3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.06.21 11:42 pm

Moved from PC to console and have no regrets.

I created a lot of letters, I created a theme for myself, so that if something happens to my acquaintances not to explain the same thing a hundred times, but it is stupid to direct them here.

I myself used to like to pour consoles with a shit, they say, progress is slowed down, etc. But as time went on, my PC gradually turned into a pumpkin, and with the current prices for video cards, it is not possible to update something in it. And when the RTX3060Ti could still be bought for 48K rubles, I often thought - is it worth it? One hell of a need to change everything from scratch, not just the video card, because my PC was assembled in 2013. And this is the mother, the processor, the memory ... to buy, install, configure everything. But on the PC I play purely and that's it, I don't do anything else on it.
And the new consoles like Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X attracted my sympathy even before the announcement of series 3XXX video cards. Since the graphics in games even on my not new PC suited me (The Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2 are still pleasing to the eye), what can we say about these new consoles that will be more powerful than my PC? I consider it a sin to complain there.

There was news about "Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition", that this update was released on the new generation of consoles, they say there are new effects, and the overall quality of graphics has improved. And then some started shouting they say one fig console is shit, soap, our PC is everything, the PC is dragging, etc.
And now I understand that if you have an ultra top PC, where there are at least two 3070 and above .... But I played this game, then the Original without any bells and whistles, took place on a PC at one time. Am I a PC boyar? I don’t think so. Rather, a PC is a bum.

I played on my proud PC on medium settings, no anti-aliasing, at 1080p. on an old 19 "monitor without HDR even.
My FPS did not rise above 27 frames throughout the game, and in the desert in some places where a lot of these ghouls climbed, so my FPS generally dropped to 17 frames - and this is at medium parameters, on DX11, at 1080p on a 19-inch monica - but PC boyar!
Cyberpunk is on my minimum salary at 1080p. In general, I arranged a slide show, and the grafon was ala a cheap game for mobile phones.

Now I play Cyberpunk on Xbox Series X, I play on a 60-inch 4K HDR TV - no brakes, no glitches, the graph is gorgeous, it's absolutely another level!
But I'll take this Metro right away, and at least I can play it normally on my console.

Or, for example, take the game Forza Motorsport 7, which I bought on a PC almost on the day of release, I played a good half of this game on a PC - the settings are medium-high, the resolution is 1080p, there is no anti-aliasing, I did not measure FPS, but when there were a lot of cars , then the gameplay seemed to slow down, and in the downpour everything went even slower.
Still the image seemed to be in soap, everything was especially noticeable when you look at the car in the garage, even these stairs were in spite of the soap.
For fun, I launched this Forza on the Xbox Series X (bought from the Windows store, therefore it is available on all platforms), I was fucked up by how this game works smoothly, just like clockwork ... I don't know how to explain, the first impression after mine The PC was that this game was even slightly accelerated, and this is in a downpour with a track fully loaded with cars.
I'm just used to the fact that in a downpour everything slows down, and then there is a downpour, full of cars, high speed, and at least hell - everything just flies.
In terms of the picture, this is also heaven and earth - well, first of all, all the same, 4K TV is 60 inches and not 19 inch monics, plus there are absolutely no stairs, no soap, the image is clear, which can even be taken for a photo when you look at a car with some angles. The textures are clearer, everything is somehow neat, licked, and it goes well.
Now I'm playing Cyberpunk - I just start the game and think only about the game, there are no brakes, no glitches, in general everything works fine.
The graphics are very beautiful, especially in rooms full of electronics and interior items. It’s trite to look at any metal chair attached to the floor on a stand, and there is shabby leather, the metal is slightly peeled off, the bolts ... so beautiful, the detailing is at a height. On my PC, this quality was not even close.

