3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Exost 06.08.21 11:02 pm

The most unusual games that have contributed to the industry

The most unusual or those that contributed to the industry or just liked it, I want to know .... Remember .....
Discworld on PS1, I don’t know, I just remember this quest - very atmospheric ..
Mor utopia is from ours, let the games and the curve IMHO, but very atmospheric, VERY atmospheric, I didn't get into more atmospheric ones, but I played a lot, in general, that's why I abandoned it, this game plunges me into melancholy for 3 days, and this is after 3-4 hours of playing ...
Clock Tower is the first super, the second Pts atmospheric and Pts Yaponito- The third part is pop and gibberish but this is IMHO ....
Resident is the first, what can I say, then it was the first ...
There was a game I will be very grateful if you can help me remember, waking up at a station or space or underground, from cryo sleep and you have to get out ... Like a resident, there are puzzles and opponents, but there are fewer of them ....
She was on ps1.
Tenshu is the first and of course MEGA games Bushido Blade- I will sell both DOA and TEKKEN for it, but this is IMHO ....
There were a lot on the computer, like the old man and Varik and Daggerfall, but this is different ..
And there was also a game, there you play for casting and setting traps and punishing heroes (also forgot the name) - Japanese ..
32 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 06.08.21

No matter how trite it sounds, but Fallout, atmosphere and almost perfect balance of perks / skills.
MGS showed what an interactive film is, but this is IMHO.

A
ACE 06.08.21

My little list, maybe

Super Mario Bros forgot something :)
Tomb Raider and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Doom
Myst
The Legend of Kyrandia
The Longest Journey
Shenmue (I'm playing it right now, thanks to Fat Ninza :))
Final Fantasy 7
Vagrant Story
first Alone in the Dark
Fallout
The Elder Scrolls Arena
Baldur's Gate
IceWind Dale
Planescape: Torment
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Half Life
Half Life 2
Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament
Thief
Metal Gear Solid
Killer Instinct
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark
Ultima Online
Halo
Resident Evil 4
System Shock
Deus Ex
StarCraft

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 6 minutes 34 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

Little Big Adventure forgot

R
Retrokun 06.08.21

DOOM
final fantasy dragon quest as the founders of jrpg
metal gear solid
alone in the dark. resident evil
price of persia
zelda
dune
war craft
diablo
fallout
might s and magic
heroes of m & m
brocken sword
galaga., mario, sonic
shenmue

d
dobrogelatel 06.08.21

The sims

X
Xenosag 06.08.21

Shenmue

X
Xapgpok 06.08.21

I propose to write not only the names of the games, but also what was their contribution.

MUDs - online RPG
Rogue - pioneer of Rogue-style games
Dune 2 - RTS
Wolfenstein 3D - FPS
MGS - stealth
Quake & Descent - Full 3D FPS
Diablo - slash
addon for Duke Nukem - built-in bots
Total Annihilation - 3D RTS
Half-Life - revolution in FPS
And even to hell with all that was missed and forgotten =)
PS Not all ingenious games are a contribution to the development (which passed into degradation five years ago) of games. The same Starcraft, Doom, Morrowind, Fallout, Deus Ex - no matter how great they were, they did not bring anything new.

D
Dan4MerC 06.08.21

The Longest Journey
Fallout
Planescape: Torment
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Half Life
Half Life 2
Unreal Tournament
Thief
Halo
Resident Evil 4
System Shock
Deus Ex
StarCraft
Doom
Diablo
Silent Hill
Dune 2

S
Spriggan 06.08.21

Final Fantasy 1, 3, 7,
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2
Fallout
Resident Evil
Silent Hill 2
System Shock / Deus Ex
Shenmue
Grim Fandango
Oddworld: Abe's oddysey
Shadow of Memories
Fahrenheit
Okami
Kingdom Hearts

K
Kefka 06.08.21

the orderlies of the dungeons.

O
Orange 06.08.21

Tetris
Pekmen
Megamen
Battletoads
Supaflex
Lada Racing Club
Contra
MK
Double Dragon

X
Xapgpok 06.08.21

[b] Kefka [/ b], [b] orange [/ b], boogoga :-D

S
StopCloud 06.08.21

Okami
Shenmue
MGS 1,2,3
FF
RE
SotC

k
kor1fey 06.08.21

Doom
MGS 1
Okami
Shadow of the Colossus
Half-Life
Counter Strike
Heroes of M&M 1-3
Resident Evil 2
Vagrant Story
Diablo 1-2
Starcraft

M
Metal max 06.08.21

Half-Life, Golden Eye 007, Metal Slug, King of Fighters, Super Smash Bro, Battle City, Aero Fighters, Ninja Gaiden, Solitaire, Klondike

C
Cart_Man 06.08.21

Alone in the Dark is the beginning of the series of Survival Horror games!

