3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reggie 29.07.21 12:37 am

3Dfx era

uh..that was the idea to ask tovarischey whether they found the era of games with the first publicly available hardware acceleration, in the face of the products of the late 3Dfx company? If so, what were the impressions, what games were especially memorable (and not necessarily with support for acceleration and other ), is there nostalgia for those wonderful times? : roll:
36 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cart_Man 29.07.21

[b] yuhan [/ b], Voodoo Rush ...

S
Strange 29.07.21

2 Cart_Man
Come on, 16 megs were current on Banshee and Voodoo3 ... On Rush it seems like a 4-8 maximum, and the card itself was by the way not very good .. In general, in 1997, cards with a footage of more than 4-8MB did not exist at all in nature , because the current-current came out Voodoo1 with 4MB on board ...

C
Cart_Man 29.07.21

[b] Strange [/ b], yes, yes, a little bit ... well, who does not happen to ...

S
Stalk_er 29.07.21

For me, in those years there was cocoa in games, magic, charm, the discovery of a new mysterious, and these videos of karate, perfectly decorated, this fairy tale, not like Wait.

R
Retrokun 29.07.21

[quote name = "mr.Bubles"] I remember there was a transfer "From the screw". So in it they told about the action of 3DFX using Quake2 as an example, showed the game with it and without it. With him, of course, it was cooler: mrgreen: [/ quote]

actually the same thing

I didn't have a computer at that time and I played either at school or at a party and whether 3dfx was there or not, I did not know

v
vic_one 29.07.21

After Wood and Rushes perished from the Savages and then from the Matroxes, and then the alternatives took a break and it became sad.

d
dburt 29.07.21

I found it. My first computer had 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 - only mountains and 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3500 were cooler. Well, I don't remember like 4000 or 4500. And then nVidia bought 3Dfx ...

P
Poodle_Eater 29.07.21

Selling voodoo2) vintage is expensive

S
SuperFedya 29.07.21

[quote] And then nVidia bought 3Dfx ... [/ quote]
and then they started to slow down and nvidia released a w-force. kada same 3dfx gave birth, there was already a faster GF2.

And then nvidia used the developments of 3dfx in her j-forces. and probably even in vain, because that moment they ati merged.

morality: no one needs the graph chips, the main thing is to put all the emphasis on speed.

R
Retrokun 29.07.21

I have riva tnt

M
Mower 29.07.21

There was a computer since 1993, but I don't remember about Zdfk, it was very small. there was a riva TNT 2 like, and immediately took a jifors 4 mx 440 or 400 l_L

C
Crimson moon 29.07.21

I missed the first voodoo, immediately switched to the second. and I will never forget the impression of the first launch of anril on it. it was something stunning at the time.

m
mjlame 29.07.21

Once at an exhibition I personally played on Voodoo 1 in Turk1, and immediately caught fire.
I have a Diamond Monster 4MB, the most top-end unit at one time, on Voodoo 1. It was awesome thing, it cost ~ 220 bucks then. But dad ubazaril. Glide was in charge then, there were simply no competitors.
As I recall to the count, it was just that there was such a significant difference.
I hacked with him in Turok1, Quake2, Hexen2, SpecOps, Unreal1, Carmageddon1 + splat pack, Extreme Assault, Resident Evil1, Nightmare Creatures1, Myth 1, Warhammer: Dark Omen ...
In general, it was a whole era of ubergraphics, and such a nastalgia .. ...

k
kykep 29.07.21

TNT2 pro I had in due time. oh, how fabulous it was to go to the first and second nfs =)

M
Metal max 29.07.21

There is a sacrificial Voodoo nailed to the wall by Samoan Max. 8)
Yes, if you look at video games now, then without "similar technology" games will look square, like without 3D-eff-x.

[Quote] and then they started to slow down and Nvidia released a z-force. kada same 3dfx gave birth, there was already a faster GF2 [/ quote]
There is another version, when the company was ruined from within by shareholders.
The developments went to GeForce FX - it inherited the last two letters from 3DFX. : razz:
Then came AT Radeon, who quietly finished nVidia.
But because they seem to be on a level (with varying degrees of success).

S
Stalk_er 29.07.21

I liked the graphics on FX, but the speed and price are not, ATI offered a lower price, and the quality of the graphics.