3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beloved and respected by 29.07.21 12:31 am

What is difficulty in games?

I recently asked this question because the complexity in the form in which I see it is that the character simply changes roles with opponents, that is, if the player is almost immortal and has crushing power on an easy-to-use basis, then on some kind of hard he is already unkillable opponents, and he dies with one blow, in which games we are deprived of all sorts of charms like radars, etc., but mind you, practically in more than one game, opponents do not become smarter, that's what I'm talking about, the behavior of opponents does not change from the level of difficulty, they only their power is blows, in the end, in order to pass even on hard, we just need to memorize their behavior and be more attentive to our character, so as not to shred again. There are many games, you can cite as an example the same Hitmans in relation to deprivation,
And at least in one game it happened that the complexity of the opponents really grew smarter, became more intelligent and cautious, because in all the game the honi were stupidly taken by the number and accuracy.
And what is the difficulty in the game in your understanding?
18 Comments
Sort by:
D
Darkiti 29.07.21

[b] Everyone's beloved and respected [/ b], play killzone 2, where the enemies grow wiser from the difficulty level.

R
Retrokun 29.07.21

[b] Everyone's favorite and respected [/ b], well, as a rule, there are more enemies on normal than on easy, on hard they become cooler, and so the degree of cheating of the computer depends on the complexity

l
life4fun 29.07.21

Athletes.

But in fact, in shooters, no one is hiding from anyone that the complexity only raises the accuracy and the number of opponents, but not the intellect.

A
Allmighty L 29.07.21

well, in all sorts of strategies, AIs are made more aggressive and smarter

R
Roman 29.07.21

The difficulty for me is when you end up hitting the floor, I don't really think about the consequences.

A
Ac! DBurn 29.07.21

[quote name = "Roman"] The difficulty for me is when you end up hitting the floor [/ quote]

this is an imbalance of the psyche,

but seriously, I can't define the complexity as cool, so I'll say that the difficulty is NG2, here

T
Timsonic 29.07.21

Difficulty for me is when you start, in addition to your skills to play, you include such a skill as swearing: agree: Moreover, the more difficult, the more selective and sophisticated mate: gigi:

I hate too complicated games (Ninja Geiden 1.2 for mi), they are only unnerving. But I also hate too light (Prince of Persia is the last), it gets boring.

I believe that all difficulties, at least up to hard, should be open.

With an increase in difficulty, indeed, power, HP and other attributes with parameters of opponents increase. But the AI ​​remains the same.
For example - Year of Thief. Enemies attack faster and sharper, this is not an AI, this is a script that tells them to hit painfully and quickly, without slowing down.

If a shooter, then the enemies shoot accurately, but this is not an AI smarter, but a script.

In FIAR, for example, the enemies on the normal were so "smart". We went around and all that. I haven't tried it on hard, but I feel that the AI ​​has remained the same, but the power of their shots was higher.

Hardly anyone will make the AI ​​smarter with increasing difficulty. For with such success, you can initially make the AI ​​smart, and not sweat it.

r
razgulnov 29.07.21

COD Classic ... Horror how difficult it is at the airfield against the planes. Not only do the enemies kill quickly, and the planes ram, and there are no first-aid kits nearby ((((((I swore very hard .. such a fucking old school I barely remember with a mouse), and with a pad now in general ..

q
qdash 29.07.21

It's hard for me to play shit. If the game is awesome, then it’s temporary difficulties. :)

X
XROSS 29.07.21

[b] Timsonic [/ b], [b] Roman [/ b], agree: gigi:

For me, the top of dibilism in Ranbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) Terrorist Hunt Mode

In the game, Bots differ in complexity not in accuracy or survivability, but in supersonic speeds and a blinder fire even without looking at the player :-D

And so in the NGS, the Master of Ninja liked the dark clones of Hayden ... they burn nirially, meaningfully they conduct a tactful struggle using all their arsenal and capabilities to the fullest, they did not cheat nirazu !!! It was a pleasure to fight with them

in KZ2 on the floor when the helgasts attacked the ship and we climbed the elevator ... and Tama climbed out of the capsule 5 helgasts ... 3 Grenades threw them at least henna :-D

t
toni 29.07.21

Complex games are shit and the helplessness of a game designer. If, in order to make the game interesting to play, you need to screw in the difficulty level - the game is shit.

L
Lexa 29.07.21

some games have a high level of difficulty (DMK, NG, Contra, etc.) it becomes even more interesting to play in them, it becomes

shooters IMHO it is not necessary at all, if you want hardcore - go to multi)

T
Timsonic 29.07.21

[b] XROSS [/ b],:
agree: "The storm covers the sky with obscenities": gigi:
[b] toni [/ b],
Uh-huh, that's right too)
[b] Lexa [/ b],
And you also speak the truth) )) But if the shooter is easy, then it's not interesting to play either. Challenge has not been canceled :)

L
Lexa 29.07.21

[b] Timsonic [/ b], well, yes, the current in CODE 5 was enraged that the enemies did not end until you went further)

T
Timsonic 29.07.21

[b] Lexa [/ b],
This is called "respawn": gigi: This is found in many shooters, in the CODE it is almost completely without it :)

g
grasa 29.07.21

monster hunter for example - the ideal of complexity from what I played

r
razgulnov 29.07.21

teenage mutant ninja turtles on still: gigi:

w
wu 29.07.21

In Kastlach, in my opinion, the ideal difficulty. The game should have a challenge, especially in action games.