3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Di 28.07.21 11:25 pm

Bioshock Infinite - Plot Discussion

It is called - I decided to "run" through the infinite, byrenka, to the shock end - to understand what kind of animal this is, which is now fashionable to discuss so fiercely.

As a result, no matter how hard I tried, I deleted 10 hours from my life for the sake of bioshock (pride, her mother, did not allow to put the gameplay on easy). Do I regret the time spent - a separate question, the topic is not about that, I can say one thing for sure - for me personally it is now very clear: fanboy (or journalistic - one hell of a thing) about the gameplay (dull, monotonous, protracted, bright, dynamic, wretched- shooter - whatever) - this is such crap, in comparison with what the Author wanted to share through his infinite - and, of course, we are not talking about the amazing Columbia (Colombia), not about Elizabeth and not about the ability of irrational games to design worlds inside the monitor ... And what, exactly? - tell me. After all, it is sincerely (!) Interesting.

In the meantime, a brief chronology of events through my eyes (through the eyes of a wild man, who does not really perceive foreign languages ​​by ear, since the subtitles helped out in moments). Therefore, I could not fully digest all that Anglo-gurgling mess of audio diaries - there was no accompanying subtitles at all. So, in hot pursuit:

The main character Booker (Devitt) had a child whom, roughly speaking, he screwed up the cards. And, apparently, in a state of severe hangover, he dutifully entrusted it to his creditors. The main one is a difficult man and, judging by the final scenes, this is DeWitt himself - only a little older. We all, together with Levin, know very well (now) that space-time is organized much more crookedly-obliquely than we think, and an innumerable set of alternatives corresponds to the reality familiar to man.

Booker's child - a girl who was not offended by nature, not deprived of talents, out of malice put all this Levin's alternative in the position she needed and reshaped reality in her own way. Apparently, this was what interested the guest from the alternative future, Booker "Elder" aka Comstock, who was deprived of his children, but obsessed with the idea of ​​a fix to transfer the reins of government to his own utopian state to the same religiously moved schizophrenic, like himself - flesh of flesh, as they say.

Meanwhile, Booker DeWitt, who had committed the most heinous act in his life, still got bored with the squirrel, began to hear voices, forget one thing and glue together fragments of other memories in a strange way - as a result, with the assistance of a couple of space-time stalkers, he goes to the heavenly city of Columbia (Colombia) - to rescue, allegedly in payment of that very debt, the maiden Elizabeth, who was captured in the tower by Comstock itself. Catch up on who this Elizabeth is, why she does not have a finger and why he actually went to Columbia, he cannot, or rather, refuses, almost until the very end credits.

Chronology can be called with a certain degree of conventionality, because - which is repeatedly and unequivocally hinted at by a couple of stalkers-humorists constantly flashing in the frame - there is no future, past and present, what will be - it already was and it is. Therefore, it is not possible to know for certain where the beginning is here and - even - what and how actually happened. And, remarkably, it doesn't matter at all. According to my first - fresh - sensation, Levin's multidimensional message is broadly as follows: each person, at various levels (be it metaphysical, cosmogonic, or everyday-applied), constructs his own realities, and ultimately only what he sees happens ( or feels). Created in a well-known image and likeness, a man got his hands on a full set of development tools. Does not matter,

It doesn't matter if DeWitt's journey to Columbia itself or (oh Lord, forgive the wildest script cliché) was just in his head. The important thing is that he gave up the child for debts, and then sought redemption for a sin, which (atonement) - according to the internal Booker redeemer Comstock - in principle cannot exist. And DeWitt is doomed to stalk the darkest corners of his own consciousness, to construct more and more new realities in search of deliverance. In this context, Comstock really suits the role of a shepherd, or rather, a kind of voice of conscience.

The thing is that Levin's work is so multidimensional - that many interpretations and points of view risk merging into white noise, in which everyone who can perceive the brightest author's presentation will find and convincingly justify their own cockroaches. By the way, this is also great, to build a huge mirror of the correct curvature is a very difficult and interesting task.

