windows Registry;

.Chiken 12.04.21

longerr2007
I know all this, it's not the case in bsod: I bypassed it by booting in safe mode and removing the driver on the xD vidyahu

D
Deshang 12.04.21

.Chiken
would check with another cord and / or monitor.

.Chiken 12.04.21

Deshang
Here in terms of the cable, the problem, as already mentioned - there is only HDMI, two pieces. I stuck the second one a long time ago, and as far as I remember, it periodically fell off (not in the literal sense) xD
Naroy at a friend's third - I'll check it out. There is, of course, a VGA cable from the monitor, but on the video there is a DVI-D connector, the adapter, again, is dumb ... Here is a second monitor, a slightly different Samsung, but there is the same situation in terms of connectors, but on the second VGA there is xD
What's most interesting: from the moment I created the theme, I sat in the browser, watching YouTube - even if only henna, not a single black screen or flickering pixel on the screen. Plus, I installed 3Dmark now, launched 10 Fire Strike runs, stared stupidly at the screen all the time - everything was also absolutely normal, no visual obscenities xD
Either the drivers are still (but why did I then see what is on the screen in the BIOS? ...), or I'm still lucky xD

M
Marsj 12.04.21

.Chiken wrote:
but why did I see what is on the screen in the BIOS then? ...
Hardware artifacts.
The video card gradually goes into another world after the warranty period.
The only acceptable option in this case is to send the device to a service center. However, it should be borne in mind that after the repair, the video card does not work for long - on average, no more than a year. There is a reason to think about replacing it.
No video cards, but you hold on.

.Chiken 12.04.21

Marsj
Well, if this is so, then it's easier for me to drain it for parts and sit out for a second until all this mess is over xD
I read about warm-ups and reballs - I'll do it, it's not worth it xD

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.21

you can twist what kind of heating benchmark for fidelity. if the vidyuha explodes, then the point is in it,
but not exclusively that it was in the drivers. Falls can occur when GPU processing is added to the tasks - for example, when accelerating the kinz. I had a faulty vidyuha, which I damaged by overclocking, she made black dots in games and holes in textures, I gave her and she was looking for a long and happy life. at the expense of the black screen and the game continues to go and boom, these are problems with the vidyuha driver with a high probability.
therefore, if the pitch is running games, vidyuha old without tracing are started - there is no need to update the driver usually.