3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JasonWU 24.07.21 04:59 am

Immersive Sim: truth or fiction?

Hello! Weekday evening, hammock studio, burning question. Immersive sim, what are you ??? : cat-168:Some say it is the most elite gaming genre. Others argue that this is just a marketing invention. Still others think that this is a certain approach to game design. We only know that the whole truth about immersive sims will become clear only in this topic.: cat-201: 

Sensational discussion! Right now in front of your eyes! .. : cat-202:

89 Comments
Sort by:
t
themoderat 24.07.21

right now they'll pump me out of my trunk and I'll tell you

t
themoderat 24.07.21

immersive - great games. ulta, bioshock, systems shock, masquerade, deus, prey, thief

the genre found financial success due to its exactingness towards neophytes. immersives fundamentally affect the brain and fantasy. without the ability to plunge into the world of the game, write was gone. scientific example - prey.

Maxarad was the evolution of the immers, and the game was completed in a hurry, in potential it could turn out to be a generational game. each clan has its own UNIQUE gameplay. in this regard, the masquerade in 2017 is still fed up with the replayability of triple trinkets

in general, the value of immersim lies in the willingness to forgive even the most bastard mistakes in order to immerse yourself in the world of the game. for the final monologue of shodan, for the level with the castle of a wizard from a thief, for the showdown with the Russian mafia in a masquerade. 

video attached

Modified on September 21, 2017 by themoderat

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

I believe that this is more an approach to game design than a genre (I accidentally chose the wrong option), which implies the player's complete immersion in the game process, and if in a drug-addicted language, he moves into it and lives there, and this makes the game experience unforgettable ( or shit, if developed by crooked hands), for example, there is such a wonderful toy called Half-Life, it seems to be a first-person jester, but the element of presence in it is made at a very high level.

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

Vlad31 re-vote

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

In short, Immersive Sim is a good theme.

JasonWU I would place the marketing approach and the game design approach separately, because they are essentially very different.

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

Vlad31 here the main question is whether it is genre or not. And if not, then your options are in the comments.

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

JasonWU Sounds extremely offensive anyway, apologize: troll_face_8:

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

Vlad31 say thank you for not merging. Goodbye! Next.

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

JasonWU I'll call the nagibator: 57a8bd5db44f9_FROG16:

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

You can call Vlad31, but he hasn’t come yet. No one will hear your cry. : icon_wink:

immersive sim is definitely an entertaining phenomenon that should claim to be a separate genre. Games in the genre are the diamonds of the gaming industry. Lalki merged, I'm finished.

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

JasonWU Are you the gibber we deserve?: 57a8bd5c01dd0_FROG9:

Also, tried to play System Shock 2, and even did not master it: 57a8bd5ab4d94_FROG4:

M
Matthazard pururin 24.07.21

fictional genre for hodgepodge games

Z
Zertylon 24.07.21

in the world of the victorious dormouse there are dreamers who ask this question to this day

A
ACE 24.07.21

and where is the option for this bulshit, reanimated by marketers in an attempt to sell failed games and supported by strong and independent owners of pink iPhones? 

behind this are RPG games, stealth action, shooter, horror, etc.  : troll_face_3:

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

ACE waiting for my pink iPhone from you. You will answer for the bazaar : troll_face_63:

A
ACE 24.07.21

JasonWU pink iPhone is not a phone color, but a state of mind : troll_face_26:

S
Sofia 24.07.21

The concept is really strange. It's not even a genre, but a rather narrow set of games, it turns out. Such first-person jokes with erpoge elements and open cobweb levels, with a bunch of forks. Anyway, that's how I see it. 

Deus, Shocky, Prey, Masquerade. The main (and maybe the only) representatives. Maybe some Dishonored at a stretch.

If you really include the bore and get to the bottom of the meaning of the phrase "immersive sim", then here any addictive game can be substituted. Rather, any game with RPG elements. Souls, zeldy, tes, etc. Vaughn, glanced at the article on the wiki and the same Lineage is mentioned there, lol.

If we continue the theme of the boring look at immersive sims and the DIVE theme, then we can remember at least the notorious Destiny. Or any mmo. In the same Vov I lived. Really lived. In short, someone and Dota immersive sim. A question of perception, imagination and the degree of autism of an individual taken gamer. Being small, I generally imagined that I was playing a killer job in San Andreas. Yes, and in RDR, for sure, people "lived" for months.

UPD: Bah, that I remembered. Does Dark Messiah also turn out to be an immersive sim? Okay, okay, the levels are purely linear, so go by. But the beloved Dishonored grew out of him.

A
ACE 24.07.21

Annasophia recently one lalka told me that folout 3 - 4 is also immersive sons : troll_face_3: 

all my life we ​​were a joker with pumping, and now immersive has become a son

like the rest of the stealth action games, RPGs, etc. from the list of imersim sons of the owners of pink iPhones : troll_face_3:

S
Sofia 24.07.21

ACE maybe I'm a silly newfag and I'm wrong, but it seems that the concept surfaced in game journalism quite recently, on the wave of hype about Deus and Prey. Like another trend that has been replicated everywhere. How ubiquitous and vibrant of all comparisons of everything and everyone with the Souls.

A
ACE 24.07.21

Annasophia is an old concept, but no one has used it for a hundred years.

marketers implemented it this year when it turned out that it was useless and failed in pre-orders. it was necessary to urgently come up with something, so they launched an advertising company in which they told the lalka that this was actually the successor of the legendary ultima underworld and that it was like a mikhalych,  : troll_face_3:so we SHOULD TAKE

it did not help ((((but they spread the lalok, which SUDDENLY started this immersive son everywhere to write and mention how smart and knowledgeable gamers like a plug in each barrel))))