3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
ilyush 28.06.21 12:38 pm

Will the game be as popular as L4D, or is it the fate of Evolve? (Back 4 Blood)

I'm waiting for the game, but it's not completely clear whether the game will be high online, how long it will be supported and whether it will surpass Left 4 Dead. Share your opinions and expectations of the game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
R
RestlessDreams91 28.06.21

L4D has lived and lives off a hardworking community: campaigns, weapons, modes, fixes.
Here I see a cash grab development plan - a 2k price tag for the base game and 3k for the ultimate edition, which includes all the content vital for the game: new characters, campaigns, weapons, skins for weapons and for characters, skills. From what I saw, the game does not inspire optimism if the developers do not correct the animation and gunplay.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Too expensive for a game of such caliber that it would become popular (version with all GAME content - 2800r). In the west, almost 90 dollars / euro. And this despite the fact that the game is released at about the same time as all sorts of Ding Lights 2 and Battlefields 2042.
Support for modifications is not planned. And given that this is WB, they would rather drown the game than let the community do free mods.
IMHO, these 2 facts will force the game to repeat the fate of Evolve rather than the L4D series.
It is necessary to lower the price tag and allow mods if they want the game to live and have a big online.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

I decided to play beta. Feelings are contradictory. The visual is pleasant, although there are not enough stars.
I didn’t like aiming, or rather, how slow it was. With a delay, the character starts aiming at the front sight / sight and with an even greater delay exits the aiming mode. I also did not like the zombies, and specifically the fact that they begin to inflict damage on you from an inadequately long distance and at the same time often even without the animation of the blow looks hacky.
The feeling of the weapon seems to be cool. All this recoil, wide spread, body kits. But if you think so, is it necessary at all in this game, as well as the slowed down aiming mode in the manner of Varzona. Ditto with the cards, most of the bonuses are generally ridiculous. The feeling that it was screwed on at the last moment, in order to somehow differ from L4D. The sound of the weapon is generally inexpressive, almost all weapons sound like a rattle, not saturated.

The mechanics of shooting, aiming, melee combat, behavior and animation of zombies - I got the feeling that in all these parameters the game loses to the old L4D2. At least there I enjoyed it all, but here after an hour of playing I felt some kind of discomfort.
Well, the network code is too small, often allies and zombies teleport in front of the face.
In short, xs, there is not much desire to take this game for the presented price tag. And to her acquaintances, she, too, is not something that would have gone to someone who asked, it seems that the hat is not straight, but it seems that something is not right. And to buy for full price, to run with random / bots - such a thing. I played 2 skating rinks with random, in both 2 types they simply rushed non-stop levels, running them in a couple of minutes, without even giving them a good look.
In short, I'll wait for a big discount and, if the game is still alive, I'll think about buying it.

ps The game crashed 2 times in ~ an hour and a half, once when a barrel was blown up, the second when loading the next level. And so in general, the optimization of norms, lags and FPS drops was not noticed.

l
legusor 20.08.21

flies on hype until the end of the year and will be forgotten.

C
Clipodel 28.10.21

In general, I was bombarded when I found out that there was no normal versus. Well, why then is it necessary? This game will only be saved by fritupley in the future, and even then not for long. Hopefully they'll add a normal battle mode without cards. And it will be called Back 4 blood stage 2. Well, or to its landfill, go to the evolv and wwz.