3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TaZaSho 20.04.21 01:12 am

Performance Issue (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Good day, my problem is this - fps drops in sessions with a large number of players, although my graphics settings are generally the lowest, except for textures (very high), I have a laptop with a gtx 1060 (6gb) video card + intel core i7- 7700hq + 16gb ram + ssd.
I took a screenshot in a session of 25+ people in the city center, 30 fps in total, although the processor, video card and RAM are not fully loaded. When there are fewer people in the session, more FPS.
Even when I ran GTA online for the first time (2 years ago) in such sessions, the FPS was above 60 on the ultra settings of the
video card driver, I have the last ones, windows 10 does not lag, without viruses.
So what's the problem then?
16 Comments
Sort by:
T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

a
anotoleololo 20.04.21

TaZaSho
82 degrees is the norm for you? the problem may be in synchronization, I had 50fps instead of 90 in the firewood in the odyssey with fast sync enabled, in 1 serge it was the other way around: with fast sync disabled it was 66fps instead of 120

a
anotoleololo 20.04.21

or it starts on the built-in GPU at all

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

So what has to do with synchronization, if the FPS falls in the game depending on the number of players, i.e. when I am 1 in session, then I have above 70 fps, like the synchronization adjusts to the game or what?

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 20.04.21

TaZaSho Turn
off the built-in video card it's gpu 2 that's the reason you have 1060 working at 16% and the built-in at 22%

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
On average, I have gpu1 loaded at 25% - 35% and gpu2 at 20% - 25% in the session with the maximum number of players.
The nvidia control panel has a high-performance processor, i.e. discrete graphics card.

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Here is a vidos recorded, here already the fps is better, but do my characteristics claim to be 50 fps at the minimum?

L
Lex-one 20.04.21

TaZaSho
Look at how many degrees, what frequency, + shit, God forbid, one-channel.
The main thing is competent hardware, not its presence.
Your video card does not even strain.

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Lex-one It's
just that I never changed the hardware in the laptop, and when I played GTA online for the first time, I had ultra settings and the FPS was normal.

L
Lex-one 20.04.21

TaZaSho
And how did you clean the laptop?

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Lex-one

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Lex-one
Yes, quite recently, everything is fine

L
Lex-one 20.04.21

TaZaSho
Well, the temperatures on the processor say that not really.

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Lex-one
I haven't changed thermal paste for a long time

T
TaZaSho 20.04.21

Lex-one
As far as I know, at high processor temperatures, throttling starts, i.e. lower processor frequencies, but do my frequencies drop or am I misunderstanding something?

S
SonyK_2 20.04.21

TaZaSho
TaZaSho wrote:
... fps drops in sessions with a large number of players ...
With a large number of players, the load on the CPU increases - when it does not have time to process the data, the frame rate will drop. My own example from another game:
Spoiler

200 fps limitation in the game, I no longer had it (even in the menu).