X
Xopek 06.08.21

There are many such games, and each in its own way influenced the gaming industry ...
[b] Tetris [/ b] the world's first arcade puzzle ... before that no one managed to combine these two, perhaps almost incompatible genres, although the idea lay on the surface , look at speed chess, for example :)
[b] Mario [/ b] with this game the idea of ​​a platform game was born ... but [b] Sonic [/ b], for example, was just a clone of Mario, and had no influence on the industry rendered: razz:
[b] Doom [/ b] opened the world to the genre of 3D action games, in fact, the idea was earlier, but it was mainly developed by id itself ... only after Doom did people realize that these games can make huge bucks. ..
[b] Quake [/ b] with this game was born a universal love for 3D and a constant upgrade of iron in pursuit of megahertz ... and 2D games were so cute, but people liked 3D freaks from 100 polygons more: razz:
[b] Half -life [/ b] introduced into the genre of shooters, so to speak, Story-drive line ... the most powerful plot and scripting ... so to speak.

In fact, there are a lot of games that I considered only the development of shooters and the pillars of the genre, although now completely different games that change industry ... yes it's GTA3 which spawned a bunch of clones ... yes it's Sims, yes it's NFS: Underground 1 ...:?

M
Metal max 06.08.21

I also remembered the awesome thrash track - Heavy Metal FAKK 2!
[b] Xopek [/ b], NFS: Underground 1 - Midnight Club ???

E
Exost 06.08.21

And the most unusual games ... Non-standard ... ??
At one time ILLBLEED seemed to me an unusual project ... DREAMCAST

* Olessia * 06.08.21

Here are the games that, I think, will go down in the history of game development (I can forget something):

[b] TES series [/ b] - great games that set the bar for quality in the RPG genre;
[b] Might & Magic 6 [/ b] - a masterpiece RPG with the mechanics of playing a party of several characters, half-forgotten today;
[b] Omikron: The Nomad Soul [/ b] - a game that managed to take over the player on the other side of the screen;
[b] Fahrenheit [/ b] - interactive movie action, at the end you will cry;
[b] Half-Life [/ b] - for the first time showed that you can make a high-quality plot in FPS;
[b] Myst [/ b] - the standard of the click & point genre, which has spawned many clones, but has not been surpassed;
[b] War Craft [/ b] - perfectly balanced, the standard of the RTS genre;
[b] Heroes of Might & Magic 3 [/ b] - a game that has collected all the best from the previous parts, terribly addictive;
[b] Resident Evil series [/ b] - the best zombie games;
[b] Silent Hill series [/ b] - a game that showed that you can also scare with sounds;
[b] Diablo [/ b] - the standard of the hack & slash genre, they also tried to clone it, but nobody repeated the success of Diablo;
[b] Fallout [/ b] - brought a post-nuclear theme to games, only a few tried to repeat its success, attempts failed;
[b] Deus Ex [/ b] - an ideal cyberpunk action / RPG, no one has managed to repeat this so far;
[b] System Shok [/ b] - a game that goes far beyond the shooter, ideally combining elements of RPG and Horror, again unsurpassed so far;
[b] Thief series [/ b] - opened the world to a new genre - a thief simulator, no one surpassed;
[b] Hitman [/ b] - opened the world to a new genre - a simulator of a hired killer, better yet;
[b] Baldur's Gate [/ b] - a masterpiece, set the bar for quality computer RPG according to D&D rules;
[b] Dungeon Keeper [/ b] - an ingenious strategic mix, the game that first said: "it is good to be bad";
[b] The Sims [/ b] - an ingenious embodiment of the idea of ​​Tamagotchi on the PC;
[b] Sim City [/ b] - from now on, all city planning simulators looked exactly like this, the standard of the genre;
[b] Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption [/ b] - the best action / RPG about vampires;
[b] Mor.Utopia [/ b] is a mystery game, this has not been seen yet, and ours did it. A good start in an unknown direction.

R
Roa 06.08.21

there is only myst and tetris. the rest is husk

and you should not confuse games that changed genres and games that changed your attitude. smt: nocturne turned my mind upside down, but it did not become revolutionary because of this - the same with many of the listed games.