3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beloved and respected by 28.07.21 11:50 pm

Games ahead of their time (which the public underestimated)

In my memory, this is probably Kill Switch and Shenmue.
What do you think?
45 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sangheli 28.07.21

[quote] Games ahead of their time (which the public underestimated) [/ quote]
[quote] In my memory, this probably Kill Switch [/ quote]
no, the kil switch was appreciated, the left handicraft from namko: lamer:

q
qdash 28.07.21

Kill.Swtich - fucking shit

B
Beloved and respected by 28.07.21

[b] [dD] [/ b], that's why the mechanics of the GOV field began to be taken from him by someone inadvertently

d
dozensnake 28.07.21

Tresspasser is a game totally ahead of its time.

w
wu 28.07.21

[b] Everyone's beloved and respected [/ b], grippers were still in 2D games in the 90s, so Epic is not even the second or third.

B
Beloved and respected by 28.07.21

[b] wu [/ b], I know, but it was these who went with the shooting after the switch. To mine,
full-fledged went from CrackDown on the shoga, where they really helped

R
Richy 28.07.21

[b] dozensnake [/ b], about Tresspaser yes, especially if you judge by system requirements =)

in the same Outcast piggy bank. from the console except Shenmue, perhaps Vib-Ribbon, Parappa the Rapper and Rez.

T
Timsonic 28.07.21

God Hand is! : fight:

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAga2AjfZlg [/ youtube]

R
Richy 28.07.21

God Hand is not ahead of its time. It's just that the audience did not appreciate it, that's all. The game itself is so old-school that it's even cool: D

A
ACE 28.07.21

year hand was some kind of left trash from clover like madworld from platinum

S
Sangheli 28.07.21

[quote name = "Everyone's beloved and respected"] [b] [dD] [/ b], that's why the mechanics of the GOV field began to be taken from him by someone unintentionally [/ quote]
shooting from behind cover was still in the first splinter village

A
ACE 28.07.21

do not disgrace yourself. shooting from behind cover was still on the NES, and Killswitch was average dull (((

S
Shen. 28.07.21

[quote name = "Everyone's beloved and respected"] [b] [dD] [/ b], that's why the mechanics of the GOV field began to be taken from it by someone inadvertently [/ quote]

because epics made this mechanic basic and very convenient
for one button and pinch and run and roll

A
ACE 28.07.21

and by the way, 2 games with grippers were released before the gears on the box - Perfect Dark Zero and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

C
Catstet 28.07.21

[b] ACE [/ b],

Exactly !!! By the way, this game: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, literally a couple of months, in my opinion, Geow came out earlier, and with exactly the same simple cover, and no one remembers them: evil:
I always wondered why Geow, even insulting for the guys who have done it before and have been forgotten!

S
Sangheli 28.07.21

[quote name = "Catstet"]
I was always surprised why Geow, even a shame for the guys who did it before, but they were forgotten! [/ quote]
Because the loud Xbox exclusive

R
Richy 28.07.21

[offtopic] Something you all went to the wrong steppe with this topic. a GeoW-style adhesion shelter system in the modern sense appeared in kill.switch, which was released in 2003.

Ghost Recon: AW, GeoW, Perferct Dark Zero, etc. - in 2006, three (!!!) years later. it is impossible to talk about some kind of "coincidence" here.

and all this is the current generation, whereas kill.switch was still on the first Xbox and PS2.

another thing is that they did not "invent" the mechanics - they simply adopted it from platformers and other games in 3D with a third-person view. And that's exactly the moment with "sticking" to the obstacles of Gears of War and then "licked" - and the more stupid Cliffy looks in his interviews, where he said that "we came up with a sticky cover system": gigi: [/ offtopic]

A
Avroveks 28.07.21

Robinson's requiem was definitely ahead of its time, there are no analogues today. that would be a remake on cryengine :)

C
Chornolio 28.07.21

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

R
Richy 28.07.21

[b] Shin Akuma [/ b], Robinson's Requiem this yes!
and with [b] Chornolio [/ b] on the Giants: Citizen Kabuto agrees. And I remembered one more game, that's for sure ahead of its time - this is Sacrifice from David Perry (yes, he used to make cool games). a mix of strategy / RPG / action with a very stylish plot and great setting.

But Anachronox, for example, was just mega-cool, but very outdated, like Strife and many other games. that's why they failed.

subtle task is given in the original post, subtle, [b] Everyone's beloved and respected [/ b], thanks!