3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DrLeo 06.08.21 11:24 pm

We translate games, join us!

I have always wondered why the rather popular GameCube does not translate games. And on the same PlayStation 2, many hits remain untranslated into our native language. In addition, our pirates can translate the game so that it would be better to complete the game in English without knowing it at all than with SUCH translation.

In addition to these 2 consoles, there are also a whole bunch of gaming platforms that have untranslated masterpieces. All the more so soon the next gens will come to us, the games on which will be translated oh, how long it will take. This matter needs to be corrected. "What for?" - you ask. And then, that in our country there are a lot, perhaps even most of the gamers, either do not know English at all, or they know it, but bad enough to play games in English and understand the plot. If you don't want to translate for yourself, then think about others. Almost every person who does not speak English has a good reason. I believe that it is necessary to help such people. In addition, many do not buy this or that console just because the games are not translated on it.

Many of us buy a license and are proud of it, because help developers by paying for their work. Now is the time to start helping the poor gamers who are going through the game and do not understand what the dialogues are about and what is the point in general. Thus, you will not only help our gamers, but also increase the popularity of the console in Russia. And, I think, it's not very pleasant to strain staring at another long dialogue, trying to translate it, and the game, as a rule, is not limited to a couple of such dialogues.

You will translate one game by wasting your precious time on it, and in the meantime, people will translate another. Therefore, you will no longer need to translate it, but only play and read the already translated text. So you also work for yourself.

Best of all, you don't need to translate the entire game. The text of each game will be divided into small chapters, which will not be translated by you alone. Now the most important thing is to get together and organize a group of translators. What is a pair of translators is nothing. And together we are strength. The more of us, the faster we will translate the game. And the faster we translate the game, the faster we will translate another.

So don't be lazy and try to cooperate with us. At first it will be difficult, but as soon as there are enough translators, everything will go like clockwork. We appreciate every person who wants to help. Even if you don't know English very well, you can still help, even translating a very scanty and light text. Don't be lazy and join us. We are waiting for you!

-----

More details on the site [url = http: //www.gamestranslate.boom.ru] www.gamestranslate.boom.ru [/ url]

-----

Big request to the administration of the forum: Make this topic "Important". Yes, this is an advertisement. BUT this project is VERY important and it does not bring any material benefit, everything is done for the benefit of gamers.
20 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dimasius 06.08.21

so what, I will secret a part of the game, someone else is a part, in the end the whole game will be translated, iiii ...
you put the translation on the site and people will go online and look for where they didn’t understand. .. (not everyone has an Internet)
or you will cooperate with pirates, somehow getting their fresh games faster and translating them while the pirate pipeline is not running yet, besides, you may not be able to upload the entire text, because for text frames are set (that's why such nonsense is sometimes written in translated games) it is easier to hammer on everyone and play the original (I will agree with the pirates the quality of the translated text is limping on two legs)

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

[quote] so what, I’m going to translate part of the game, someone else’s part, in the end the whole game will be translated, iiii ......
you put the translation on the site and people playing will go to the Internet and look for where they are did not understand ... (not everyone has an Internet) [/ quote]
The project is designed for those people who have an Internet. Note that most konsolschikov have a computer, or they periodically climb out to the Internet from some club. So the person in need will find and download the translation 100%.

[quote] or you will cooperate with pirates, somehow getting their fresh games faster and translating them while the pirate pipeline is not yet running, besides, you may not be able to upload the entire text, because there are frames for the text (therefore translated games sometimes written such nonsense) [/ quote]
No. We have not cooperated with pirates and will not cooperate. We post all translations for free.

[quote] it is easier to hammer at everyone and play the original [/ quote]
That's why I decided to create this project. Many people think so: "Why am I going to be hemorrhagic, I'd rather forget about everything." It is not right. You should at least try. And if it doesn't work out, it's never too late to score.

b
biblbrux 06.08.21

IMHO translation, broken into a bunch of small parts, and translated by a bunch of non-professionals will, to put it mildly, smell. There will not be many differences from pirate rusEfEcali due to different levels of knowledge [i] of a foreign [/ i] language, different levels of knowledge [i] of a native [/ i] language, and a different level of knowledge [i] of a literary [/ i] language from an army of volunteer translators.
IMHO.

