3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DGQ 28.07.21 11:23 pm

Disappointment//:

.... I propose to bring a separate topic, where people will write their disappointment from the expected games ....
it is desirable to describe what caused it. that didn’t like it. why upset.
well, we will try without holivars. let's

go .....

[b] Duke Nuken Forever [/ b]

- no gameplay
- boring southwest
- GG's jokes are not amusing
- the design had to be on the verge of a foul ... but in the end it became this very foul,
waited too long. the very expectation of the game brought even more pleasure.
121 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vario 28.07.21

Generally speaking, here (fans are asked not to take everything written to heart):

[b] Call of Juarez: The Cartel [/ b] - from the very announcement I realized that at least it would be wrong. As a result, it turned out miserable shit, in which there is nothing interesting: the characters lose to the old heroes in all respects, the atmosphere of the wild west has been lost, even graphically the game has become weaker than the second part.

[b] Left 4 Dead 2 [/ b] - I quite liked the first part (and still like it), but the sequel (I won't even mention that it was riveted in a year) lost the whole atmosphere of a gloomy horror with all these bright and sunny levels. And the old heroes are more to my liking.

[b] Rage [/ b] - I wasn't expecting a game, but I still can't understand how Carmack and co created such a monotonous shooter. For so many years of development, the guys have not been able to add anything interesting to it.

[b] Duke Nukem Forever [/ b] - I also did not expect much, but the project was interesting because of its so long history of creation. What actually drove him into the grave: the feeling of sane shooting is completely absent (like shooting at sacks of potatoes from a toy pistol), stupid conventions, like the obligatory destruction of bosses with certain types of weapons, etc.

[b] Crysis 2 [/ b] - the sandbox was removed in vain. In the first part, it was the only way to get the bang out of the nano suit and all that it implies. You could really play [i] [/ i] with enemies, and the sequel slipped into another stupid mess, only with an unnecessary stealth mode.

[b] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [/ b] - I don't understand the hype about the game: crooked animation, monotonous dungeons, a dull main quest, monotonous extermination of dragons, which was so advertised and much more. The game is pulled only by some side quests and an open world in which you can find something to do for a while.

[b] Dragon Age 2 [/ b] - the only thing that I liked about the game was a good combat system. Not even cool, but rather spectacular: you really feel every fireball launched at the enemy. For the rest: boring plot, monotonous scenery (it seems that the action takes place not just in one city, but in the same corridor with five rooms in which the game changes heroes and calls you back), only a couple of interesting heroes and, unlike Skyrim, even normal ones there are no side quests. Oh yeah, this same game should still have a dark medieval atmosphere and all that, so why didn't I find this there?

[b] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-3 [/ b] - after the first part, well, nothing at all. Almost not a single memorable moment, and if in the second they were nevertheless, then in the third, it seems, there is none at all.

[b] Silent Hill: Homecoming [/ b] - completely destroyed the atmosphere of an empty and mysterious city, distorted some details of the series and spiced up an absolutely uninteresting story.

[b] Devil May Cry 4 [/ b] - generally a good game, but much worse than the third part. Turtle pace, Nero, losing to Dante in terms of charisma and ... how long can you keep doing this stupid back-tracking? There is a next-gen in the yard, and they still make them run for several hours in the same locations back and forth, and then again, and again.

[b] Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands [/ b] - just another slasher, without interesting situations and generally something exciting.

[b] Gears of War [/ b] - after all that hype around the game, I did not expect to see a monotonous shooter in dull gray corridors. There were a couple of interesting points, but otherwise nothing interesting.

[b] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [/ b] (and subsequent) - great games, but I did not like this retreat of the writers into some kind of dregs with aliens and other attributes of science fiction. I wanted games about real assassins (like the original AC, only better), punishing the guilty, and I get regular stories about universal conspiracies and saving the world.

[b] The Witcher 2 [/ b] - I would put this game separately from the others, as it is still a great game. It's just worse than the original. And the reasons are the same: bright locations and the absence of that gloomy atmosphere + again a story about the heroic salvation of the world.

The first thing that I remembered so.
Acey, remake Temko in the chtol generation's disappointment.

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 39 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
blin, how many games

N
NightmareRUS 28.07.21

Dragon Age 2
- Monotony - all dungeons in one look. All streets are copied, endless coasts, changing by the next corridor to the other side on the minimap.
- Boring quests
- Boring plot
- Stupid dialogues (not all, but partly inferior to the first in everything)
- The story takes place in a city whose size leaves much to be desired, but screams about it. Moreover, all the streets of the city are copied from each other.
- A futuristic combat system with a frantic pace, completely inappropriate for this game. The first part is much more serious in this regard.
- AI and generation of enemies is useless. The whole difficulty of battles lies not in the quality of opponents, but in the number.
- Reduced pumping system, canceling a decent combination of skills.

