3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NiGHTS 24.07.21 04:58 am

Great Shooters of 2004

I always wanted to know
2004 was a genius for shooters and this will never happen again, the pc-mouse has died and we will not have to wait for the technical breakthroughs that we were given by the overclocking habits of the winners.

Please Speak Out!

Modified on September 28, 2015 by NiGHTS
120 Comments
Sort by:
S
Semicuda 24.07.21

And I really liked Doom. There was something about him ... special

A
ACE 24.07.21

1. Halo 2 ~ Metroid Prime 2 ~ Half-Life 2

2. Chronicles of Riddick

3. Painkiller

didn't like the rest

m
megavolt 24.07.21

FARCRY passed several times without codes and cheats on a hard-for 2004 masterpiece !!!!!!!!!!! : shock:

j
jack_b 24.07.21

Riddick and Painkiller.
HL2 disappointed. In the videos, the whole game could be seen. Only in the game itself there are a lot of dull transport races and other crap, in general, the game is on 6.5 .. Doom 3 is also boring. Far Cry is good, but not on the level mentioned above.
He played Halo 2 only in 2005-2006. But also nothing special.

S
Sultan 24.07.21

Half-Life 2 anyway. eight)

d
domeikame 24.07.21

I liked Half-Life 2 the most, completed 5 times already))

G
Gavnishko 24.07.21

How did Halo 2 end up on this list? Don't be ridiculous, but this is clearly not the top in the rank of the best shooters of 2004 (especially the console one, with a primitive design, poor graphics and not entirely successful controls). We completely forgot about Painkiller. In fact, the main game of that significant year was Half-Life 2 - to this day it is the best shooter in the history of gaming and it is completely foolish to deny it. In second place, I would put Far Cry - as it made a revolution, a revolution in the genre and in certain areas (graphics, physics, AI). And the third place goes to Painkiller - because as it turned out - shooters with greetings from the 90s are still in high esteem, and Cool Sam sat on his throne too. The four went to Duma 3 - he earned a place in the top, they were waiting for him, they prayed for him and hoped for him, and he, in principle, did not disappoint those who were waiting (I waited, for example).

G
Guest 24.07.21

[b] Gavnishko [/ b],
And what, that Halo 2 console?
Halo 2 is a really awesome shooter, I questioned it the day before yesterday.
The gorgeous gameplay and storyline are still gorgeous.
And divine music from Martin o Donnell.
The graphics at the time of release were beautiful, especially for consoles.
And the design in Halo 2 is pretty decent, certainly not terrible.
And about the management in general lol.
If you do not agree with me, there are about 10 million who bought it.
And a lot of people still play Halo 2.
And Halo 2 scores very high - [url = http: //www.gamerankings.com/xbox/562116-halo-2/index.html] http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox/562116 ... index .html [/ url]
[quote] Far Cry - since he made a revolution, a revolution in the genre and in certain directions (graphics, physics, AI). [/ quote]
What nafig revolution in the genre? The graphics were very quickly surpassed by the forces of Doom 3 and HL2. at the time of its release, on the contrary, everyone spoke of Far Krai as a wonderful clone of old ideas. what physics? what a revolutionary ai ...

N
Neversmile 24.07.21

Read 8)
Your message must have 10 characters at least.
Your message is too short.

C
Clutch 24.07.21

Half-Life 2, in my opinion it's even stupid to argue here, I remember how I drove another MX440; D

G
Gavnishko 24.07.21

[quote name = "killidi"] [b] Gavnishko [/ b],
And what, Halo 2 is console?
Halo 2 is a really awesome shooter, I questioned it the day before yesterday.
The gorgeous gameplay and storyline are still gorgeous.
And divine music from Martin o Donnell.
The graphics at the time of release were beautiful, especially for consoles.
And the design in Halo 2 is quite decent, certainly not terrible.
And about management in general lol.
If you do not agree with me, there are about 10 million who bought it.
And a lot of people still play Halo 2.
And Halo 2 scores very high - [url = http: //www.gamerankings.com/xbox/562116-halo-2/index.html] http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox/562116 ... index .html [/ url]
[quote] Far Cry - since he made a revolution, a revolution in the genre and in certain directions (graphics, physics, AI). [/ quote]
What nafig revolution in the genre? The graphics were very quickly surpassed by the forces of Doom 3 and HL2. at the time of its release, on the contrary, everyone spoke of Far Krai as a wonderful clone of old ideas. what physics? what a revolutionary AI ... [/ quote]

1. I did not focus on the fact that Halo 2 is a console action game.
2. Gorgeous gameplay in dull decorations, as in the first part made using the copy-paste method.
3. I didn’t like the controls - I’m not used to aiming with sticks (I played Box).
4. 10 million bought what? GTA4 and MW2 bought 15 million, but this does not change the fact that the games came out badly (especially the code). PR works wonders and Halo 2 sales are yet another proof of the victory of marketing over common sense.
5. Far Cry was truly revolutionary. Doom 3 and Halva 2 did not surpass him only because FC was the first (stupidly released earlier). When everyone got drunk on projects created on the dull and outdated Unreal Engine and Quake III Engine, a beautiful and technologically advanced game came out that at once made everyone according to graphics, physics (yes, even before HL2, realistic physics (not scripts) appeared in FC) , but about artificial intelligence - bots there to this day are one of the smartest in shooters (almost at the level of clones from the first FIR).

N
Neversmile 24.07.21

[b] Gavnishko [/ b], gta and the code came out quite successful

a
alxp90 24.07.21

[b] Neversmile [/ b], you rummage brother.

G
Gavnishko 24.07.21

[quote name = "Neversmile"] [b] Gavnishko [/ b], GTA and the code came out quite successful [/ quote]

But I don't think so. GTA4 could offer much more than an interesting storyline - the gameplay completely drains San Andreas (I'm talking about variety), plus the achievements spoiled the experience. About the Code - this is already IMHO - the game turned out to be a complete drain, especially in the single - I was expecting the same overwhelming campaign as in the first part with tons of WOW moments, but I got a dull shooting gallery, and even with self-copying. Look at Metacritics chtoli and look at the scores of userskor - they are the best proof of my correctness, tk. assessed by the same players as you and me.

E
Elzerd 24.07.21

Riddick.
In general, Vampires came out in 2004, the best game since that time IMHO.

A
Azzy 24.07.21

Doom III is one of my favorite games, because it's not just a shooter, but with a good survival component, and the idea of ​​a flashlight is, in my opinion, a genius!

U
Ultra_DL10 24.07.21

Half-life 2

x
xds 24.07.21

Doom 3: maniac:

A
Anakin 24.07.21

Half Life 2! Regarding Far Edge, the rules are at the 3rd level without cheats.

o
opposer 24.07.21

I'm sad to see how half-life 2 for a schoolboy bypasses Doom3 here