3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Azzy 28.07.21 11:25 pm

Restructuring of game topics of the forum

In general, we have casually discussed this a couple of times, but did not specifically discuss it. For a long time I began to think more and more about the implementation of this idea. As it seems to me, this is now more relevant than ever.

At first I wanted to do this: make subforums on games in each of the genre forums, and transfer the topics there. For example, in the FPS forum, create subforums on CoD and Halo, In simulators for GT, Forza and FIFA with PES, etc. But there would be one problem. 

The problem may be that, for example, the old resiks are in the Survivor section, and the new one is in the Action ... If you make subforums, then the resik is, as it were, needed by default. On the other hand, the Survivor section itself is by and large a section not about anything, because we have gameplay genres, and Survivor is a narrative genre, just at the time this section was created, "Quests" with such a narrative part were quite popular .. in general, he offered this idea in modernization and options for solving the problem with a resik and the same heal or with Halo Worth the same problem, the main series of FPS, and this is a strategy ...

There was a second option, but I didn’t like it because of its cumbersomeness. Instead of forums with a genre name, make a bunch of forums with the name of games without mentioning genres. and move all genre forums to a separate sub-forum like "other games by genre" ...

However, then we came to the conclusion that we could make a separate sub-forum like "Game series" and there already separate sub-forums by series.

In general, we did not discuss much with the moderators, but I think we need to discuss it now in the general section. Who thinks what, well, if you don't like it, suggest your options. I don’t screw up the voting yet.

For example, the scheme of the last proposed option:

GameMAG Forums → Section "Games" → subsection "Game series" subforum → "Devil May Cry" → tama DmC: Devil May Cry - mechanics → tama DmC: Devil May Cry - plot [careful spoilers] → tama Devil May Cry 4 → tama Devil May Cry HD collection → tama Devil May Cry 3 → tama Devil May Cry 2 → tama Devil May Cry 1 

And so for each popular series or games with one idea such as demons souls and dark souls will have their own themes in one sub-forum.

35 Comments
Sort by:
M
Monsterr 28.07.21

I suggested how to do it, but my idea was not even published. although it is practiced on some popular sites, lol.

A
Azzy 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ACE' timestamp = '1361962698' post = '3139566'] Azzy, why? now all episodes. there are almost no original games and they turn into a series [/ quote] Then, to share the discussion of technical problems, plot and mechanics. Dark souls has 2 themes, each ME also has a bunch of themes. HR also has two themes. In general, I think this thing is needed.

A
Allmighty L 28.07.21

[member = 'Azzy'],: up: separate discussion of mechanics - just fine. I don't know how many people will support these trends, but it's definitely worth a try.

O
Oops 28.07.21

Create a section of master topics (Game series, for example), in each such topic in the first post (fix the post) post all the information about the series and attach forum links to the post.

The work is titanic, of course. Just a thought

v
vodafon 28.07.21

Mario - mechanics

Mario - racing

Mario - plot

Mario - RPG

Mario - sports

Mario - spoilers

[spoil] :-D [/ spoil]

V
Valtron 28.07.21

Hazi, brotishka, we are with you, wherever the difficult takes us ... no matter how many obstacles there are in the way ... how many sent Cossacks from PG and ddoss attacks tried to extinguish the flame of the forum instructing ...

how far our efforts would not have gone to make the forum better.

Big starts small. I am for the option with subsections!

M
Momentum 28.07.21

I agree with [member = 'KresTias'], if you put everything this way, it will be more than convenient ...

h
hero olympus 28.07.21

Great idea Azzy!

S
SENEL 28.07.21

I've also thought about links)

D
DGQ 28.07.21

I would remove the genre of the sections in principle. because now everything is so mixed up that there are no clear boundaries.

and how many disputes were there where to cram the game? who is in action games, who is adventure, who is in RPG.

better simply - playstation, xbox, wii, pc. and do not care that one game will have 4 different themes. but it can be used by players from the same platform. and do not mix everything in a heap.

about sections like DMC, PE, SIlent Hill - only for!

A
Allmighty L 28.07.21

[member = 'DGQ'] no, organizing by genre will shorten the search time. I want to discuss the mechanics of fifa with everyone else. Moreover, I hope to find it in simulators, and not in "tactics", bgg

Z
Zend 28.07.21

If there is a division by subforums of the series, then I would like to shove a separate discussion there

a) gameplay
b) console problems
c) pc problems

And then sometimes it gets boring to read 5-10 pages of the forum on which they discuss not how to get through the next boss or find a cache, but how to eliminate lags and run the game on such and such hardware and blah blah blah.

W
Wario 28.07.21

I like this great idea!

V
Vincent 28.07.21

per 

J
JIe0H 28.07.21

dude, this is just a great idea, firstly there will be an order on the forum, secondly, topics on old games will pop up, so I just wanted to talk about dmk 1, but there is no topic

shorter clip with hands behind

p
psn1034 28.07.21

no need to divide by platforms, I don't want to read a dozen topics to learn about all aspects of the game, let one have everything

and it is worth writing about the technical component of the game only for pc (as in the case of dark sols on pc, the topic has really grown there) - it turns out the player, for example, in dark suls on the console will have to leave the theme of the game and look for a separate topic about the problems of dark sols on consoles, write there and wait for an answer, it's too dreary

D
DGQ 28.07.21

[member = 'Allmighty L'], then the genre should be structured in an adequate way. but I don’t think it’ll work out okay. anyway, you have to look for PE6 in the action for some reason.

F
Freeman 28.07.21

If scattered by genre, then maybe then bring the game there as it was announced by the developers? For example, the developers said that PE6 is a survival, so put it in a survival, and do not care that we will shout that there is no smell of a surf. But it will lie where it is listed on the "piece of paper".

And so Azzi agrees with the example of the scheme. Well, and accordingly, you can download the section "games without series" =) Modified on February 28, 2013 by user ff8frm

D
DGQ 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ff8frm' timestamp = '1362044364' post = '3141256'] But it will be where it is listed on the "piece of paper". [/ quote] 

this is an important point. but, unfortunately, gamag experts will not allow them to be deceived, and therefore I will stick the game where it seems to them to belong.

but anyway, any re-structuring is good. it is necessary to move the forum.

A
Allmighty L 28.07.21

[member = 'DGQ'], http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0 % B8% D1% 8F:% D0% 96% D0% B0% D0% BD% D1% 80% D1% 8B_% D0% BA% D0% BE% D0% BC% D0% BF% D1% 8C% D1% 8E% D1% 82% D0% B5% D1% 80% D0% BD% D1% 8B% D1% 85_% D0% B8% D0% B3% D1% 80

there, of course, is full of some kind of hell (on the wiki), but you can choose the genres you want. I mean, there is no need to invent or classify something on the spot, when some people have already done it.