P
PortalX3 28.07.21

[u] [b] Red Faction: Armageddon [/ b] [/ u]

* the game has lost its "sandbox" - the levels have become corridor, and many caves and confined spaces are very oppressive.
* there is nothing to do in the game - you walk, kill monsters and perform simple "tricks" with objects. and so the whole game
* I don't even remember what the plot is about. as if it did not exist at all.
* less "flirting" with physics.
* new enemies (some kind of monsters) are more annoying than pleasing. they are not interesting to kill.
* graphically, the game turned out to be weak.
* during the whole game there were only a few interesting events - all the rest of the time a continuous monotonous monotony.

[img] http://i28.fastpic.ru/big/2011/1221/9c/4a3c4aabbf8bcda11c274ab75acace9c.jpg [/ img] Modified on December 21, 2011 by PortalX3

h
hero olympus 28.07.21

[offtopic] All year, one shit, it's a pity, I'm waiting for Asura's Wrath. : okay:[/ offtopic]

P
PortalX3 28.07.21

[u] [b] LA Noire [/ b] [/ u]

* very boring game. Seriously.
* the game is built on just a few principles: received a task, collected evidence, interrogated suspects, punished the criminal, which are repeated over and over again.
* the game has terribly "clumsy" shootings and inconvenient control of cars
* the world is not "alive" at all. the map is big, but there is absolutely nothing to do. even pedestrians cannot be knocked down
* amazing facial expressions are spoiled by very mediocre graphics
* bad checkpoint system - sometimes you have to replay the moments that you passed 30 minutes ago

[img] http://i32.fastpic.ru/big/2011/1221/59/e9b69765cce45e2b6b8f603c04eb2459 .jpg [/ img]

K
Knuck knuck 28.07.21

the year of var 3 disappointed me, after the impressive second part to see the same thing, only in HD and on the next generation -

saints row 3 does not go too far, the second part was in place, the third one is simply not needed. and the city is boring as and in the first 2 parts of the

sul caliber 4 - the pendos are knocking me down, not a single online match won

a psn card for 1000 rubles - you were not on time when you made a discount on deus ex for 2 days Modified December 21, 2011 by Knuck Knuck

h
hero olympus 28.07.21

[offtopic] [quote name = 'ACE' timestamp = '1324470657' post = '2435086']
I don’t know what you saw disappointing in kettlebells3 and unchecked3. snickering chtoli? : icon_confused:
[/ quote]

Just the taste and color, comrade, no. : icon_wink:[/ offtopic]

B
Brontozyvr 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Knuck Knuck' timestamp = '1324477370' post = '2435267'] sul caliber 4 - pendos are knocking me down, not a single online match won
a psn card for 1000 rubles - you were not on time when you made a discount on deus for 2 days ex [/ quote]
:-D :-D :-D
chic arguments Modified on December 21, 2011 by Brontozyvr

T
Tinkino 28.07.21

The biggest disappointment this year is The Witcher 2:
- There is no open world, only a set of locations.
- The plot is about politics and the lack of an ending as such.
- The game has completely lost its atmosphere and slipped from a soulful, interesting game into a stupid blockbuster to save kings.
Score - 5 out of 10. I shouldn't have gone after her to the early start of sales.

S
SoulGrabber 28.07.21

Before the break, they just disappointed:

RE 5
FF13
Dragon Age 2 is

not stupid what was expected of them. including genres. you can't do this with fans: facepalm:

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

the main disappointment of the year is Dragon Age 2-
boring plot
-absolutely no role-playing-
gods decorations made by carbon copy, which are forced to return 200 times more
- a "blue theme" that will
infuriate any player- lack of interesting characters-
boorish and buggy system requirements of the game

N
Neversmile 28.07.21

LA Noire
The only and the most important minus is simply the most vivid plot

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 3 minutes 34 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
Remembered!
An empty and unnecessary huge game world where you stupidly drive for 10-15 minutes of real time from point to point

V
Vario 28.07.21

[quote name = 'TheTinkino' timestamp = '1324478107' post = '2435286'] There is no open world, only a set of locations. [/ quote]
It is not in the original either. Which is just a plus, in my opinion

T
Tinkino 28.07.21

[b] [member = Vario] [/ b], Well, it all depends on what kind of world - for example, in Gothic 1 - 2 it is not a set of locations and meanwhile is not a dull huge world like TEC and Gothic 3. Especially in Gothic 2 - it has been worked out very well (okay, there are 2 locations and that's all, well, in principle, open) and interesting.

Z
Zend 28.07.21

Well, let's go ... : pff:

[size = 5] [b] Killzone 3 [/ b]: [/ size]
- I was expecting an epic king of multiplayer, but in fact I lost a couple of hours and sold the game. This is with 200+ played hours in the second part. So it was necessary to try to merge a gorgeous cartoon. : why:
- The plot is missing, it became boring after the "jungle", and did not pass.

