3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Di 28.07.21 11:25 pm

Bioshock Infinite - Plot Discussion

It is called - I decided to "run" through the infinite, byrenka, to the shock end - to understand what kind of animal this is, which is now fashionable to discuss so fiercely.

As a result, no matter how hard I tried, I deleted 10 hours from my life for the sake of bioshock (pride, her mother, did not allow to put the gameplay on easy). Do I regret the time spent - a separate question, the topic is not about that, I can say one thing for sure - for me personally it is now very clear: fanboy (or journalistic - one hell of a thing) about the gameplay (dull, monotonous, protracted, bright, dynamic, wretched- shooter - whatever) - this is such crap, in comparison with what the Author wanted to share through his infinite - and, of course, we are not talking about the amazing Columbia (Colombia), not about Elizabeth and not about the ability of irrational games to design worlds inside the monitor ... And what, exactly? - tell me. After all, it is sincerely (!) Interesting.

In the meantime, a brief chronology of events through my eyes (through the eyes of a wild man, who does not really perceive foreign languages ​​by ear, since the subtitles helped out in moments). Therefore, I could not fully digest all that Anglo-gurgling mess of audio diaries - there was no accompanying subtitles at all. So, in hot pursuit:

The main character Booker (Devitt) had a child whom, roughly speaking, he screwed up the cards. And, apparently, in a state of severe hangover, he dutifully entrusted it to his creditors. The main one is a difficult man and, judging by the final scenes, this is DeWitt himself - only a little older. We all, together with Levin, know very well (now) that space-time is organized much more crookedly-obliquely than we think, and an innumerable set of alternatives corresponds to the reality familiar to man.

Booker's child - a girl who was not offended by nature, not deprived of talents, out of malice put all this Levin's alternative in the position she needed and reshaped reality in her own way. Apparently, this was what interested the guest from the alternative future, Booker "Elder" aka Comstock, who was deprived of his children, but obsessed with the idea of ​​a fix to transfer the reins of government to his own utopian state to the same religiously moved schizophrenic, like himself - flesh of flesh, as they say.

Meanwhile, Booker DeWitt, who had committed the most heinous act in his life, still got bored with the squirrel, began to hear voices, forget one thing and glue together fragments of other memories in a strange way - as a result, with the assistance of a couple of space-time stalkers, he goes to the heavenly city of Columbia (Colombia) - to rescue, allegedly in payment of that very debt, the maiden Elizabeth, who was captured in the tower by Comstock itself. Catch up on who this Elizabeth is, why she does not have a finger and why he actually went to Columbia, he cannot, or rather, refuses, almost until the very end credits.

Chronology can be called with a certain degree of conventionality, because - which is repeatedly and unequivocally hinted at by a couple of stalkers-humorists constantly flashing in the frame - there is no future, past and present, what will be - it already was and it is. Therefore, it is not possible to know for certain where the beginning is here and - even - what and how actually happened. And, remarkably, it doesn't matter at all. According to my first - fresh - sensation, Levin's multidimensional message is broadly as follows: each person, at various levels (be it metaphysical, cosmogonic, or everyday-applied), constructs his own realities, and ultimately only what he sees happens ( or feels). Created in a well-known image and likeness, a man got his hands on a full set of development tools. Does not matter,

It doesn't matter if DeWitt's journey to Columbia itself or (oh Lord, forgive the wildest script cliché) was just in his head. The important thing is that he gave up the child for debts, and then sought redemption for a sin, which (atonement) - according to the internal Booker redeemer Comstock - in principle cannot exist. And DeWitt is doomed to stalk the darkest corners of his own consciousness, to construct more and more new realities in search of deliverance. In this context, Comstock really suits the role of a shepherd, or rather, a kind of voice of conscience.

The thing is that Levin's work is so multidimensional - that many interpretations and points of view risk merging into white noise, in which everyone who can perceive the brightest author's presentation will find and convincingly justify their own cockroaches. By the way, this is also great, to build a huge mirror of the correct curvature is a very difficult and interesting task.

Therefore, I repeat, it is curious to read other people's impressions - after all, the infinite has something to talk about))

Modified April 6, 2013 by Di
124 Comments
Sort by:
A
Austin powers 28.07.21

Stop guessing, everything is written here

http://www.vg247.ru/hronologiya-soby-tij-i-interesny-e-fakty/

Only, apparently, I missed one point: where in the course of the story, except just before the drowning of the booker, there are hints that the comstock is a booker?

PS In theory, the game needs to be played twice in order to understand all the rehearsals of the plot without prompts, but I would not have mastered it a second time ...

