3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BAD WOLF 384 02.11.19 03:31 am

Discussion of the ending (SOMA)

Passed the game the ending left a double impression, both good and bad. In General, the game has an alternative ending ( if Yes then how to get it ) and generally the decisions made affect something or not ?
52 Comments
Sort by:
c
caliskan 02.11.19

VаLK
With this NIU very little that is clear. Katherine said that artificial intelligence made from scan of Simon. They had a test. Revived Simon NIU or Ross. This Ross was killed during the evacuation and NRU why is this crazy and then revived Ross. But Ross understood that NIU is evil, and helped Simon to kill him . Something like this. Maybe I got it wrong, but I understand that part of the story.

V
Valeryn47 02.11.19

Catherine was definitely not a good programmer, because she used the function of copy () and not cut(). :D

-
-Raixs- 02.11.19

Valeryn47
Heh, true. That it hurt to delete old Simon?))) Although, then the game wouldn't be so tragic.

K
Kanych 02.11.19

GG Simon came from 2015, the year the Apocalypse happened in 2013, that is, the asteroid has fallen, when Simon was alive, a real person. Question: Where is he from a parallel world or what? After all, he had to catch falling...

s
stdeal 02.11.19

Canic forever
I realized that in 2113

m
maksfighter 02.11.19

And who was that dude an invisibility who had asked for poison? And too bad they didn't show why Niu started to behave. And still here wrote about moral choices, and so left alive these robots and a woman or killed all the same stick on two ends and there is no right choice and sorry for killing and will not kill will be tormented

m
maksfighter 02.11.19

And if you listen to poison Niu che is so invisible. I just did not poison him, I thought something's not right here but in the end, Niu just killed. But if not poison, what'll become of him

7 look 02.11.19

maksfighter
Nothing. Poison - invisible Ross says that he also can not leave alive and starts running, not poison (escape) - Ross says that will still make you do it again and teleports to NIU. Again, you can poison or run away. If running again - should be the same running. No fork no.

C
CRASHBULLET 02.11.19

Very strong ending, the moments where killing yourself, just do it is very difficult to make.

m
maksimfighter 02.11.19

7 look
but if he's going to poison what will happen with Roth be the AI kill him?

7 look 02.11.19

maksimfighter
Yeah, Ross killed anyway.

T
TenaX3000 02.11.19

How difficult was it to decide to off myself, but I still did it(. But then I kind of destroyed NIU, and maybe this whole nightmare with monsters and other shit would cease. Then, it turns out on the Patos II would remain two copies of Simon and Catherine. Not so sad, you see, and for cat would find the body. Well, six hands, amendment five), one would have something serious to stir.
Moreover, I don't believe that no one on Earth survived. Other underwater stations as well? If our station is called Patos II, it is likely somewhere there is/was Patos I, but I mention it have not seen. And nuclear submarines? They have the same autonomy hoo. And underground shelters in case of nuclear war? They are the same in many countries. Another issue is that communication with them could be very problematic.
-Raixs-
I understand it is the old Simon is not immediately turned off, because I wasn't sure that the new starts, so he kept it in reserve as a plan B.
Sordat
I think it's not a tragedy, but the fact that his personality has undergone an enormous amount of stress from which it was easy and the rails to move out. Because he failed, as began to realize the fruits of his labor, hardship and pain will reap the other. Let him copy, but not him specifically.
Generally for me there are only two open questions:
who revived Katherine?
And like Ross has been associated with NIU, why did it try to revive him?
Well, the murder of NIU once oiled:
- I was on the alpha, killed NIU
what? how? why?!
- had
- well, OK, come on.
And that's it?! And all?? Seriously??
p.s. And will give you the words of a guy who we've been scanning at the beginning. He's told they say we shoo, and digitize your consciousness and will be placed in different situations to see how it reacts and to develop a treatment. I initially thought that I just are in this simulation.
By the way, my game is once again forced to think about whether our world is just a simulation running on an advanced computer that is hurtling through the universe, or gathering dust on the Desk of some creature type in Sims plays...

a
artemsberg 02.11.19

I've not understood if the satellite is launched into orbit it is constantly on the orbit display otherwise it will crash to the Ground, so who it will output

T
TenaX3000 02.11.19

arensberg
Well, Catherine told me that when you get to the Ark, the first thing you will deploy solar panels and will bring it into orbit. The campaign will be able to manage it from the inside.

