3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reggie 29.07.21 12:37 am

3Dfx era

uh..that was the idea to ask tovarischey whether they found the era of games with the first publicly available hardware acceleration, in the face of the products of the late 3Dfx company? If so, what were the impressions, what games were especially memorable (and not necessarily with support for acceleration and other ), is there nostalgia for those wonderful times? : roll:
36 Comments
Sort by:
m
mr.Bubles 29.07.21

I remember there was a transfer "From the screw". So in it they told about the action of 3DFX using Quake2 as an example, showed the game with it and without it. With him, of course, it was cooler: mrgreen:

b
biblbrux 29.07.21

After I was shown the first Larka with a patch on 3dFX, the jaw was lying on the floor for a very long time. I then worked in a computer office, and they periodically brought new hardware to us ... A week later I bought myself this miracle, changed the old video (I don’t remember why, but it didn’t work with 3dFX), and how mad he was playing Larka without cubes and crumbling textures :) I was the first guy in the village, people turned on computers came to see me in droves :)

R
RIPPER12 29.07.21

I bought Diamond Monster 3D at the end of 97, for 11,000 rubles. Resident evil looked great under 3Dfx. :)

B
BlindGuard 29.07.21

[quote name = "mr.Bubles"] I remember there was a transfer "From the screw". So in it they told about the action of 3DFX using Quake2 as an example, showed the game with it and without it. With him, of course, it was cooler: mrgreen: [/ quote] Ha, I also remember this moment :)

I
IronDan 29.07.21

I remember the resident and karmageddon with the patch. I remember at first there was the first Monster, then the second.

g
ghostman 29.07.21

Alas, I did not find that happy time. Even my parents refused to buy NES for me.

R
Retrokun 29.07.21

[b] mr.Bubles [/ b], [b] BlindGuard [/ b], I also remember this very moment: wink:

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 1 minute 1 second: [/ size ] [/ color]

I don’t remember the era itself, then the prefix was either still sega MD2 or already the first Sonya

C
Cart_Man 29.07.21

I remember, I remember very well ...
I first bought Diamond Monster 3D, I even modd it (cooling fans), but the first Unreal with 3Dfx is a fairy tale in those days ... Those who have not seen will not understand.
After I bought Voodoo 3 3000 16mb, it was an awesome board at that time.
Then I saved up for Voodoo 5 - but 3Dfx fell apart, and fsё: sad: I
switched to ATI cards 8)

PS - After all this 3Dfx era, I have a permanent nickname Duke Nukem 3Dfx: razz:
[url = http: //gamercard.xbox.com /Duke%20Nukem%203Dfx.card%http://gamercard.xbox.com/Duke%20Nukem%203Dfx.card [/url] 8)

D
Daikatana 29.07.21

it was my "second" accelerator, probably even the first one, I don’t remember exactly at first there was nvidia riva 128, then there were a lot of glitches with it in games, changed to diamond monster, then it also passed because of the same drivers - on my 14 " monitor screen narrowed, changing the frequency of the 3dfx screen did not work, in the end I took the reference 3dfx with "normal" drivers. Then I used only S3 Savage 3d / 4 / 2000.
Now I have 3dfx voodoo 5 at home, and K7 QS, I hope to make a computer in the future.

C
Cart_Man 29.07.21

[b] Daikatana [/ b], Analogous, before 3Dfx I had S3 Virge 3D 4mb, in games with 3D acceleration there were such glitches ... but ... they played after all: D

t
tofad 29.07.21

when Dungeon Keeper 2 came out, it didn't start. I had to take a second voodoo. Then it started Quake3test: crazy:

and in the transfer From the screw I remember how they showed the work of the accelerator on the example of their images

D
Daikatana 29.07.21

[b] Cart_Man [/ b], I also had Virge: razz :, but it was not such a "fancy" single-board accelerator like Riva 128 - direct3d, a full-fledged opengl. games of course buggy polygon gap, gaps between textures, but it was fast. and 3dfx - the complete absence of glitches, although it was a little slower.
nostalgic page: [url = http: //www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/] http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/ [/ url]
here is a man's collection!

C
Cart_Man 29.07.21

[b] Daikatana [/ b], it's not a matter of sophistication, although by those standards he had 4MB of memory: razz:: razz:
It's about nostalgia .... Oh, what boxes are familiar to you from the link ... :)

b
biblbrux 29.07.21

My first voodoo is gathering dust somewhere. Do you want to blow off the dust ...: mrgreen:

R
Reggie 29.07.21

I remember when I first saw Türk and nfs2 special edition - I never experienced such emotions again !!! It was INCREDIBLE! The leap in visualization was amazing !!! I especially relished the splat pack of Karmageddon and the glide version of Blood !!! when there were these games, pc gaming ruled! still nice to remember the old years! play! : love: I still have Voodoo2-sometimes I run karma, unreal, nfs 2-3, turok (I keep for this wine98 and hardly found firewood for iron)

S
Strange 29.07.21

3DFx was a great company. And the era was just the same magical - after all, thanks to 3Dfx and its Voodoo, we have the good fortune to contemplate a picture without the pixels that had previously been wrapped around. In 1999, I bought a VooDoo3 3000 - it was just a mega card for this period, TNT2 tore up in a non-fancy way, although the fry suffered in the quality of processing. And what a wonderful thing Glide was - in general a fairy tale, the optimization of the kneshna steered immeasurably - Anril and NFS3 were simply incomparable.
In general, it's a pity that the company no longer exists ...

y
yuhan 29.07.21

And my first Woodda was some kind of built-in one ... I don't even remember what it was called (it was 16 meters). The year was like 97 ... I just got the N64, so after the M64 and BC only on Anrel I realized the whole thrill of this card ... and the whole "thrill" from 17 hours of gameplay in a row ...
Then there was a 32-meter Matrox which I still consider my favorite card.

R
Reggie 29.07.21

[b] Strange [/ b], you can’t tell more precisely !!!!!!!

T
TechnoWiz @ rd 29.07.21

I found an era, oh I will never forget when I switched from a Cirrus Logic 4 MB card to 3Dfx Voodoo Graphics, I remember on the disk there was still a demo of tombo rider 2 sharpened for 3Dfx, beautiful mlyn: roll: The difference was much more than, for example, the current transition to next gene: lol:
By the way, I still have a 3Dfx Voodoo 4500 card lying around, I drive it in the PSX emulator, more Lewpy's Glide Plugin drives: lol:

S
Stalk_er 29.07.21

Class! : D