3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dekon 27.04.21 11:04 pm

Low FPS Online (Grand Theft Auto 5)

MSI laptop with i7 7700hq, gtx1060 3gb, 32gb ram.
The problem is this: gta 5 in the plot and in the game performance test produces from 60 to 120 fps, depending on the graphics settings, and at the same time online, in an open session, the fps is constantly at the level of 40 frames. At the same time, the graphics settings do not affect online FPS in any way. The load of the processor and the video card is on average 40 percent. With the graphics settings, I can both reduce the load of the video card to 20%, and increase it to 99%, but the fps will not change. I attach screen 1 - this is how the game works constantly, screen 2 - all graphics at minimum and cut resolution, screen 3 - maximum graphics and increased render resolution.
Please help increase fps to 60 :(

3 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 09.05.21

Dekon
FPS online will be less anyway, but you don't seem to have a very weak system.

Has the system been overclocked? Any manipulations in the BIOS? Did you disable the paging file?

From observations, I noticed that the RAM is so decently loaded. Consumption of 16GB, if nothing is open, besides the game, then games consume on average from 7-16GB. And GTA is even 8GB. And if you compare the tests with the same processor, in your case it is loaded for some reason less.
To be honest, I do not know if this is normal consumption with 32GB, but again, in comparison with the 16GB and 32GB tests, there is no such big difference and I do not know how much this can affect performance and fps. It just seemed strange to me.
You can try to free the system cache with Mem Reduct - Henry ++.

I
IngwardIn 09.05.21

A similar topic has already existed, and although they did not find an unambiguous solution there, maybe some of the tips will help you.
https://forums.playground.ru/gta_5/nizkij_fps_v_onlajne-965206/

D
Dekon 09.05.21

IngwardIn
No overclocking . There is a small undervolting of the processor, for the laptop and the cooling are disgusting. Without undervolting, the FPS is not higher. In bios, everything is stock. The paging file was turned off, turned on, resized, transferred from ssd to hdd - no difference.
And RAM is really used a lot and I don't know if it's okay. Besides the game, only Discord is open. Later I will try to understand the program you wrote about.
And about the fact that online, in any case, there will be less FPS, this is understandable, but having 40 frames when in a single I can get 120 is very strange. That would be some way to find out exactly where the frame rate rests, that's what prevents you from drawing more?
IngwardIn
I have already found that topic, but there are mostly senseless disputes, and nothing helped from the advice.