3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Forrest gump 31.07.21 01:08 pm

At what age can a child be allowed to play video games?

There is a nephew (3 years old). Likes to walk, to play, to help parents to do house cleaning and learn letters - good boy :)
[i] The existence of computer games does not know [/ i].

I've been thinking: play games, he will, in any case, because all his future friends will "do it" :) However, if you start it too late, you may get hooked in such a way that you can't tear off your ears - it will be harmful.
If you start too early, it can IMHO interfere with normal development, since the child must learn the world not through virtual reality, but through ordinary reality - again harm.

I think that we need to start introducing the child to games so that it does not make him a gambling addict. That is, to play, but know when to stop and not start confusing virtual reality with the real one (a very real danger for the emerging consciousness IMHO).

My considerations:
1) You need to start playing after the child learns to read - so that he can learn about fairy tales from books, and not from games. Otherwise, the motivation for reading may be lost: why read, if you can play at the same time.
2) You need to start playing right away with the best games - so that the taste is formed and then time is not wasted on garbage (which is the majority).
3) You need to play only children's games, no Quake, Doom, Vivisector: D and similar violence.

I invite fathers (literally :)), as well as uncles and grandfathers (if there are any;)) to share their thoughts on the topic, make a rating of the best children's games, etc.

I'm thinking: maybe buy a GameCube - they say all the best children's games out there?
Regarding the "educational" games: IMHO it's all bullshit - learning to read, write, consider it better by "old-fashioned" methods, and the entire market of educational programs for children rests on the desire of parents to teach children according to new, "fashionable", "progressive" methods. In fact, their usefulness was invented by the manufacturers of these programs in order to sell them :) [offtopic] As with vitamins in pills, food supplements, "quantum therapy devices", etc. [/ offtopic] [/ offtopic]
124 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kroha back 31.07.21

I fight and say that I’m not a father (and I hope not when I don’t become one in my life, so that product number 1 does not let me down)

at the age of 5-7, even before buying SP for me, I loved reading, cleaning around the house and stuff of the same type, but when buying the aforementioned item and a couple of games for it (Resident Evil 2. Soider Man) suddenly scored everything at once, on cleaning books, but this does not mean that I degraded and was fond only of games, I just killed a lot of time in them and that's it ...

now I am already studying at the university, God forbid, in a week I will be 18 years old, I have become less interested in games, except for Silent Hill, and then only in a scientific form, I like to read more about it: Lost Nenories, kamenty ...

so my IMHO, the later the child learns (AON ALWAYS LEARNS) about games, bodies are better for him, and teaching children 4 through educational games, thank God in my time, these have not yet progressed so much, this is not right ...

let it be better reading books

S
Segal 31.07.21

It's too early to play at three years old, but, IMHO, you can play a little bit: 10-15 minutes two or three times a week. This is how my son plays in Gran Turismo.

K
Kefka 31.07.21

[offtop] So, you are that Forest Gump from the trunk! [/ offtop]

Perhaps our attachment to games is due to the fact that we saw them for the first time at a fairly conscious age (about 9 years old) and the affection caused surprise. Perhaps, if you give to play mario from the age of three for three hours a week, then the child will not have much shock and attachment to games in the future.
I think we should wait until seven years, and then an hour a day every other day at most. At 13, you can already have shooters like Halo in the same doses. Horses start at the age of 15. Only high-quality, such as a resident, otherwise the teenager will already have misconceptions ...
Of the consoles, the GK specializes in this, that's right. But there are also quite a lot of platformers on PS2. And on the GC there are collections of non-traditional mini-games, such as those that have a positive effect on the development of logic, etc. PMSM, it's better to wait for the Nintendo revolution.

F
Forrest gump 31.07.21

[offtopic] C trunk, yes :) [/ offtopic]
[quote] Perhaps our attachment to games is due to the fact that we saw them for the first time at a fairly conscious age (about 9 years old) and the attachment caused surprise. [/ quote]
That's EXACTLY - I saw Xonix on Robotron at the age of 13, and it was a SHOCK !!!

They say that kids today aren't as surprised at games as we are (I'm still amazed at every graphic improvement).

IMHO those who start their acquaintance with games from Stalker, you will not surprise with ANYTHING.

S
StrikerX 31.07.21

2Kefka
[quote] conscious age (9 years) [/ quote]
1. There is one BUT, the child will go to school at 7 years old, all peers will talk about games (and it is about GTA), and your child will begin to develop an inferiority complex :)
Therefore, it is necessary from the age of five in large doses ... of a tough character ...

2Segal
I wonder how your child looks at you? You play a lot ... Close the door and start doing your own thing?

Shl. I am seventeen years old, I started playing on my computer with karmageddon 2 (fun beginning :)) In due time, I went through all the GTA, manhant, all the action games, well, all that. And he began to play when he was 5, although at first I had a strange prefix - a tape recorder + keyboard.

I am ill?

