3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alexanderfox 09.05.21 08:15 pm

Audio and video out of sync in cutscenes (Resident Evil: Village)

Can you please tell people what does it mean when the audio in the cutscenes starts to outpace the video? There is a 5-10 second desynchronization. Characters begin to say those things when these actions have not yet occurred and the video is late, this is a synchronization problem and what does it depend on? Is it at the software level related to optimization or does it depend on hardware?
56 Comments
Sort by:
n
nick_tiger501 01.06.21

bych4
It seems to me that the graph is being twisted. Not to the maximum, but strong enough. I noticed at the first appearance of the Daughters, who grab and drag Ethan. The cut-scene begins with a look at the door, so the textures change before our eyes! And most likely the shadows are twisted to the maximum ... And the Old Woman? Wherever she was - behind, in front - but how she appeared - everything. 10 FPS ... Only disappeared - at the time of 60 FPS. It's as if you're breaking out of jelly ... And as for cyberpunk, Cyberpunk seems to be optimized better than the Resident (BUT ONLY in cut scenes) ...

b
bych4 01.06.21

nick_tiger501
found it kind of like a solution. you need to enable "Shadow cache" (toggle switch ON). As I understand it, when it is off, shadows are generated from objects in real time, and with it turned on, they are created and stored in RAM (or where?). In general, after that, the game became much smoother and the out of sync disappeared (sort of like)

n
nick_tiger501 01.06.21

bych4
Shadow cache - yes! tried it. Even in 2 and 3 remakes, the shadow cache provides smoother work by saving the shadow cache at the location, and not generating them in real time (If I expressed the wrong idea - correct it, just the meaning is this), but in my case it does not help. By the way, I didn't pay attention ... Does the Old Lady cast a shadow?

n
nick_tiger501 13.06.21

Throws it away ... But the Old Woman, apparently, is so high-poly, and has tremendous power that everything starts to freeze when she appears))))

C
Cakcop 13.06.21

A month has passed, and the narrow-eyed devils have not yet been fixed. Disappointed PPC. Month!!!

P
Pavel rally 13.06.21

Cakcop
It is written, we need stable 60 fps.

C
Cakcop 13.06.21

Pavel Rally
Well, yes, and thousands of posts in the incentive that the top hardware is slowed down by this garbage.

n
nick_tiger501 13.06.21

The only hope is for the People's Craftsmen ... In the course of the Kapkomovtsy just scored on the PC, as it often happens ... It's a shame. You are waiting for a game from your favorite series, you pre-order, and you get this ... first the sound, and then the slow-motion video ... Well, at least the game started without problems, and thanks for that (they disappoint Kapkom, disappoint ...

s
sanjos 12.07.21

TyanKa
thanks a lot , it helped!

V
Vladimir Tsy 12.07.21

TyanKa
Thank you very much for the work done. Your method immediately helped me solve the problem!

h
hrom78 12.07.21

nick_tiger501
in the notepad document config, you can try to check the read-only checkbox, then after restarting it will not be changed to 12 directives.

n
nick_tiger501 23.07.21

hrom78
Thanks for the advice! But it didn’t help, unfortunately ...

V
VekoMih 23.07.21

DimaLooper The
game was hacked, and in the cutscenes it is still slowmo with a sound delay, although the game itself is running normally. I think so, until the end of the year, patches at bakeries can not be expected, although xs, xs, will it finally reach the caps of the boyars or not, given that they jerk off constantly on the pine tree
That's why they threw a high-poly graph on the grandmother how it spawns - 10 fps, pzdts, grandma disappeared - 50-60 fps back, the development team from the seventh part, as I understand it, are still gerontophiles.

N
NewReno 07.10.21

Changing the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 helped me. I was poking around with the settings, only it worked.
gtx1050 ti, ryzen 5 3600x, 16 ddr4 ram, ssd

j
joyself 24.05.22

SOLUTION
This problem occurs in people whose PC somehow does not meet the system requirements. I am writing this to help those who, after a year of the release of the game, have not found a solution. TO FIX this, I just changed the screen resolution in the game itself from FULL HD to 1600x900. Yes, it's sad, you slightly sacrifice the quality of the picture, but after an hour of playing the eyes get used to it, and it becomes easy to play. I was wildly happy when the problem disappeared, because I really wanted to play this game, it’s a pity that a year ago I didn’t try to do this when I was wildly interested in playing it. An extremely strange problem, I have not seen this in any game, use it, I hope it helps :)

n
no homo 09.07.22

jolyself
game is really weird. in fact, the graphics remained + - at the same level as in re2, 3, 7, but for some reason now it has become demanding on video memory. I passed re2, 3, 7 on high settings with acceptable fps on my old gtx 1050, but I can’t play the village, alas. =(