Modified on April 15, 2013 by Austin Powers

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[member = 'Austin Powers'], there is, for example, Booker's nose started to bleed after the murder of Comstock.

Leave any articles on the meaning of the game, otherwise it is interesting to read what others think) Modified on April 15, 2013 by burger_shot

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

[member = 'Di'], the whole point is that comstock has no daughter. Anna was born after the booker refused to be baptized

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[member = 'Austin Powers'], so what the hell prevented the same Lutes from intervening in any other way? For example, to forge the documents of the medical board of DeWitt so that he would not be taken into the army? Or give Mrs DeWitt something that would kill Anna in the bud?

I appreciated the reference to Deus Ex, yes. 

An interesting point with a coin and a board.

Who sent the letter at the very beginning?

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

[member = 'AeZaKmI'], Lutes

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[member = 'UnreaL'], why did he send the letter, if he knows that he will start a bloodbath? I could have warned about the scar.

It is a pity that this is a shooter, and not an action RPG or an adventure game.

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[member = 'AeZaKmI'], they sent an email to prevent this carnage, but failed.
If Booker had guessed, had not taken number 77, everything would have been fine. Modified on April 15, 2013 by burger_shot

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[member = 'burger_shot'] could be more creative in this regard. There is a stigma.

Or all these breaks made of them people who are so bored that they do not disdain to joke so blackly. And in general, they eat their own popcorn and watch the story of how Frodo dragged himself to this damn mountain for a year instead of fast travel with the help of birds. 

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

[member = 'AeZaKmI'], Frodo had to get there quietly, eagles are not an option. plus the mountain was guarded by the army

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[member = 'UnreaL'] would have thrown up to the border.

And they threw Bilbo and the dwarfs on some kind of rock. Great plan! 

A
Austin powers 28.07.21

I must say that all of the above versions are mostly purely subjective. Definitely, such a large number of gaps in the narrative were left on purpose in order to give the player freedom for a variety of fantasies, and most likely there is no single correct and original version (only if in the safe by the very left)))))))

It would be nice to look at an opinion about the plot, where each phrase would be supported by a reference to a particular scene of a game or a recording of a voice phone ...

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

[member = 'AeZaKmI'], there are spies everywhere, Nazguls. need stealth

to the bill of bilbo xs

S
Scarface 28.07.21

1) Even I missed, anywhere in the story explains where Elizabeth got supernatural powers?

2) Why kill the DeWits who did not accept Baptism?

X
Xopek 28.07.21

[member = 'Scarface'], 

1) Her finger remained in reality DeWitt, a drunkard not a Baptist ... Elizabeth immediately existed in two realities, which is why she could move between them.

2) There is to leave alive DeWitt who did not accept Baptism, along with him there will certainly be the same DeWitt who accepted Baptism ... for a coin. The only option is not to throw the coin at all or destroy the coin, then it cannot come out either heads or tails in another reality. 

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[member = 'Xopek'], so why is there no Muslim DeWitt? Or Devitt the Agnostic? Or Devitta Buddhist?

Then they would have gathered an army of non-Baptist DeWitt and, like in one of the Resident Evil movie parts, using magic and quantum physics, they would have repaired DeWitt the Baptist. 

X
Xopek 28.07.21

[member = 'AeZaKmI'], apparently because in DeWitt's fate there was no such event of "adoption of Islam" ... but there was an event of "adoption of Baptism" and after it the universes broke into two, which always go in pairs (heads / tails) .. ... 

Apparently the universe with "the flourishing of Islam / Buddhism / Judaism in the United States" does not envisage the existence of Booker DeWitt.

You are digging in the wrong place, where the phrase "There will always be a man going to the lighthouse (to the light)" (the main hero-player going to the final) is much more fun.

S
Scarface 28.07.21

[member = 'Xopek'], But if all DeWits in all realities are dead, then Anna / Elizabeth was not born in any reality.

I cannot understand how not to exist in general better than what Elizabeth went through (at least alive).

A
Austin powers 28.07.21

BTW, was Elizabeth born before or after the baptism / non-baptism of the devitt?

S
Scarface 28.07.21

[member = 'Austin Powers'], after rejection

A
AeZaKmI 28.07.21

[b] [member = 'Xopek'] [/ b], that is, apart from that scene of accepting / rejecting Baptism, they have no choice in life at all? Why is the fork right there, and the choice in the form of heads or tails has already been scripted?

Although, it's not for nothing that religion is there as a topic. By fate he was given to be righteous and to destroy the world (the second coming), and the tempting serpent at that moment took the lead and made him a sinner who would spoil all God's plans.