Therefore, I repeat, it is curious to read other people's impressions - after all, the infinite has something to talk about))

Modified April 6, 2013 by Di
124 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 28.07.21

[member = 'Di'], very interesting opinion. thanks. it was interesting to read.

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Di' timestamp = '1365244319' post = '3207279'] but for the sake of bioshock I deleted 10 hours from my life [/ quote]

it took me 17 hours to play at normal, but I didn't find everything there, as I understand it 

D
Di 28.07.21

[member = 'Vadimeys'], I didn't play the game - I ran through it. but he tried not to miss the diaries, ransacked locations. thoughtful walkthrough will be the second.

in infinite I tried to catch the very "wow" as quickly as possible - about which people talked so much. surprisingly, it not only happened at the end, but it happened regularly throughout the game.

at the same time, I was not particularly embarrassed by the game mechanics - most of the time from tonics (salts) and shooting, I experienced a completely sincere fan. although not everything is smooth with the balance and design (and this, for me, is obvious, and it is not very important in the framework of this particular game).

Modified April 6, 2013 by Di

b
bag of noctae 28.07.21

But don't you think that after each death the booker opens the door to a NEW universe?

the plot is of course powerful

A
ANDREvv 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Kirill_Kopylenkov' timestamp = '1365269015' post = '3207911'] yes, it took 17 too [/ quote] Strange. I passed in 12 on the normal, but literally walked around every corner (although I also found not everything that is strange). Where did you walk for another 5 hours? I suppose Elizabeth was photographed all the time? : icon_mrgreen:

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

PPC, do you keep track of the time when you play? I've walked in xs, like I looked at every corner, but I missed almost a dozen audio recordings

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

[quote name = 'bag of notes' timestamp = '1365268457' post = '3207885'] don't you think that after every death the booker opens the door to a NEW universe? [/ quote]

no. It's just elizabeth pumping it out 

G
Gefus 28.07.21

[member = 'UnreaL'], in the incentive, for example, you can see how much time you spent in the game

Modified April 6, 2013 by Gefus

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

[member = 'UnreaL'], 

how does steam think for me

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

It's a pity there is no such thing in boxing

eh

[quote name = 'Vadimeys' timestamp = '1365271382' post = '3208029'] no. Elizabeth simply pumps it out [/ quote]

when Elizabeth is not around he wakes up in the room and opens the door

D
Di 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Vadimeys' timestamp = '1365271382' post = '3208029'] no. Elizabeth just pumps it out [/ quote]

and if Elizabeth is not around, the hero opens a new door (whatever that means). another thing is that this can be ignoredsmile.png

A
ANDREvv 28.07.21

PPC, do you keep track of the time when you play? How much did I go through xs

Well, we are real hardcore players. And you are so, lover. : gigi:

Modified on April 6, 2013 by ANDREvv

s
sport14 28.07.21

[member = 'Di'], wrote the plot well,: up: 

Proceeding from the name infinite - which is infinity, Levin shows the meaning of the fact that the world in all its facets is based on choice. A similar theme is touched upon in my favorite Wachowski Matrix. But in Infinite it is brought to the absolute, i.e. Booker sees the consequences of his choice and in (alternate) reality tries to correct it. (choice).

I'm more interested in a couple of Lutesov.

For example, here is a link to the wiki 

Robert and Rosalind Lutes are two mysterious people who orchestrated De Witt's arrival in the city. They also participated in the creation of Colombia, and also developed the technology of movement in space. They look like almost identical twins, but it was later revealed that they are the same person from two different realities. After their disappearance, there were rumors that the couple was killed on the orders of Comstock, which is partially confirmed by one of the voiceophones found near the Comstock house.

But to be honest, I didn’t completely go over who they are to Booker / Comstock.

And, in general, I have not received such a feeling from gaming experimentation for a long time (straight to the creeps: gigi :)

ps After that, the ending of gov3 seemed like some kind of school :-D

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ANDREvv' timestamp = '1365271796' post = '3208055'] Well, we are real hardcore guys. And you are so, lover. : gigi: [/ quote]

You have blood ...

