3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FoxHounder 06.08.21 09:51 pm

Discovery of the year 2008

In contrast to the topic of disappointments in 2008, I would like to ask: which game did you unexpectedly enjoy the most in 2008?
What did you expect nothing special from, and the game ultimately surpassed all expectations?

Valkyria Chronicles turned out to be such a game for me. I would say that we have witnessed the birth of a new era of FFT - a very interesting and well-thought-out tactical game. There is also Japanese gunpowder in SEGA's powder flasks!
62 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lucky N 06.08.21

+1 to Valkyria Chronicles. As already in one topic and said, for me PS3 GOTY 2008 - MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles.
Everything else either as expected pleased, or unexpectedly disappointed ...
SEGA is great. : up:
We are waiting for Yakuza 3.

q
qdash 06.08.21

Dead Space, of course. I didn't expect a game of THIS level from EA. Excellent action horror game.

Left 4 Dead follows. I used to think that the game would be dull shit. I haven't checked it out yet.

Well, that's all.

Valkyria Chronicles is a good thing, but for me it is absolutely not a revelation, in my opinion SUCH games should be released much more often. Games like Infinite Undiscovery are abnormal in principle.

S
Shen. 06.08.21

Dead Space. Absolutely not interested in the game until the release. Then he spontaneously came to the store and bought it. I was pleasantly surprised by the content.
And of course Braid. Today I will buy the full version)

T
TomWert 06.08.21

Dead Space, I thought that there would be a maximum of the middle peasant, but in fact, while the game of the year, let's see how else the Prince of Persia will shoot 8)

M
Meatwad967 06.08.21

Dead space

q
qdash 06.08.21

[b] TomWert [/ b], just not to merge. There is no trust in Ubisoft.

T
TomWert 06.08.21

[b] [dD] [/ b], [quote] TomWert, just not to merge. [/ quote]
spit and knock on wood: lol:

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 41 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote] Ubisoft no trust. [/ quote]
And EA was trust? : gigi:

q
qdash 06.08.21

Yes, both offices do not have the same trust. EA won with Mirror's Edge and NFS Undercover, too. Personally, after the release of Dead Space, I was a little too hopeful that EA will now have good games coming out. How good the screenshots were. :)

N
Nazi 06.08.21

I consider Dead Space to be the discovery of the year (Valkyrie has not yet been seen with my own eyes).
The concept of a new prince seemed like shit from the very beginning, FyH only confirmed doubts: [url = http: //fxigr.livejournal.com/893124.html] http://fxigr.livejournal.com/893124.html [/ url]

d
dstn 06.08.21

Braid. The unknown, made "on the knee" game turned out to be at least one of the best games of the year.

o
old_osam 06.08.21

Prince 3

B
Big boss 06.08.21

for me, too, Dead Space was a discovery. Great game

F
FreeFCA 06.08.21

Braid and to a lesser extent DeadSpace.
I believed in DS from the first teaser.

Moreover, I confused DeadSpace with the first concept of the dark sector, lol.

(
(ck) 06.08.21

Dead Space is a pleasant surprise. In general, something is changing in the world - Square begins to make medium-sized JRPGs and release some PC projects like some SEGA, and EA has developed and released a game that can easily compete for the title of the game of the year. Of course, this does not mean anything yet.

F
Fat ninja 06.08.21

left4dead, I didn't expect anything from this game, but it turned out very cool.

G
Guest 06.08.21

Grandfather Space ... opening
Valkyrie - in the category "Exceeded all expectations"

D
Dan4MerC 06.08.21

But I believed in did space right after the first videos, I knew that it wouldn't be a trash: razz:

So far, for me, the opening of the year is a prince, let's see what happens in the end, I really believe in the new game

d
dburt 06.08.21

Bringing something really new to established genres isn't easy, but the guys at Dice did it. Therefore, my choice is Mirror's Edge.

F
FoxHounder 06.08.21

By the way, Dead Space is a good candidate - at first I was sure that "EA + RE4 rip-off + Dark Sector" = "TRASH AS IT IS". And it turned out to be a very strong game, although I won't say that it really surprised me and hooked me, but the game is absolutely AAA-class.
I didn’t play Braid, unfortunately, I would have to buy points ...
But Left 4 Dead did not impress at all. She does not cling to me ...

v
vodafon 06.08.21

TWEWY p.with

what a half-hard you choose