3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Koridor 06.08.21 11:16 pm

StarForce

I think this protection has ruined life for many. Licensors believe that this should help in the fight against piracy. Instead of turning on the igruhu, over enter this fucking CD-key. I feel this protection, they have increased the sales of pirates. Other methods are needed (not so gamoroy) gentlemen licensors. We vote !!!
54 Comments
Sort by:
R
Richy 06.08.21

Those companies that use key protection simply save money and do not want to pay extra 100 USD for StarForce Keyless. So this is not an argument. The argument is compatibility issues with some hardware.
But on the plus side (for developers and publishers) - try to find a pirated PSI-Ops or Sudeki, not so easy. Even those points that sell exclusively pirated products are forced to buy licensed versions of the above games because users demand.
PS You wait a little longer, EA will start to install StarForce world-wide, then, like it or not, the pirates will have to come up with something :-)

K
Koridor 06.08.21

StarFors is being broken, but the question is with time. Pirates need some time to do this, and even the most avid pirate buyers will buy a license. Here is an example: Cossacks and pirates broke for six months. After all, there are already programs for breaking StarFors :-D

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Koridor:

An error in terminology - StarForce is not broken, but bypassed. There is not a single recorded fact of hacking the current version of StarForce. The only way is to replace the .exe file with an unprotected one (stolen from the developers or pulled from some unprotected regional version of the game) or bypass protection using programs like StarFuck (which, in fact, creates a virtual image of the protected disk on the player's HDD). Moreover, only the first method allows industrial piracy - before the appearance of an unprotected .exe file somewhere, there is no mass piracy. Look at the same PSI-Ops, Sudeki or I-Ninja.

K
Koridor 06.08.21

Most importantly, more and more firms are using StarFors. I don't even know if it's good or not. But I voted for Yes well, it nafig. All the same, the consumer should not impose this protection: clever:

PS EA not when will not use the SF. The reason is the mass buyer of their products will not understand

F
Fat ninja 06.08.21

> EA not when will not use the SF. The reason is the mass buyer of their products, do not understand the
meaning? like their clients buy games one for three chtol?

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Koridor: Wait

and see :-)

D
Digger 06.08.21

This nonsense is Starforce, it was bypassed in all the games that I played. And many times I had a hemorrhage with her, the space rangers did not start, I had to take the CD from my brother :(, then the disk for some reason stopped reading after a certain time and tdtdtddtdtdtdtdtdtd Definitely against!

M
Moty 06.08.21

[Quote] This nonsense is Starforce, it was bypassed in all the games that I played [/ quote] Well, yes: lol: if only it was not bypassed, you would not play these games.

In general, I myself am waiting when they will find how to get around the 3rd StarFors :(

B
Berlin 06.08.21

: evil: Needed. Definitely needed, but on crap, to bypass ten years. I'm not an enemy to myself and I buy pirated proven, but I want the developers who make games for us to receive at least a minimum of money for new developments.

S
StrikerX 06.08.21

How to make a mini image? Then, though with a crap, you can play :)

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "Berlin"]: evil: Needed. Definitely needed, but on crap, to bypass ten years. I'm not an enemy to myself and I buy proven pirated, but I want the developers who make games for us to receive at least a minimum of money for new developments. [/ Quote]
And developed and from America row big money. Our market does not play a special role for them. In general, I think our piracy is the answer to snickering capitalists. So that life does not seem like honey :-D

B
Br.Des 06.08.21

With the quality of pirated translations that was more than five years ago, Starforce was not needed. Now I wholeheartedly support its dissemination. It's better to buy normal licensed products than the crap that pirates stuff us with. Tell me, when was the last time you saw pirates release some game with a translation at the licensed level, and, in addition, not fully castrated? So these freaks need it, that's what I'll say. Starforce rules!
[Quote] And many times I had hemorrhoids with her, the space rangers did not start, I had to take the CD from my brother, then the disk for some reason stopped being read through a certain. time and tdtdtdtdtdtdtdtd Definitely against! [/ quote]
I remember that the conversation about purely technical harm from Starforce has already been raised somewhere. We came to the conclusion that it breaks the drives, stops all the coolers in the case and does something very terrible with the speakers and the mouse pad. Let's go without delirium, people.

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Br.Des & Berlin: I

support. If StarForce is evil, then it is necessary.

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "Richy"] 2 Br.Des & Berlin:

Supported. If StarForce is evil, then it is necessary. [/ Quote]
Like America :-D

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Koridor:

Well yes. If not for America, what would we be playing now? :-)

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "Richy"] 2 Koridor:

Well yes. If not for America, what would we be playing now? : -) [/ quote]
This is of course yes. But by the way, Europeans and Japanese make a lot of games too :-D

B
Berlin 06.08.21

Koridor- and if only you made games, and what kind of freaks steal your ideas and money? Every work must be paid.

U
Urza 06.08.21

I read here what horrors happen to people, because of Starforce, I was already trembling. I somehow don't give a damn, I buy a game, play it, then give it to friends, and no problem. And so yes, I agree with Berlin

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Urza: Well

, I played it myself - give it to a friend. The cheapest and most honest option. A friend at this time can play something else and not break off completely - we exchanged games and everyone is happy.

S
Segal 06.08.21

I have never had any problems with Starforce. There was a problem with games in which the key was written directly on the disk - it was lazy to take out the disk one more time to enter the code :)