G
Gefus 28.07.21

[member = 'UnreaL'], so subtle that the plus sign gave: D

I just didn't understand what kind of corpse with a bag on its head was in the lighthouse with the signature "don't let us down"?

Modified April 6, 2013 by Gefus

m
masturbator666 28.07.21

The most interesting thing about (Levine's) bioshocks is how skillfully he criticizes (or expresses respect?) gaming conventions. in the first, for example, everyone knows that fontaine, under the guise of an atlas, drove the whole game by the nose of Jack in one phrase, just like in other games a gamer can, for example, go through something in different ways, ways, but in the end he still follows those moves, set for him by the chief designer, and we come to the same result. those. According to Levine, there is no choice as such, if you delve deeper. entertaining
Infinite also has a couple of interesting, subtle points related to the topic of choice (for example, when choosing between a bird and a cage), but the main feature there is Elizabeth. You can draw an analogy with a kind of connecting link between the player and the developer who looks at your game progress with a smirk and a little pity and from time to time offers you help. and later you become very attached to liz itself because of this, i.e. All these bioshock details are made really with MEANING (yes, joke to me here about SRSG, I'm ready) and give the game a rich background, a second bottom.
The history of AI partners in video games, in my opinion, can be divided into two periods: before Elizabeth and after Elizabeth. hyperbola? mb. but I believe in it.

B
Blaze 28.07.21

[quote name = 'sport14' timestamp = '1365274493' post = '3208175'] ps After that, the ending of gov3 seemed like some kind of school [/ quote] it seemed to me like a school one before.

I wrote in the main topic, I'll transfer it here:

By the way, I have one small complaint about the game: in my opinion, the city itself is registered somewhat worse in the game. Remember the first part - the game was based on the fact that the impossible can be made possible and through the little things the city itself became another character, its brief history, the reasons for its creation, the ideology of its inhabitants before the events of the game were spelled out. And then they just told us: "This is the city, it flies in the sky, lol." Well, at the end, they explained why he flies. Also, the action of power engineers was not prescribed properly. Again, in the first part, it was said that plasmids rewrite the genetic code on the fly, allowing you to do certain things, and this all works thanks to Adam, a substance obtained from mollusks floating in the ocean. And then again: "Here's the energy, you can set someone on fire, lol."

To justify the game, we can say that the game is not built on this, unlike the first two, but just because of this, all of the above looks a little far-fetched. 

But by the way ... I'll still go chasing infinite, lol)))

[quote name = 'sport14' timestamp = '1365274493' post = '3208175'] But to be honest, I haven't completely rummaged about who they are to Booker / Comstock. [/ quote]

Comstock Lutes the woman helped to get a baby through her ideas to transfer from one reality to another. And Booker does not have to do them - for them he is an experimental, they at the beginning talk about the experiment. So this is their experiment - to find out how one and the same person in two worlds, where he made different choices, can change the course of things in these worlds. 

By the way, in the main topic, someone was amazed at how he managed to get through the game in two days ... So I sat down on Saturday morning, got up in the evening. Total 15 hours)))

[quote name = 'UnreaL' timestamp = '1365274714' post = '3208183'] You have blood ... [/ quote]

You are very thin, you can't even be seen. 

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Blaze' timestamp = '1365394089' post = '3209944'] And then again: "Here's the energy, you can set someone on fire, lol." [/ quote]

it is not clear with power engineers. Either Fink stole the idea thanks to the faults, or it was the development of a sweet couple of scientists. For when we get the ability - hands flicker like objects from another reality 

D
Dramatique 28.07.21

I just didn't understand what kind of corpse with a bag on its head was in the lighthouse with the signature "don't let us down"?

A regular lighthouse keeper who had a mission from Kamstock to kill DeWitt. There, next to the corpse, there is a map, and on it is a note stating that "He is going, be on the alert" with the initials -C. But apparently he is killed by the Luteses and they hang this sign on him.

Modified April 8, 2013 by Dramatique

N
Niakron 28.07.21

I didn't really like the game, the carnage was often tiring, the plot began to catch on only at the end, and all this running around before that, apparently, should have led to all this, especially from the transitions. There was a real feeling of some kind of experimental.