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

[Quote] IMHO translation, broken into a bunch of small parts, and translated by a bunch of non-professionals will, to put it mildly, smell. There will not be many differences from pirate rusEfEkali due to the different levels of knowledge of a foreign language, different levels of knowledge of the native language, and different levels of knowledge of the literary language among the army of volunteer translators. [/ quote]
Do you think that someone will come in, translate the text in 2 minutes in the prompt, post it, and we will leave it that way and say: "Better than nothing!"? You're wrong. We first check the translations and edit them. And I will never lay out a leftist.

j
just for fun 06.08.21

An unviable idea - the project is long-term, while you translate the game, there is a high probability that an official localization will be released. and everyone who wanted to will already play the game. In general, for those who do not fumble in English, pirates with a crooked translation are released. I personally play in English and feel fine :)

[size = 75] Added on 06 Feb 2006, 18:54: [/ size]

And the idea will not work because people who know the language have to translate. These people, in turn, play in the original and they do not need this translation. I think that there are few altruists who would want to translate a game that has long been passed in order for some "Vasya Pupkin" to play on the "great and mighty" :)

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

In short, hwa flood. If you don’t want to translate, you don’t want to continue. Those who wish to take part in the project will accept.
And if you have never met high-quality fan translations for fans, then go to the site [url = http: //www.kage.orc.ru] www.kage.orc.ru [/ url] There is a GIANT archive of free anime translations. Fans who know English very well translated, and even now they translate anime and VERY quickly. Why is this not possible with the translation of games? Moreover, nowadays there are quite a lot of people who want to translate, and the site has only been online for the first day. So think about it.

j
just for fun 06.08.21

Also: do you have a programmer who can gut the game to remove all the text from it, and then shove it back? And finally, what game are you going to translate?

D
Dimasius 06.08.21

they post the translation on the website .....

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

[quote] Do you have a programmer who can gut the game to remove all the text from it, and then shove it back? Yes, finally - what game are you going to translate? [/ Quote]
People, I can't answer everyone. You have no idea how many people on different forums ask this over and over again. Just go to the site and look at the finished translations and the ones that are being worked on. And if you want to sign up for translators, then go to the forum. Link on the site. For really important questions, please contact me for soap.

F
Fuz 06.08.21

can i try for

j
just for fun 06.08.21

Well, I'll try. I wonder what will come of it? :)

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

HURRAH!!! The project is alive again! We are waiting for everyone who wants to help (and not only with translations). Thank you all and good luck!

O
OGGIS 06.08.21

[b] DrLeo [/ b], so I don’t understand, are you a pirate? : mrgreen:

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

/ DrLeo, I don’t understand, are you a pirate? /
No. Why do you think so?

O
OGGIS 06.08.21

No, I read through the lines. Now I understand

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

ATTENTION!!! The GamesTranslate forum has opened, and work has begun on translating several games. There is a recruitment of people as assistants. So do not be lazy and visit [url = http: //gamestranslate.ucoz.ru/forum] http://gamestranslate.ucoz.ru/forum [/ url]

For those who have forgotten - our site: [url = http: //www.gamestranslate.boom.ru:5www.gamestranslate.boom.ru [/url]

Also on the site you can download 100% ready-made translations of the following games:
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Outbreak
Xenosaga
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

t
the end 06.08.21

I don’t think it’s easy to translate the game, it will take so much energy and time, why do it at all? :)

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

For Russian gamers who do not know English, for friends who do not know English, for themselves in the end!

A
Aziphov 06.08.21

yes, well done. and there will be a translation of the final x-2?

D
DrLeo 06.08.21

/ yes, well done. Will there be a translation of the final x-2? /
Depends on whether someone starts it or not. In the meantime, he is not in our plans. Moreover, there is a more or less tolerable pirated translation of this game.