K
Kroha back 31.07.21

[quote name = "StrikerX"]
2Segal
I wonder how your child looks at you? You play a lot ... Close the door and start doing your own thing?
[/ quote]

rzhunimagu, fdisatke: rotfl:

litter for offtopic

t
the end 31.07.21

I don't even know how old you are.
Games they wildly interfere with learning.
Probably, from 15-16 years old. : upset:

C
Chump 31.07.21

Nichrome. If a child has brains, etc., then he can be allowed to play, and if they are, uh, mowing in the wrong direction, let this child play postal 2 and manhant and in a month you will get a maniac :-D

[size = 75] Added Nov 18 2005, 1:04: [/ size]

[quote name = "the end"] I don't even know how old you are.
Probably, from 15-16 years old. : upset: [/ quote]
And they interfere with my sleep.

S
StrikerX 31.07.21

the end Quite the

opposite. Everything can be learned very quickly.

t
the end 31.07.21

[quote name = "Chump"] Nichrome. If a child has brains, etc., then he can be allowed to play, and if they are, uh, mowing in the wrong direction, let this child play postal 2 and manhant and in a month you will get a maniac :-D

[size = 75] Added Nov 18 2005, 1:04: [/ size]

[quote name = "the end"] I don't even know how old you are.
Probably, from 15-16 years old. : upset: [/ quote]
And they interfere with my sleep. [/ quote]
In-in, I also interfere with sleep , I once did not sleep because of MGS 3, I did not sleep for three nights.

* Olessia * 31.07.21

It depends on what inclinations the child has, and who better not to know, like parents! I believe that children should not be rigidly removed from games and given "game starvation" or banned altogether until a certain age, because the forbidden fruit is sweet and at 12-15 years old, at the first contact, it can demolish the tower with all the ensuing consequences. By "injecting" games to children in small doses, it is quite possible to make computer games a part of the educational and developmental process, along with books! Why not show a 5-year-old to Heroes 3.4? In general, I am in favor of developing a taste in children from an early age for GOOD games, and at the same time teaching them how to correctly distribute the ratio: time for computer games / time for reading books / for homework, etc.
And what to give to children and what not from games, it is already necessary for parents to think, but computer games in no case should be taboo.

S
Sonic Son'edith 31.07.21

[quote name = "Forrest Gump"] [offtopic] C trunk, yes :) [/ offtopic]
[quote] Perhaps our attachment to games is due to the fact that we saw them for the first time at a fairly conscious age (about 9 years old) and surprise aroused affection. [/ quote]
That's EXACTLY - I saw Xonix on Robotron at the age of 13, and it was a SHOCK !!!

They say that kids today aren't as surprised at games as we are (I'm still amazed at every graphic improvement).

IMHO those who begin their acquaintance with games from Stalker, you will not surprise with ANYTHING. [/ Quote]

I have been playing since 6 years old, the only game that shocked me was Silent Hill2: mrgreen:

as you can see, 100% player has grown out of me - it means what are you wrong about the shock ...

[size = 75] Added on Nov 18, 2005, 6:21 am: [/ size]

although, of course, if I had played postal at the age of 6, then who would have grown out of me: maniac:
so the question would rather look like this: what games from what age should children play. :)

K
Kroha back 31.07.21

and I have my first Resident Evil 2 game, and everything is fine, only I'm still afraid of the dark (not a joke)

T
Tropic 31.07.21

You can play some kind of cognitive games at the age of five. Now there are a lot of them.
And then at school, so that he does not have an inferiority complex, let him play games popular among his entourage. But again, in a small amount, otherwise he can hammer deeply into his studies. A measure is needed in everything.

t
the end 31.07.21

You cannot play that from any age. :)

S
Segal 31.07.21

[quote name = "StrikerX"] 2Segal
[/ quote]
I play cruel and scary games at night when he sleeps.

* Olessia * 31.07.21

[quote name = "the end"] You cannot play that from any age. :) [/ quote]

You can, just be careful: lamer:

-
-Mag 31.07.21

From any - the main thing is that a little. it is necessary not to prohibit but to carry away with other things - let him read books.

3 years - of course early!

B
Barrera 31.07.21

Since I am a father, they are accordingly spurred on a little in theoretical knowledge. :) So, a child's eyesight is formed up to 5 or 6 years old, I don't remember exactly, and if you abuse the TV monitor, then myopia may develop. This is not the fairy tales of doctors lizhba parents paid more attention to children and classes with them (and not put them near the monitor or TV set), this is a fact. So if you do not feel sorry for (HIS MORE!) The eyes of the child, then please. This is ONE.
Well, and the second aspect, respectively, what kind of games, it is not even necessarily bloodshed, just sharp and aggressive games are also not suitable.
And so I let my (3 years old, son) play both in tourism 4 and in CK2: oops:, it didn't even stick. Koroche my opinion before school and there is no need for him to do there, if only completely sensitive.

a
aladdin 31.07.21

my nephew is 5 years old. when he comes to visit me, he always asks me to play Sonya. He likes it, but he needs to see it: he presses the buttons chaotically, he finally doesn't understand the analogs, and at the same time he is constantly distracted by what is happening in the room. Plays races - does not understand the rest. But "plays" - this is said with a stretch - he can drive into a wall and skid there for half an hour, until the car enters the highway, quickly moves across the road to another wall and skids there for half an hour - that is. the meaning of the game comes down to this)))) The
child wants to play, it can be seen, but lacks intelligence How to Play!