3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
frukt 28.07.21 11:59 pm

Wii Sports Resort

Apparently, at the forum not many people joined this business, since Temka has not yet been opened. I've been testing Nin's new sports "mini-games" for several days already (although the word "mini" is not very appropriate here, since some of them are quite worthy of separate games - just add modes without changing anything in the gameplay) and share my impressions.

In general - I will repeat the phrase that is common in igropress - the resort is what was expected from the nin at the start of the vii, honest tracking of the player's movements, and not just fixing the swings. I will not deceive and say that the work of M + is impeccable, but despite this, the possibilities of a mote with an accessory and the collection itself are impressive. There are alignment / calibration issues that often result in tracking failures. Sometimes it's unnerving. However, in the absence of these problems, M + gives almost 1-to-1 tracking of movements in most toys.

There are 12 of them in a set, usually two or three versions of the game, and that we get more than 20 of the most different modes.

I have tasted almost everything properly, ignoring only "cycling" (due to the delusional nature of the idea itself and the desire to even try), "dogfight" - "air sports" mode and frisbee. I will briefly tell you about everything else:

[b] Fencing [/ b] - in this case, something like one oriental fun (I don’t remember exactly the name of this art), when rivals, dressed in protective vests and masks, beat each other with sticks. The goal is to throw the enemy into the water from a large platform raised to a height.
The weapon completely repeats the movements of the Wiimout. Button B - the one under the index finger - determines the stance, defensive or attacking. As in boxing from the first vii sports, when playing with a strong opponent, a minimum of confusion in actions is the key to success. In general, if you dreamed of real fights with Jedi swords - this is how they should look, adjusted for the glow of the weapon and severed limbs)
Three game modes - a duel, the rules of which I briefly mentioned, chopping objects for speed and dismantling with many opponents at the same time. But the duels dragged me in so much that I didn't play the rest.

[b] Wakeboarding [/ b] (this is how the name of this species is written on the box, as in the game - I don’t remember) - like other water sports in the resort, this one disappointed me a little. Mainly claims in the physics of water - it is almost none. The point of the action is to make dizzying jumps on the board at a good speed, being attached to the boat. The moat is kept horizontally, tilting it, we determine the turns, a sharp turn towards a small wave = jump. I will not say more - I didn’t play much.

[b] Archery [/ b] - for some reason this particular type was especially fond of the public. I liked him - but in moderation. We need a wash and a nunchaku, while the wash is held vertically with the A button to the face, depicting an arc, and the nunchak is like a bowstring that we pull by holding the Z button and moving the nunchak towards us. Let go of Z - and an arrow flies out. Aiming the bow in this manner is quite convenient and is accurately tracked. We shoot corrected for wind, obstacles and target movement. There are three levels of difficulty and more than ten locations.

[b] Golf [/ b] - migrated from the previous part. Now there are as many as 18 holes / courses (including 9 from the first Wii sports), the set of clubs available has also been expanded. The gaming device has hardly changed - although it has become a little more complicated. Thanks to M +, we added tracking of the rotation of the club on impact - which gives a little more control over the ball. As much as I liked golf in Wii sports, I also like it in a resort. I repeat - there are not many differences.

[b] Basketball [/ b] is one of my favorites. We hold the wash with one hand. The swing lifts our player into the air, and the wrist motion sends the ball into the basket. Everything is extremely intuitive, accurate and even a little like the truth))
Two modes: three-point throws - we try to throw as many balls as possible for a while, and a basketball game is a kind of three-on-three streetball. The second mode is the coolest for my taste. Player control is extremely simple, only moat is involved. Button A and crossbar - transfers, movement with a moot - dribbling, sudden movement - an attempt to take away the ball, swing - a jump in order to block the opponent. The technique of throwing, of course, is still the same, only you still need to hold down B to switch to the "mode" of the jump.
Great and very addictive.

[b] Table tennis [/ b] - in my opinion the best kind in the set. Compared to it, tennis from the original Wii Sports is childish. Finally - honest and very accurate tracking of the angles of inclination and rotation, positioning of the racket, finally thanks to this we get full control over the virtual ball. The force of rotation, and the force of impact, the sharpness of the angle of incidence, rolls, undercuts, twists, smashes, stands, serves with rotation vary - all this can now be performed. Moreover, of course, the execution of strikes was simplified to the extent that a real arrester technique is not required to tame a dashingly spun ball. As a result, we got an almost perfect balance between accessibility and depth, genuine technical and tactical diversity (I speak as a person who has been playing table tennis for a year, devoted much more time to it,
There are two modes - match and game, the purpose of which is simply to return the balls to the wrong side, setting records for the number of hits.

[b] Wave Race [/ b] - or rather its similarity in Wii sports. Again, the weak physics of water is not fun at all. I advise you to just run the Cuban Blue Storm - this is the case)) I will not talk about control - nothing remarkable. I played, of course, quite a bit.

[b] Canoeing [/ b] - mote - paddle. The tracking is pretty accurate. Strength, tilt - it all counts. We keep the speed and balance, enter the turns and overcome the track after track. Fascinatingly.
There are three difficulty levels - one opens after the other.

[b] Air sports [/ b] - I'll only talk about parachute jumping and flying over the island on an airplane.
In the first case, we jump out of the plane and make up various figures in the air with partners, as if "catching" them to ourselves. The tilt of your character's body fully matches the tilt of the Wiimout in any direction.
Flying an airplane is something like pilotwings. Beautiful landscapes, the opportunity to explore every corner of the vii sports resort scene (several islands, where there is a huge recreation area, with beaches, tennis courts, golf courses, bike trails and much more - to which the vii sports resort toys are dedicated). The flight lasts five minutes, the goal is to find and collect information badges with information about a particular location. With every dozen of the collected icons, some new possibilities open up. The airplane is controlled easily and intuitively. The tilt of the wings and body follows the tilt of the mote.

Everything about the species.
I will also add that the resort has a system of records and achievements. Naturally, most of the modes support multiplayer (which I have not been able to test yet, because even for games where only one wash for two is required, I have no partner). Well, and mission integration - you can't do without it))
A few words about the graphics - it's excellent. The toy is graphically simple, but the picture is so bright, colorful, neat and clean - textures, models, their quantity and variety - that simply cannot but please the eye.
Well, and the last - about the causality / complexity, if anyone cares about it. Opponents are matched according to the player's current rating. Rating points are gained / deducted depending on victories / defeats over / from opponents of different strengths. It is not very difficult to reach the "pro" rating (over 1000) points. But then the real hardcore and challenge begins - with a very competent and fast AI game. Upon reaching 1450-1500 points, it is proposed to meet with the champion. The table tennis champion, for example, is a rival that everyone breaks their teeth about, and few achieve victory after dozens of fruitless attempts. Judge for yourself.

In my opinion, the game is fair 8.5 points. Press assessments are also somewhere in this area.

P.S. Finally, I propose a couple of videos of my favorite type: unsuccessful and successful meetings with the champion)

[youtube] http://youtube.com/watch?v=EBSq4tNmO1w [/ youtube]

[youtube] http://youtube.com/watch?v=v-xDteeuhqk [/ youtube]

If you have any questions (about the game or M +), if possible I will answer - with pleasure :)
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 28.07.21

I've only heard good things about it. Want to buy. Most of all, air sports are of interest.

O
Old_Sold 28.07.21

Cool cho, only 15 pieces are worth: dfsk:

v
vodafon 28.07.21

bought for 23 pounds
[b] frukt [/ b], we will have fights soon: trollface:

O
Old_Sold 28.07.21

I bought it back in May, my brother plays basketball and fencing, a couple of hours were enough for me: trollface: