3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AndRussian 24.05.21 02:51 am

Optimization on PC (Days Gone)

How is it going? Optimization norms?
118 Comments
Sort by:
01001000 01101001 01.07.22

MOUSE lapwing
You don't understand how you lie to yourself. What about loading missions? Although this is the answer to your question. Does the game not load? It happens. Textures, locations, buildings, trees, NPCs. And there is no "personal" universe, it is one in iron pitch for all, the only difference is judgments. The only thing that matters is what you can and what you can't. You can continue to deceive yourself and contradict yourself, or you can gather your thoughts together and accept a single concept that the disk responds to any PC requests faster, and it’s not even the initial boot screen, but the FPS (smoothness of the picture), already number.
I will touch. In the house you are only out of space and time, where nothing really happens to you. I'm sorry to see you lie to me, but it doesn't matter how much worse it is when you lie to yourself and others.
You want not to be touched. DON'T LIE, I don't like such lies.
Spoiler

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Although your card has a higher MEM frequency, but the MEM consumption is not far from mine
, I would start with the fact that it is GDDR6 and a more productive graphics core.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I just tested it, yes, it works better on SSD.
What exactly is better? I understand, and yours? What, the same?

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

01001000 01101001
It's you who pisses me off! Previously, everyone sat on hdd and there were no stutters and subloads. Yes, there were lags in some stupidly unoptimized games, but they went further and didn’t suffer too much. If the game is crap optimization, then no ssd will fix the situation. If an ordinary hard drive without jambs, troubles and does not rumble, then you will not see any difference with a regular ssd, except in loading the save of the part of the game where it stopped, or in the speed of installing the game on ssd. My will, then I would ban all these ssds in the market. I also like the techno process, damn it. Previously, even before sata, everyone sat on ide, and nothing, everything suited them. I have not changed Windows for four years, nothing is dirty and I follow everything. I advocate that the difference in the same speed between ssd and hdd be significant, and not the meager one that is now. Polls who now use only hdd and are not going to switch to ssd. Ask Denis, he recently bought an ssd. And then you probably know the reason.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

01001000 01101001
Played Elder Scroll Oblivion? There is loading of territories, tin as it happens statter for miles of a second in the subload of a new location. So, the game will soon be 20 years old. And, as these textures were loaded on ide, so it remained on the fast Samsung m2.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Yes, good already. I say the processor is doing something. The game stresses him out. Until you wait, everything lags. And it lags constantly, as it loaded, at least wait, at least don't wait. I don't know why, you go into pause - after a few seconds, play at 50-60 FPS. All. And CPU usage up to 60%. And just loaded the save - 100%. What's this?

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

MOUSE lapwing A
strange game, I recently put, yes, stutters on every corner, even in dungeons.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
We have been solving the battle between ssd and hdd for years. He is trying to overwhelm everyone under ssd. Therefore, disputes do not console. I give him one thing, he gives me another. In order not to be too wordy, let him make a test of games between hdd and ssd in modern projects, and the guys will check out his "colossal" difference.
I say the processor is doing something. The game stresses him out. 
I had a similar experience with a process. When I go to the Detroit or Horizon Zero game menu, I have a temperature of 87-89C and the boiler load is almost 100%, but as soon as I start playing, everything returns to normal, but as soon as I press escape and get into the menu, the temperature takes off again. Basically, I don't care. But it's still interesting what kind of nonsense is going on in the menu.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Have you played with mods???? I'm wondering if the mods are removed, will the subplugs go away? The FPS is cosmic, the percentage and the map are resting, but statters can appear out of the blue. Although in those days on Win XP this was not the case. Along the way, the game is imprisoned for old hardware.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

MOSHIVURII lapwing
I will say this, in principle, it doesn’t matter, at least ssd at least hdd. The difference in loading time - yes, there is a difference in FPS, on RDR 2 by almost 10 points. There is still a nuance here. Many, buying a regular ssd, connect it to the sata 2 interface (and if there is no sata 3 in the motherboard). There is no difference between ssd and hdd.
The problem is not understanding the cause itself.

Oblivion - yes with mods. But he lies. I did not like.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Here, look. Perfect example. I did the test, though a long time ago, but the system is relatively modern when compared with the times: one core, one gigo (and even then not a fact) gaming audio card. Game on m2. And the most severe statter can appear at any moment.
Spoiler

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
I think the game engine itself. Maybe, like in Skyrim, limit the frame rate to less than 60. He drives after 60.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Either the problem is in a lot of threading, as it was in krayzis. When Oblivion came out, there wasn't even a Core 2 duo in those days.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

01001000 01101001
The frame time graph is smoother. And about the MEM: I don’t know what is more productive there, but the memory eats up a little less than mine. But my settings are high, and I don’t know what you set. Yes and your test is very short

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

There is a recipe.
cpu control. I used it in WOT (in the CBT) when one core only worked. You turn everything on insolent and away we go)

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Does this program still work? I tried it two years ago. The old program was updated and there were no more updates, so it was impossible to carry out any manipulations in it, as in the speed fun program.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Who reads the topic and did not play!
Above they wrote that you need to change the settings of the .exe itself. Right. Lags hard in camps.
What else to do?
1. You need to wait 30 seconds on the main screen or before "click to continue".
2. Or, boot up. CPU 95-100%. Waiting for textures to load. Then everything is very simple - Escape, i.e. pause for 5 seconds and the processor load stabilizes. 40-60%.
Flying high and high.
I did not remove chromatic aberration. The speed effect is off. Synchronization is disabled.

P / S Until you press escape, the processor threshes at 100%, then everything is fine. In full hd it takes 3.8 GB of video card memory. RAM takes up to 9.6, the game did not use swap. Driver Nimez Adrenalin 22.2.1, average FPS including CPU drawdowns - 52 frames.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Works) I installed it on .... about modern laptops. (i.e., it’s not clear what)
Maybe you didn’t think for that utility?
For example, WinRar works. I can ask him all cores and all threads. That's an example.
The software is old.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
It will be necessary then to check it again for me.

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

Despite the fact that the game is built on UE4, the optimization here is excellent and they solved the problem with the normal compilation of shaders