3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
snowball 20.07.21 01:42 am

What's missing in modern games?

Although I'm not that many years old, I played a lot of old games, and I feel that the games were better before ... I don't know what to do ... Damn: stupid: Express your opinion.
124 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rabbit 20.07.21

Duc zazhralis, my friend .. Try to make a break in two or three years .. I had such a thing .. I will say right away, it helps .. VERY effective .. Wait, you just can't pull away from toys .. ^ __ ^

W
Warge 20.07.21

RPG and RPS. Non-linearity.
In FPS - interior destructibility.
Fantasy ...

T
Tropic 20.07.21

Previously, they made games from the heart, but now for a wallet. Although not all, but most.

s
snowball 20.07.21

Have you noticed that heroes3 or Tetris or Doom are the first to be sold and will always be on sale. And development companies no longer make multi-year games. Now it is not profitable = ((

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Rabbit"] Try to make a break in two or three years .. [/ quote]
I agree, it helped me too :)

W
Warge 20.07.21

[quote name = "snowball"] Have you noticed that heroes3 or Tetris or Doom are the first to be sold and will always be on sale. [/ quote]
Yes? Have you seen Doom 1 on sale for a long time? Or HoMM3? Is that at a flea market.

s
snowball 20.07.21

[quote name = "Warge"] [quote name = "snowball"] Have you noticed that heroes3 or Tetris or Doom are the first to be sold and will always be on sale. [/ quote]
Yes? Have you seen Doom 1 on sale for a long time? Or HoMM3? Is that at a flea market. [/ Quote]
Do not say the first doom in millions of options is on the network, and it is still relevant. Look in the "game database". And about the third heroes is not necessary, they are easier to buy than the fourth.

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

the truth for snowball - now the games are really missing something ... or maybe we are already accustomed to something "good old" and look askance at the new ...... nevertheless ..... Heroes 4 ... the game is like a game, but it will never become as popular as 3 ... ... this is evidenced by at least the fact that there are several times more cards for 3 than for 4 + for 3- x, such a wonderful addon as FOG was made. I haven't seen anything like it in 4. RPN too .... the new ones have something like pop and lifelessness .... everything is static, the rest is makeup ..... only TES is something else ... it was very sad to watch such a sunset games like M&M, Wizardy ...... D&D .... NWN is already something wrong .... NWN doesn't feel the RPG style that D&D used to have.
Esheny too ... Halfa is short, and not so exciting as the 1st part, but at least it was interesting, it felt something that was in the 1st, albeit in smaller numbers ... and here dum3 .... hmm ... for me it was a shot in the back .... it doesn't smell like dummy there .... of course I went through the game 2 times: on average and on a nightmare .... but it's more for the sake of ticks. Ku4 does not even want to buy. Friends say that yes, there is something similar to Ku2, but this is only on the schedule, in the atmosphere - nothing ....
Only MMORPGs are encouraging - the line has retained its charm, but has become just an unreal beauty. WoW, I would have played - the possibilities are great, but the graphics style ... "Pokemon were here."
Dream: Ultimka repeats the path of the Ruler - who has become beautiful but has not lost her charm ..... or a fall MMORPG .....
dreams .....

t
the end 20.07.21

Modern games of the mind also lack graphs. :)

W
Warge 20.07.21

Example: Pool of Radiance: Ruins of ... Made in the spirit of old games, with the same atmosphere. So what? For some reason, the project was called "failed".

PS To HoMM4 too soon MOD should be released. [url] http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/rus/news.html [/ url]
So this is not an argument.

t
the end 20.07.21

The games also lack the atmosphere, that's for sure, only in some it is present.

* Olessia * 20.07.21

Or are we all just grumbling about? Imagine, 10 years will pass and we will say: "there used to be games ... yes ...." The same Heroes 4 will be fondly remembered compared to Heroes 7, for example ... :) By the way, I recently installed it again Heroes 4 and I play with more pleasure than when they came out))
So "before the games were better" relatively.
In general, yes, the situation now does not inspire optimism. Game making has turned into a well-functioning industry, creativity has been replaced by marketing, and then I think it will be worse.

K
Kroha back 20.07.21

Call me for mistakes, I wrote hastily ...

I'll tell you purely my IMHO, what is lacking in the current games !!!!

this is GAME CAPTURE, COMPLETELY FREE TIME OF THE ONE WHO PLAYS IT, and in detail:

-the plot: now there are a lot of mediocre games, and I wonder HOW there are a lot of them, it’s just a fucking thing, but the most amazing game is now “riveting” for the sake of money, and what else can you call it? - if "add-ons" to "Max Pain" "Doom" "War Craft" "Newerwinter Nights" come out, but all of them are not exciting sequels, but talentless short (if not just mods) a couple of new levels and changes (on the box with Max Payne - 19 NEW LEVELS - and there are 3 levels I do not consider a peaceful area), AND WHAT IS IT CALLED ??

just rivet ABY SHO for the sake of money, not for the sake of users, the whole "emphasis" goes to thoughtless shooters, linear "RPGs with many options for krntsovka", and mediocre horror films for preschool children ....

