3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beloved and respected by 28.07.21 10:38 pm

Reviews about 3D in games

In general, the essence of the topic is that there are few 3D monitors or TVs, I think many who do not have them would like to know from the owners how cool this or that game is transformed in 3D mode.
I will start first
Live felt Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm Apocalypse is on ps3
And Burnout Paradise with Hot Pews on pc
On ps3 3d, something is not right, it’s like a dog’s fifth leg.
But on the PC, a very good picture is felt.
By the way, has anyone played Crisis on PS3 or PC or on both for better comparison.
Describe your feelings
51 Comments
Sort by:
S
SENEL 28.07.21

I didn’t play myself, but I read the reviews and one guy praised 3d in halo and like in batman.

s
soliddante 28.07.21

how is 3d in anche3?

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 26 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
and aiko collection

G
Grieverr 28.07.21

This is how 3d loses its popularity in cinema as it did in previous times in history. The game industry sees this naturally, so we did not hear the term "3d" at the e3 conferences at MC and Sonya.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Grieverr' timestamp = '1341498207' post = '2745743'] This is how 3d loses its popularity in cinema [/ quote] The

list of premieres of film search suggests otherwise.

G
Grieverr 28.07.21

[b] [member = Valtron] [/ b], but the ratings speak about it. [url = "http://www.gazeta.ru/business/2011/07/11/3691677.shtml"] Here is [/ url] article for example. Previously, the same thing happened, the technology appeared and at first surprised, and then it was sent for revision, and so on several times.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

[b] [member = Grieverr] [/ b], well, well, a hundred-year-old article that everyone read, and everyone gave up on it. Gathering and filming a movie or playing 3D are two different things. Of course, 3D no longer surprises anyone, but they will not shoot less in it, since without it they will receive even less money. (unless you are of course nolan in the director's chair).
And three te on consoles do not advertise, because on the carrent gene it is shit. And on a PC, every game in a masterpiece full HD 3D .. The same will be on the next gene consoles.

G
Grieverr 28.07.21

[b] [member = Valtron] [/ b], the article was written a year ago, during this time naturally nothing will go anywhere, just the profit will decrease gradually. There is also newer material in Google, I just threw the first one that came across. In general, time will tell, it's really hard to say with games, maybe the technology will take root in them.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

[b] [member = Grieverr] [/ b], by the time films in cinemas in any format will bring little for the further expedient filming process, the world will switch to some kind of holography, or three te like in attractions, with water, smells and the wind. And sij versions of Joni Dep and Mila Jouvovich will already play there)

4ibra 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Valtron' timestamp = '1341491131' post = '2745544']
Played almost all hits and non-hits in 3D on consoles and pc.
You immediately forget about three tees on consoles after what you see on your PC. Some games even now on PC look like a next genome in three de mode. This is primarily of course Mass Effect 2.3, Alan Wake, and Batman from the Metro. and in some it is out of place, for example in Deus Ex and Battle Field 3. In general, I wish everyone to join this case.
[/ quote]
Can you briefly explain what you need to get 3D on a PC? I've read so much so I don't really understand anything.

Is it not enough to buy a monitor with 3D support? Do you need some kind of 3D set from Nvidia?

m
magic 28.07.21

[b] [member = 4ibra] [/ b], Any vidyuha with 3D support. The rest is included with the monitor.

D
DIAL1 28.07.21

For about an hour I played with a friend in GT5 on a 3D monitor. Honestly, I did not understand this 3D, I did not see any special effects, instead, on the contrary, the contrast in the game dropped from glasses, maybe it is in GT5 that things are going there, but it looks like in modern 90% 3D films where in 2 hours of a 3D movie you can feel 2 minutes, and the rest of the time just glasses press on the nose. I consider the technology to be incomplete, so it is still pointless to buy a 3D TV set and monitor and play games on them, all this is still at a very early stage.

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 4 minutes 58 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
I also remembered that I played Borderlands on a 3D TV, the same sensations as from GT, a little volumetric image, but the game, again, is not worth the candle. I spent another 1.5 hours on the game world that year in Halo: Anniversary on multiplayer in 3D, but there I almost immediately forgot that the game was in 3D, I had glasses on my face, and about the time in general.:)

B
B. Betty 28.07.21

The most gorgeous 3D in my memory was in Trine 2. You turn it on and you can't play normally, you stare at the monitor with crazed eyes and inarticulate mumbles in delight.
The rest of the games are somehow like this ... In places it is good, in places it is bad, in places it is not at all. In Crisis 2, funny sensations from sensors hanging somewhere outside the monitor. And the guns look great. The environment is not bad, but does not cause wild enthusiasm.
The idea of ​​3D disappointed me, in general. Somehow not very fun.

s
soliddante 28.07.21

[quote name = 'soliddante' timestamp = '1341497772' post = '2745733'] like 3D in Anche3? [/ quote]
So who played? : icon_confused: Modified on July 29, 2012 by soliddante

X
Xenosag 28.07.21

and that everyone is fixated on Nvidia? Radeon also has a kind of stereo 3D, a friend of Alan Weik's recently played, he praised the implementation very much.

a
augury 28.07.21

Perhaps a new revolution in 3d gaming http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game The

project has good support, judging by the personalities featured in the video.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

[b] [member = soliddante] [/ b], I played. The resolution drops by half, which
makes it unbearable to play [b] [member = Xenosag] [/ b],. I play all three de games on the Radeon. 3d monitor samsung full hd with glasses and three def driver included. Modified on August 2, 2012 by Valtron

k
k! rj @ 28.07.21

1080p cinema looks gorgeous at home in 3D.

Games are a different story, at least on consoles. If AA is bad in the game, then in 3D these ladders become noticeably larger and strain the eyes very much. Apparently, this is due to two angles. On top of that, although it depends on the game to the game, but as a rule, the resolution drops, anisotropic filtering becomes weaker (especially noticeable in Arkham City, when without 3D the game shows exorbitant detail, and in the stereoscopic 3D mode the textures "lather" almost at Bruce Wayne's feet), and, of course, FPS problems.

Nevertheless, I want to say that 3D is the future. It becomes more interesting to play. But here you also need to understand that, like films, there are games with 3D "for show", but there are games that have been approached wisely. The latter are not yet particularly visible, but the same Batman is played much more interesting.

The picture, by the way, became darker (including distortion of gamma, contrast, and colors) on old 3D TVs, like 2010 - early 2011. Now this is almost fixed. I achieved a 1-in-1 picture with the settings, either with 3D or without.

My TV is sony kdl 55 hx 853. If anyone has it, I can share the settings.

Total: for games in 3D, they need to be rendered at the maximum resolution for TV, with good AA (and this item is required). While weak anisotropy can still be tolerated, the lack of anti-aliasing is unbearable. Apparently, we will be able to see STE only in new consoles. Modified September 12, 2012 by k! Rj @

V
Valtron 28.07.21

[b] [member = k! rj @] [/ b], it's better not to remember about Batman 3D on consoles. It is enough to see it once on the PC in full HD max settings in 3D, in order to forget forever that there is such a function on consoles.

Y
Yamaha 28.07.21

Of all the 3D games on consoles, I only liked Wipeout HD on PS3. The rest is either turbidity or soapy soap.
Call of Duty and Battlefield pleased me on my computer in 3D.

T
Tinkino 28.07.21

I remember playing Killzon 3 in 3D - the graphics deteriorate greatly (well, with all games), but the frequency began to fall wildly, which made the 3D mode unplayable.