[size = 5] [b] Motorstorm 3 [/ b]: [/ size]
- It just sucks. Graphics, setting, and a bunch of everything else froze me out. This is also with a doo of + played hours in the second part. : fffuuu:

[size = 5] [b] Modern Warfare 3 [/ b]: [/ size]
- After BO, not including such a number of important details in the game is the main mistake. The multiplayer is not playable, and the case is not in crooked hands. : men:

[size = 5] [b] Uncharted 3 [/ b]: [/ size]
- Not so disappointment, but how much I expected a greater "WOW" effect from the plot, but in fact it turned out to be a mediocre plot. The end upset me very much. : foreveralone:

[size = 5] [b] DiRT 3 [/ b]: [/ size]
- Expected to be hooked for more than 5-6 hours. : cg:

[size = 5] [b] Dead Island [/ b]: [/ size]
- This idea was cool, but it turned out to be such unplayable shit. : khm:

[size = 5] [b] RAGE [/ b]: [/ size]
- Ohh, well, it's just a failure. I was waiting for a shooter-killer carrentgen, and there was a corridor bullshit with an eternal loading of textures and a lack of multiplayer. Keep it up, Carmack, I don't even want to take a used one. : fffuuu:

[size = 5] [b] Dragon Age 2 [/ b]: [/ size]
- I started the first game very late, played it and realized that it was a masterpiece. He was hacked day and night, as there was a hunger for games of this genre. I think I'll download the second part to the pc, I'll try, maybe I'll like it, then I'll take it to ps3.
Enough for 3 hours of torment and eternal repetitions of the same thing.
Too shit to compete with the masterpiece of the first part. : raisins2: : fffuuu:!!!

[size = 5] [b] Crysis 2 [/ b]: [/ size]
- I ran the first part 5 times, getting a lot of fun. Launching the second one, I realized how bad everything was: gameplay, ala, disguise - killed - disguise - killed - disguise - killed - armor - killed - disguise, fucked up almost immediately. The plot is zero, the NPC is stupid, the application is useless, the graphics (ps3) is shit.
I wanted to spit after passing. [u] Too bulsh. [/ u] [img] http://forums.gamemag.ru/public/style_emoticons/default/awwyeaa.gif [/ img] : pokerface:

[size = 5] [b] MK9 [/ b]: [/ size]
- Crooked online, which killed any desire to play on the network. In general, everything is ok. : nice:

[size = 5] [b] PAYDAY: The Heist [/ b] [/ size]
- I expected something more, but it turned out so-so. Although the idea was very ok. : pokerface:

[size = 5] [b] Red Faction: Armageddon [/ b] [/ size]
- What happened? It becomes boring to play after 2-3 hours. The first part was invigorating. I was very upset. : okay:

[size = 5] [b] Battlefield 3: [/ b] [/ size]
- The console version has discouraged the desire to play too much. And a good PC simply does not exist, and it is not needed. But I thought to buy, even at the start. : ayfkm:

[size = 5] [b] Output: [/ b] [/ size]
Of the planned 15-16 games for this year, I only bought 4-5. I played with everything else in other ways, which is insanely happy, because such a number of disappointments would be worth a lot of money. [img] http://forums.gamemag.ru/public/style_emoticons/default/megusta.gif [/ img]

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

This year I was disappointed only in Kettlebell 3 and Anche 3 (in the singleplayer parts of games, I often play Kettlebell cartoon, nraitsa) I
just didn't buy any slag like RAGE and Duke Nukem, I puke from demos Changed December 21, 2011 by UnreaL

m
monsieur: dat 28.07.21

LA Noire.

It happens: you see a sweet, beautiful, well-groomed girl. With an enigmatic look, in a business suit, interesting in general. You start communicating: she touches on fascinating topics and can amuse. Only now the realization comes pretty quickly that there is fasting inside, and the brain is replaced by banal memorized phrases. You can arrange a hookup, then - no. One of Woody Allen's favorite themes, by the way. In general, LA Noire repeats the described girl. This is one big fake. A beautiful shiny fake that plays on people's gullibility. The brainchild of Team Bondi is trying hard to portray that it has a good story. Here, both deliberate seriousness and important questions of that time are raised, and the semblance of love problems are raised. And the fact that the narrative is ragged, there is no such intrigue, but there are many self-repetitions, and the plot itself, withered like a hundred-year-old dead, is not at all important. As well as shameless tracing paper from LA Confidential. It's the same with the gameplay here. Instead of being entertaining like R * games or smart, like in cult quests, here we have an action game without normal action, a quest without puzzles, but with endless pixel hunting. Team Bondi came up with a good snag, many bought, as you can see. Modified December 22, 2011 by monsieur: dat

r
razgulnov 28.07.21

in lanoir, I just liked the chase (I always waited for him to run after him) and the examination of naked aunts

l
liar 28.07.21

Of course KZ3. I naively waited for the continuation of the favorite KZ2 multiplayer, but got shit on a stick.

t
trayt 28.07.21

Of the total disappointments, perhaps only what happened to the SH series. Just monstrous something. : raisins:
All other disappointments were predictable, that would be too upset. : gigi:This generation is consistently inferior to the previous one, and nothing can be done about it.
Although no, I did not expect such disappointment from Alan Wake. I thought it would be an original, original game. It turned out completely the other way around : icon_cry: Changed December 22, 2011 by trayt