NOT THAT EARLIER:

Silent Hill 1
Alone in the Dark 4
Dino Crisi 1 (2)
Resident Evil 1-3 (4 PS ver)

these are games !!! with a plot, with "living heroes", I still imagine what I would say when I met James (storm of emotions) ....

in these games there is something that captures, fascinates, or rather, these games can scare - their PS graphics, and not this ATSKY Dum'ishka

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

hmm ... Alone in the dark 4, IMHO not even horror ..... 1-3 parts were clearly better :)

[quote] Example: Pool of Radiance: Ruins of ... Made in the spirit of old games, with that the same atmosphere. So what? For some reason, the project was called "failed".

PS To HoMM4 too soon MOD should be released. [url = http: //equilibris.celestialheavens.com/eng/news.html] http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/eng/news.html [/ url]
So this is not an argument. [/ quote]

Pool made in the spirit of old games? ..... well, I don’t know .... personally, it didn’t seem like that to me ..... I didn’t even play it - I took it from a friend and looked it up and deleted it .....

ZY
and this is the MOD: rotfl: it's just a bunch of campaigns and a balance change! Do you even know WHAT is FOG? : wink:

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Kroha back"]

NOT THAT EARLIER:

Silent Hill 1
Alone in the Dark 4
Dino Crisi 1 (2)
Resident Evil 1-3 (4 PS ver)

these are games !!! with the plot, with "living heroes", I still imagine what I would say when I met James (a storm of emotions) ....
[/ quote]

I will personally say my opinion to these games, for example:
SH2 is better than SH1 in the opinion of the majority, you can take a look at the poll ...
Alone in the Dark 4 is an interesting game, I admit it, but for example, the same Cold Fear is a good replacement.
Dino Crisi 1 (2) is a RE with dinosaurs, the first one still remember nothing, and the second part is generally some kind of smart shooter, as far as I remember ...
And Resident Evil is a darkness of similar games now, choose any as they say ...

It seems to me that now they have become more exciting on the contrary. For example, I now go through 90 percent of the games to the end, and for 5-7 years I played a couple of levels - and that's it, I'm sick of it ...

S
SOmni 20.07.21

Many years ago I came from ELITE and thought it was the highest thing. Now I cannot find a space simulator that would be as interesting to me. That's just Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos I liked ... still the translation was normal.
What is this? Nostalgia or now they don't make normal simulators? I do not even know.

s
snowball 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"]
Alone in the Dark 4 is an interesting game, I admit it, but for example, the same Cold Fear is a good replacement.
Dino Crisi 1 (2) - this is RE with dinosaurs, the first one still remember nothing, and the second part is generally some kind of smart shooter as far as I remember ... [/ quote]
Honestly, I did not play Alone in the Dark 4, but I have Cold Fear, and I can confidently say that she is able to replace only the same Dino Crisis 2, only more atmospheric. Although there, too, after 10 minutes, with the usual movement, you shoot all the heads, and you do not bathe (and in Dino Crisis 2 you dodge and shoot, but it somehow survives anyway). And the first Dino crisis is better than all the Residents (though I didn't play the 4th).

[size = 75] Added on 10 Nov 2005, 13:14: [/ size]

And I remembered one more interesting thing: except for dum1, in no other game in my entire life did I have such a thing that I dodged enemies with my whole body, because there was a feeling that I would really get: box:. Even in the third one, this was not. Oh how.

d
droppods 20.07.21

I can't remember such immersion as in Tomb Raider 1 and Resident Evil 1. I bought them together with PS1. He sat day and night, his eyes ached and watery, but he could not get distracted. He flew from work and, having stuffed food in himself, sat down again for the passage. A little later, this happened with MGS1.
I appreciate many games, I plunged into many deeply and for a long time. But lately I have been feeling that something is not right. A hobby that was a big part of my free time is not as exciting as it used to be. It is unpleasant. The graph is improving, the opportunities are growing.
Why then? Maybe some ingredients are not included in the games? Or played enough?

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "droppods"]
Why then? Maybe some ingredients are not added to games? Or have you played enough? [/ Quote] The
age is not the same ... You are old, my friend ..

R
Renar 20.07.21

It's not about age. I missed RE1-3 and MGS1 at one time, and recently just for fun bought an xbox and ps2 - and then I was covered. A good game is a good game, just like a good movie or book. This is a way to relax and have fun. Any age.
But what they have is called the word "talent". There are masters, and there are Masters, and their products, even of excellent quality, are still different.