S
Snip 02.11.19

The ending of the game certainly an interesting point, I go get 3 copies of Simon well and hope 2 Catherine, the one on the ark is clear, but what happened near the launcher is not clear, maybe she even withdrew themselves from the system? Type as did many inhabitants of the stations after scanning? It is a pity that the small choices that we did on the game on what in the end is not affected...eh..

TenaX3000
destroyed NIU well and why it was trying to revive him?
Thoughts: it seems to me that the shutdown of the NRU is not a particularly would help with the monsters on the station :/
Let me explain: the gel and let's just say the tentacles were visible at all stations of the same access point, with which we were treated, and remember that they were connected to many ummm kind of living inhabitants who could still speak, and never quite could, and was more like a corpse)) and those who passed out after becoming monsters. NIU, in principle, tried to save the life of all the inhabitants of the stations, because the signified and tried, and even in some way revived Rosa and he was out of control, which in principle could happen with other lively. In General, I think NIU did not descend from mind, and followed his program, just through the gel, we were received as if in one body, two consciousness, one of the NIU second in the media, and it gave that monstropedia. Or again, the task of the higher school of Economics to save any way, it had used all available means and ways, until the change or transformation into monsters))

Moreover, I don't believe that no one on Earth survived.
within the game it doesn't matter, because without communication in the bunkers, or other stations or submarines, the situation can and will be better(won't be any AI) but they will be there too a bunch of their problems and issues with survival =)

if anyone saved a life, Catherine?
she can? She scanned it, could the owl consciousness to push a robot about the stock...given that really on the game when relocations have not uninstalled the previous version and just cloned))

I initially thought that I just are in this simulation.
In the same thought. After all, according to Dr. we were in the simulations yourself to fix your brain, that thought will run and restore aka to treat the brain, and the monsters at first thought it was the same here damaged areas...and so on until the final little hope remained that this is all a dream and only brain game Simon, but no))

arensberg, TenaX3000, but perhaps the ark was not supposed to fly into outer space in search of other advanced civilizations, with the chance that once again they will be able to possess the bodies?

t
theMrSpy 02.11.19

Just passed the game today and I'm impressed, liked the ending, although it was very ambiguous, but after reading your comments, many things fell into place, one thing I do not fully understand, NIU is a computer, but he was um, organic? If I understand correctly, all those tentacles and the blue glow, it looks like organic. I have a suggestion with a structural gel, but in this case he would have the same right to live in this gel that would continue to grow and grow, especially when you consider that he was originally a size not more than the ball for table tennis. Yes, and the structural gel, where it came from? If the comet, to get it would be very problematic, given that all life on the planet extinct, and if humans had designed it, they knew about the consequences of its use, but for some reason used, and in no small quantities. It is not clear somehow.

T
TenaX3000 02.11.19

SNiP
Thanks, interesting to know the opinion about the game from a slightly different angle. I guess you're right about the NIU, where it is so I expected.
theMrSpy
As I understand it, structural gel is such a silicon-organic nano-composite which is in the future used in practically any mechanisms from AI to maintain of functioning. He is capable of self-organization and, possibly, reproduction. I like the game soup like this with nanobots, which in itself represents nothing. According to the records, for people in the future, structural gel was quite ordinary, well, as for us, a bottle of oil in the garage. But after the fall of the comet, gel running NIU began to behave unpredictably.

S
Snip 02.11.19

By the way, some of course not about the ending, but thinking out loud. If the gel is truly used everywhere, that means on the surface could be the equivalent of the higher school of Economics with a similar task, and hence we find on the surface as easily can wander thousands and thousands monsters...kind of new inhabitants of planet Earth. In principle, it can also be used in the sequel or a separate game series, the same bunkers or other fortified places can be easily used in horror =)

A
Antivirus2k 02.11.19

Unfortunately, the beginning of the game (wow, I'm in the future why?) much more promising than the ending. We can say that from the moment when you realize you're just a copy of Simon and the robot, then the game becomes too predictable. It is felt that on the steep ending of the authors is not enough. Sad music and the universe at the end of the tear does not emboss. You just close the game and understand that it had to end...

D
Devyanosto Devyatiy 02.11.19

And I felt so scan our brain how it will behave in different situations, how to respond and in the end, we return to the room that was in the beginning (2015-2014 period last year)