Here's another trick, for example, after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3, I realized that for me personally, the graphics in games have reached their peak of perfection. In these games, I liked the image so much that I thought if all subsequent games will come out only with such graphics, then I will not be nearly upset because of this. And I played these games on a PC at one time, and was pleased with the picture.
And what can we say about the Xbox Series X or Playstation 5, which are many times more powerful than my PC, and which will give an even cooler picture? Personally, I have already found my zen for myself in terms of the image, and it's a sin for me to complain about the schedule and find fault with some trifles.
It's like driving a Lada Vesta for a long time, and then getting into a new Camry - yes, you will understand that there is a car that is even cooler, of better quality, faster and with a wide range of options. But you have driven Vesta all your life, and now you have a Camry, and if you drive purely on a Camry all your life, updating one Camry to a newer one on the day it was released, with the inability to transfer to a car of a higher class, then I have such a prospect almost upset.
So it is with consoles, I am completely satisfied with my Xbox Series X, and I am only happy to sit on the consoles further, changing it to a newer one when this gives way to some kind of Xbox Series Z, for example.
I'm just saying that the moment passed for me when I could still find fault with the picture, and this moment passed after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3 - now in almost all less loud games I don't care about the image, and then it will only get better.
56 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wаlking in dark 18.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Perhaps on this site there are many disagreements with you, but I personally am sincerely happy for you. Congratulations on your purchase.

s
saa0891 18.06.21

I might have switched to the console, especially with today's prices for vidyahi (now in older versions of consoles, at least hardware costs more or less, although again, if you want to get something more powerful, you still have no choice) but I just don't understand how on this braking, prosthetic control you can enjoy the gameplay, but giving away 4-5 pieces for the game also does not smile, I am not even talking about all sorts of subscriptions.

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

Podvipodvertov
The last story looks like outright nonsense. Connect such a PC to a TV, pick up a gamepad and play yourself in rdr 2 on a PC at 60 fps, not 30.
Are you coming up with such stories out of boredom ???

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

saa0891
I sold the firmware in September and in November I switched to a PC with 3070 on board. And here's what I'll say about the controls: yes, you get used to the gamepad pretty quickly. Everything seems fine. BUT, it was worth the m of the gamepad to return to the keyboard mouse, especially in jokes, and, oh my God, what an orgasm it is. The same is about 30 console FPS. Yes, Sony's exos at 30 work very softly and smoothly, but only exos. The rest of the games work so-so and you can clearly see that this is 30 FPS. And so I switched to a PC, a 144 Hertz monitor with g-sync and "ooooouuuk, maaaaayyy".

s
saa0891 18.06.21

Peerless wrote:
yes, you get used to the gamepad pretty quickly.
As if I don't have a gamepad, what do you mean you get used to, how you can get used to crutches, I don't understand, but of course you can walk, but it's all so inconvenient, slow and slow, positioning at the bottom level, I'm not talking about a bunch of hot keys on the keyboard, for me it is simply not acceptable.

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

saa0891
The gamepad on the pitch and the gamepad on the console are slightly different things. Consider also that, as a rule, the console is connected to the TV, and there is also its own input lag. I mean, it's not all rosy, as avid console people write.

P
Podvipodvertov 18.06.21

Peerless
On my PC, for example, RDR 2 ran at 17 - 24 fps maximum, I dreamed of at least 30 fps when I played this game.
I abandoned the odyssey on PC altogether - I liked the game, especially Cassandra, but in cities the FPS dropped to 14 frames. What kind of 60 fps and higher on a PC they say, I can not imagine.
Now I will go through Cyberpunk, I will take Odyssey to the console and go through normally. There are plans to re-run RDR 2 again normally without brakes.
And my friend, though, passed RDR2 on a curling iron, and said that the landscapes are very beautiful. By the way, he had it on 4 Proshke Curling iron better than on my PC - and it happens. I even wanted to ask him to borrow this curling iron so that I could go through RDR2 at home, but it became dumb in front of his wife.

Another example, from another sphere, but there is something - we have very good family friends, a husband and a wife, my wife's brother keeps some local company, enough for life. Sometimes we all get together to drink, talk about life, we often drive to nature.
This dude took a new apartment for himself for 14 million rubles, without mortgages and loans, just in cash. And he drives an old Chevrolet Cruze on mechanics, and the engine is the weakest, he does not drag a car at all. He says he doesn’t care what to drive, he carries it, does not break down, well, okay. Although I could easily have taken the car much better.
So not all people need the very top in everything, well, like there is 120 fps and so on. For me, for example, the main thing is for the game to start, run smoothly, the graphon was not flawed, but as for me, after 2015 it basically ceased to be flawed.
And the keyboard and mouse can be bought separately, even the most deshmagan is suitable there if you know what to take. For example, I play on a gamepad without auto-aiming and other assistants, I'm fine. It is clear that this is not a mouse with a keyboard, but I don’t do esports, so it’s fine.

