3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MaddoG 06.08.21 11:40 pm

Pearls

Who knows what pens of localizers - write ... It is advisable to write an English phrase next to it in order to cut through the joke ...

27 Comments
Sort by:
M
MaddoG 06.08.21

Here is Baldurs Gate, the first I had a Fargus one ... I sobbed with laughter ... There are such pearls ... Well, at least the fact that the subtitles absolutely do not coincide with the voice acting ... Or how do you say the phrase: "I certainly don't understand how you do it, but the lace is good in moderation ": rotfl: I don't know how it sounded in English, but I'm afraid to find out, because I'm going to die laughing ...: arrow:

R
Rincefire 06.08.21

I think jokes like "sword-bastard" will surprise no one ...

joke from 7wolf Icewind 2 - I found an onion, which in its features says "one and a half times longer than any other" and not a word more :)

From the same place

I run past the guard - he says

"With you on our side, the horde will fall!"

who is going to have me? : twisted:

D
Devastator 06.08.21

Yes Yes! : D

I remember this fucking translation from Gothic II.

Unfortunately, now there is no one file with me, but nothing - I'll correct tomorrow :) But how did they manage to call the bastard a sword of monsters ?!

B
BlindGuard 06.08.21

I remember in the localized Ghost Recon the phrase "Lock'n'Load" was translated as "Lock and Load" (c): rotfl:

S
Segal 06.08.21

I remember in the localized Ghost Recon the phrase "Lock'n'Load" was translated as "Lock and Load" (c): rotfl: From the same place - the soldiers say "Took the weapon" when they see any armored vehicles :)

M
MaddoG 06.08.21

From igruha Broken Land, "localized" by Russobit

: rotfl: Priest of the Devils

: rotfl: ... fought in a tough fight ... (can you fight not in a fight? and even in a soft one ...)

: rotfl: ... you can use the space bar ...

: rotfl: cemetery of the immortals

: rotfl: parasites are living things parasitized by beetles that do not think about the meaning of life

: rotfl: elderly zombies

:-D Lol

M
Metadron 06.08.21

Vampire-pered sxvatkoy s vudlakov kristof givorit -You are not right

Okazalos' You'r not rig: rotfl:

y
yevgenius 06.08.21

In the installation of the WarBirds game, the “Finish” button was translated as “Finish”. : rotfl: I wonder what was on the translator's mind.

M
Metadron 06.08.21

Myst 3-turn the pan to the right then go further and turn the pan again.

It was written in Saavedro's book of the main villain

but in general it was like this

Turn the propeller to the right, go up a little and turn another propeller, and then you will launch the derezable.

M
Mercykiller 06.08.21

Freelancer by unknown:

Press Specebar for freeflight, which originally sounds like Press Specebar for freeflight. And one more example of Stylus translation, this time PlaneScape: the main character is One without a name.

MaddoG & Rincefire

Welcome back! : beer:

L
Leider 06.08.21

I found it, by chance, a friend had a DVDshka with Silent Hill 3 lying around, well, and there it is))
"Daughter went home alone, and on the way the old detective took her into the kingdom of darkness, with one stick she clears the way to dad, who was taken by the forces of zombies, creatures , making her way through the ruins of her mind, she will find the truth, who destroyed the world "
Everything, but comments, I'm going to play ...

m
max-max 06.08.21

Shenmuie on Dc by Kudos is a big thing. Play all mostly voice acting.
eg: (in a murdered voice)
-Hey Tom (hot dog salesman)
-Hi rio. How about a dog ??

W
Wildduck 06.08.21

Translation of GTA San Andreas))))) I did not play it, but a friend told me that lifting dumbbells was called "rape" or something like that. In the original, it sounded like rips, and not rapes at all)

J
JayDi 06.08.21

In the Shadow of Rome game, Julius Caesar was translated as Julius Caesar :) Although, this is Julius Caesar :) Also in the Rome: Total War game, where, due to not knowing historical terms, the translators changed the names of the units, etc. "as is" - it was also sometimes funny.

y
yuhan 06.08.21

"Cemetery of the Immortals"! Oh my God! Can anything really be "cooler" than this ?!

M
MaddoG 06.08.21

God, how nice to see one of my first topics ^ __ ^
I have, by the way, this magazine with the "cemetery of immortals" still lies

-
-Mag 06.08.21

probably no one will be surprised when save is translated as "to save")

D
Distorter 06.08.21

Do you want a treasure trove of translation jokes? Play pirate Dungeon Siege 2 in Russian. I will not quote, because there - EVERYTHING needs to be quoted ... but finally it's sad, not staryuzza nifika))

-
-Mag 06.08.21

[quote name = "Distorter"] Want a treasure trove of translation jokes? Play pirate Dungeon Siege 2 in Russian. I will not quote, because there - EVERYTHING needs to be quoted .... but finally it’s sad, not staryuzza nifika)) [/ quote]

this is not an example of jokes .... she was not translated at all . I saw her ... she is more buggy than possible)

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "max-max"] Shenmuie on Dc from Kudos is a big thing. Play mostly voice acting for everyone.
eg: (in a murdered voice)
-Hey Tom (hot dog seller)
-Hi rio. How about a dog ?? [/ quote] I
remember: mrgreen :. And the guys constantly got it with the phrase "Hey Rio, let's play baseball." And what a disgusting old ugly ninja's voice was ...: lovebeer: