3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alexanderfox 09.05.21 08:15 pm

Audio and video out of sync in cutscenes (Resident Evil: Village)

Can you please tell people what does it mean when the audio in the cutscenes starts to outpace the video? There is a 5-10 second desynchronization. Characters begin to say those things when these actions have not yet occurred and the video is late, this is a synchronization problem and what does it depend on? Is it at the software level related to optimization or does it depend on hardware?
56 Comments
Sort by:
r
robotizir 09.05.21

the same bullshit

R
RavenW89 09.05.21

alexanderfox
and what hardware?

n
nick_tiger501 09.05.21

Same. In the demo itself, the FPS is stable, there are no bugs, everything is fine - as soon as the cut-scene starts - the sound is normal, the video is very slow. If you skip a cut-scene, everything returns to its place.

d
diablomaxpain 09.05.21

nick_tiger501
also noticed the same thing in the cut scenes of the video, as if it were in a slideshow, and when Ethan communicates with someone it is interesting this is in the demo or all the same in the hardware.

n
nick_tiger501 09.05.21

diablomaxpain
I also have this going on in the opening and ending Cut-scenes in the System Shock Remake. I do not even know. I really hope that it's all the same in the demos ... the demos of the second and third remakes of the Resident also slowed down tightly, but in the end the games went very smoothly and cool.

d
diablomaxpain 09.05.21

nick_tiger501
Well, I think they won't ruin their reputation as a cd progect with their cyber punk 2077

n
nick_tiger501 09.05.21

diablomaxpain
I agree 100%! Well, gentlemen! Only a few hours left)

d
diablomaxpain 09.05.21

nick_tiger501
Mde, it's a pity that many write that in the full version the same thing happens when the version for ps4 feels good, the reason on the pc can be in denuvo protection, which more than once proves that it affects the resources of the processor and vidyuhi more than once

T
TyanKa 09.05.21

People! Let's discuss this problem in one place, and not create clone topics:
one: https://forums.playground.ru/resident_evil_village/tech/rassinhron_v_ozvuchke_demo-1002796/
two: https://forums.playground.ru/resident_evil_village/tech/ rassinhron_zvuka-1002910 /

Now on the subject. In my topic, even during the passage of DEMO, I encountered this problem. The speech of the characters (Russian voice acting), in the village, does not match their actions and lips, although the sounds of footsteps and surroundings are normal. I play at 30 FPS (for cinematic, to be like in the movies) on maximum graphics. 1080 Ti card, 1080p resolution. Pulls the game normally (stable 30 frames without subsidence).

I solved the problem by trial and error, playing with different parameters. In general, for some reason, if you set the "Image quality" parameter to 2, then it goes out of sync, and if to 1, then everything is fine. Moreover, in both cases, stable 30 frames. I also changed other parameters and they did not give any sense.

Let me summarize. For those who are out of sync, try setting the "Image Quality" parameter to 1.

k
kazanova87 09.05.21

a
alexanderfox 09.05.21

RavenW89 The
hardware is no longer so hot, core i5 4430, rx 580 8GB, DDR3 1866 memory, but it's in it.

a
alexanderfox 09.05.21

TyanKaI found out what is the reason for the brake cutscenes, I recommend reinstalling Windows 10 to the latest version 201H plus update the drivers. The image quality is 200%, it eats the system like a bull slop. If you have a weak percentage and the video card is weak, you should not do this. Did not answer as it was banned. until the 7th due to a verbal skirmish in the chat.

T
TyanKa 09.05.21

alexanderfox
Thanks, but I have already solved the problem. I did not update anything and did not install the codec (it seemed to be installed by itself when installing the game). And I decided so - just set the image quality parameter to 1, instead of 2x. It was strange for me that there was no difference in FPS between these two values ​​(1080ti card), so I could not think that this could somehow affect. Only by the method of experiments and constant restarts of the screensaver - I found out that this is exactly the point. For me personally. Others may have it differently.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 09.05.21

TyanKa
Image quality is rendering, if you have Full HD and set the quality to 2 it will be 4K resolution.

a
alexanderfox 09.05.21

TyanKa
Do you watch the stream from 4de? It seems to me or your photo was on YouTube too.

M
MisterIgrik 09.05.21

alexanderfox
Out-of-sync sound and picture is solved by banal disabling of subtitles in the game settings

B
Blackmore1014 09.05.21

PC version. When I turn on the surround sound in the settings, the sound disappears for a couple of seconds. Then it appears, but there is no click in the menu when you move the cursor over them.
Nobody has such a thing?

V
Vanderville 09.05.21

Blackmore1014
Same thing. There are a lot of small bugs. With cursor, sound, black screen bars, etc.

B
Blackmore1014 09.05.21

Vanderville
And I thought only with me. Tell me, when you have surround sound turned on in the game itself, Ethan's voice does not disappear? And some other sounds are missing in the game. Moreover, I noticed that the surround sound does not work correctly at all - when you turn to the source of some sound with your back or half sideways, then the sound is not heard at all. And the overall volume seems to go down .. If you turn off the surround sound, then everything is fine. This is strange, because in RE7 and the remakes of RE2 and RE3 with surround sound, everything was fine.

You are the first who answered, if you can suggest some other points, I will be glad.

- In the settings, I cannot assign the ESC key to "back" in the menu. And only the right mouse button.
- Exit the game through the Del key - some kind of nonsense.
- I was tormented with adjusting the sensitivity of the mouse. It turns out that the "mouse sensitivity" parameter does not affect anything at all, but the "camera movement speed while moving" and "camera movement speed while aiming" parameters are needed.
- There is no directx 11 and 12 selection in the graphics settings, although it was in the remakes.
- And damn something else. How to move the map in the game? I've tried all the keys, but I can't seem to do anything. That is, you open the map, in the center is a character in the form of an arrow. And how can I move the map to the sides so that, for example, read the designated objects? I can not.

V
Vanderville 09.05.21

Blackmore1014
By moving the map there, as far as I understand, you can move if you hold down the left button on the mouse, and with the objects that you twist to view. Otherwise, I have the same jokes with the sound and other things that you described. Most likely in the first patch, something of this should be fixed