R
Rolemanser 18.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Tyzh used to write that he is poor as a church mouse ... Has he found a treasure or a new job?

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

Podvipodvertov
I, for example, ran RDR 2 on my PC at 17-24.
Wait, how does the lack of money for PC norms indicate that the console is better?

b
barabear 18.06.21

One friend of mine also switched to pine trees, but as it turned out later, he also became rear-wheel drive after that

R
Rolemanser 18.06.21

barabear You have a
strange friend, usually first they switch to non-alcoholic beer, then to rubber women, and only then to the console.

W
Wаlking in dark 18.06.21

Peerless
In his text, I personally did not seem to notice where he writes that the console is better than a PC. If you made a mistake, quote.

W
Wаlking in dark 18.06.21

Peerless
Perhaps, but how much does it cost to build a good PC now? It would be fine to do with one vidyuhoy, but if it has not been updated for years.

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Peerless wrote:
The gamepad on the pitch and the gamepad on the console are slightly different things. Consider also that, as a rule, the console is connected to the TV, and there is also its own input lag. I mean, it's not all rosy, as avid console people write.
The gamepad is the same, at least the boxed one should be connected to the PC, even to the box, there is no difference in games.

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

barabear wrote:
I have an acquaintance who also switched to pine trees, but as it turned out later, he also became rear-wheel drive after
that.Do not go to him in the year of var and mortal battalion to play, otherwise you will not notice how you yourself will become)

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

Protocol10
Lol. The gamepad is of course the same. It's the same thing. The controls are different only on different platforms.

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Peerless
Controls are the same across platforms too

S
Spiny 18.06.21

I'm here for a PC, although I also have PS 5. I have a PC with an RTX 2080Ti and PS 5, but I'm drowning for a PC. It's more convenient for me and in fact the consoles slow down development. I can give an example in VR games. Yes, I also have a VR helmet (HTC Vive Pro). Let's take games for example Skyrim or Folich 4. The non-VR version has the same hardware requirements, while the VR version has higher requirements. Why am I doing this? And when they just made the VR helmet and the first games for them, they called it the future, but the years go by, and VR does not develop much. VR games consume even more resources, which means you need to do something more compact to run on consoles. Consoles are not PCs, but games are primarily made for consoles. Going to consoles means going to PC. But how can you make a VR game with an open world and with a bunch of interactions with this world if games are primarily made for consoles, and VR games are already eating more resources? Yes, with a PC in this regard, too, will come out so-so. After all, you can release a simple game purely for PC, but the owners of the RTX 3090 will play it, in 720p, if not in 360 :) But still, the power remains with the PC.

U
Unmatched 18.06.21

Protocol10
What are you doing? Does the different response and processing times bother you? And the fact that the response time on TV can be 15-20 times longer than on the monitor? What about different control sensitivity depending on the platform?

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Spiny

This delusion you just have that since a PC is more powerful than a console, it means that consoles slow down the industry. If you think about it - far from it.

1) We look at the statistics of steam and see that the main% of people are sitting on budget hardware, and even 3-4 years ago, not much more powerful than the console, and maybe even weaker
2) When the power of iron is limited, this is more a plus than a minus, since the developers are trying to do it with high quality in limited conditions, and this requires brains and hands. Throwing a grafon so that even the tops burn is not difficult nowadays
3) VR has higher requirements because the glasses and the screen resolution are higher. And it does not develop because there are still no mass VR helmets at an adequate price tag.

As for me, nothing slows down the industry at all, because in 20-30 years we have seen a huge leap in grafon. The competition is huge, due to competition, many developers are trying to deliver the most technological and visually attractive games all the time.