3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CatScout 09.05.21 08:19 pm

Points on textures. (Resident Evil: Village)

Hello everyone, I installed the game and ran into such a problem as ripples and dots on the hair and textures, regardless of the game settings (I tried all the options for the effect zero), I understand that my config is far from the most recent (intel core i5-9400F, Gforce GTX1050 ti 4gb, 16gb DDR4, playing on an SSD), but according to the stated minimum wages, I will go, and the FPS, in principle, suits me on average, but these points hurt my eyes very much, can anyone come across this or know how to fix it?

30 Comments
Sort by:
P
PULSAR A 12.07.21

3Dionis
how smart you are, it doesn't help

J
Just pancake 12.07.21

This is called dithering. For 10 years it has been widely used to emulate transparency or "smooth transitions" of textures and shades. You can NOT disable this in ANY way, everything is sewn at the engine level, you can only make it less catchy in the eye - by turning off the sharpness and setting TAA in anti-aliasing.

P
POLKOVNIK2005 12.07.21

CatScout
Such a problem was once in the Witcher, if you try to read the topic, you can find anything useful.
https://forums.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/tech/graphics/prozrachnost_listvy-917637/

C
CyberPashtet 23.07.21

In normal games / engines, it has long been learned to use the dithering of "transparent" objects in such a way that this object looks like perfectly transparent, even with smooth transparency transitions. In short - in pe7 / pe8 this is not, even with the help of TAA, they did not bother to eliminate this visual defect, and much in their games is rendered using outdated solutions, in a word, bydlocoders. To disguise any unrecoverable "graininess" of anything in any game is possible only by increasing the quality of the render (1.1-2.0) or using nvidia dsr or amd vsr, but at the cost of a significant degradation of performance. There are no alternative in-game solutions to this problem.
VRS shading is not the root cause, it has a different task, but it still degrades the picture quality ALWAYS (how much depends on the developer of a particular game), but gives a little more fps, the efficiency increases with increasing resolution / rendering or using VR, on monitors with low resolution is almost useless. Works on Turing green cards and newer. If there are no problems with FPS, always turn it off.
In general, it annoys me personally in this game that on almost most glossy surfaces and on all mirrors, where the notorious rtx is conceived, they artificially turned off any reflections, screen space reflection (although it is in the settings), they did not even leave cubomaps, they say stomp give me a card for an overpriced buy. Sabotage.

K
Keks 23.07.21

These points are a problem with RE7. You cannot disable them.

V
VekoMih 05.08.21

Keks
I agree, the development team from the seventh part of life and experience has not taught anything, because why solve long-standing ancients like mammoth shit graphic problems on medium and low console port settings, when they are already eating it, and in general, go to the store and buy rtx , smerd))))))

C
CatScout 19.08.21

PULSAR A
I bought a new vidyuhu rtx 3060. the dots still remain, but they are almost invisible, but you can still see on the hair, the hike can only be solved by playing in 4k

C
CatScout 19.08.21

I set the render quality to 2 and all the dots disappeared, on the hair or on the ground, the picture immediately became excellent, so this is a problem with a crooked render in 1080p, in RDR 2, by the way, the same with hair and ponytails, but when I set the render quality to 2K, all these problems disappear, no matter how sad it may sound, but the only solution to the problem was to update the hardware.
PS. If someone finds a solution to this problem in addition to playing in 2k, please share. I gave the old vidyuhu to my brother and now all these dots are killing him :)

t
tvorog8088 20.01.23

Yes, only in this game such garbage is going on, in others everything is perfect.

t
tvorog8088 20.01.23

CatScout
Yes, only rendering at 2 helped, now these points are not even at 1080.