3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archangel 06.08.21 11:48 pm

What gameplay elements ruined your game

I propose to write your own notes about what, in your opinion, spoiled the gameplay in the passed games.

For example:
[b] DOOM3 [/ b] when monsters bite, even the smallest ones, the screen jumps up unnaturally, which is very annoying, especially if it's a spider and now you need to lower your head down for a new shot. There is too much armor scattered throughout the level. If on a global level, then there is practically no open spaces.

[b] Painkiller [/ b] In my opinion, the atmosphere of the game could be MUCH richer, if not for the dynamic music, which always begins and ends with the monsters. It turns out that I always know for sure that I killed everyone. With such a level design and such a mesmerizing atmosphere, the gameplay process would be much more adrenaline-pumping if the music did not appear always, but only at the highest grossing moments. Leave the player a little bit of uncertainty - are they all dead? Remember the Opera level? What a cool background sound there, as if ghosts from another dimension are playing a performance and suddenly applause is heard ....
[b] True Crime Streets of LA [/ b] The ability to dodge bullets like arrows is too strong a step towards the arcade, which discouraged playing into such a childish game. thrown halfway through the game ...

[b] Battle field 1942 [/ b] IMHO - The same problem with shells. They fly like snot. Then of course you get used to it. All the same, you can't practically dodge, and the gameplay has become much more cartoonish. Mot is not this detail and there would be more players - me for example.

[b] Unreal Tournament [/ b] oh great and mighty dodging, created especially for hardcore players !!! (this is when a double-click on the key forward or backward or a step to the right / left makes a long jump in this direction) Well, why it was impossible to choose a special key instead of a double-click, by pressing which, this very jump is made in the direction in which the character is moving ? So tired of his false positives, especially when after that you have to fall somewhere, and it takes a lot of time. while I double-click, the character will lose in movement speed ... Of course, he will return it by jumping, but this is not the same if, as I suggest, no time losses!

I will remember again - I will add :)
73 Comments
Sort by:
* Olessia * 06.08.21

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines!

I prefer to play in the first person, but the impression is spoiled by the impossibility of fighting in the first person, the game itself jumps into the view from the third ((

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

In Space Rangers 2 they made it possible to connect only 4 artifacts, in the last part you can sabach them as much as you like!

h
headnoize 06.08.21

[quote name = "Archangel"]
[b] Unreal Tournament [/ b] oh great and powerful dodging, created especially for hardcore players !!! (this is when a double-click on the key forward or backward or a step to the right / left makes a long jump in this direction) Well, why it was impossible to choose a special key instead of a double-click, by pressing which, this very jump is made in the direction in which the character is moving ? So tired of his false positives, especially when after that you have to fall somewhere, and it takes a lot of time. while I double-click, the character will lose in movement speed ... Of course, he will return it by jumping, but this is no longer the same if, as I suggest, no time losses!
[/ quote]

[color = green] You are very wrong about the doji:
1. By chance, only lamers make doji. More or less experienced players have no problems with this.
2. Doji can be done absolutely without stopping and loss of speed, moreover, they SHOULD be done this way. Naroy what thread is an article about trix in UT and you will understand everything.
3. Doji is Anreal's calling card, the one and only feature.
4. Doji is the simplest thing a player should be able to do. The rest of the trix is ​​much more difficult. [/ color]

b
bratPetr 06.08.21

1.Respawn enemies from somewhere in the cleared areas: evil: (if it's in the order of things with the dead, then how can you explain the emergence of any kind of dirty trick out of nowhere, especially if there can be no trace of teleportation (for example, in the first Rainbow 6 in the mission on biolaboratory capture team "delta" behind the fighters out of nowhere, in the middle of the corridor, there were teroristy)
2.Krivye trigger.
3.Povtornoe walking on mileage level and the constant running from one end of the level to the other, to find the key, then open the lock, and then go back and hang it in place, especially if it is combined with paragraph 1m.
4. Harsh-handed developers of buggy games
5. Managers who force non-handed developers to throw out raw, unfinished products for sale.

K
Kay'L 669 06.08.21

In SH4, the game was spoiled by the lack of gameplay elements familiar to the series. The lack of a lantern, darkness, radio, normal inventory, and finally the absence of the city of Silent Hill. Yes, and these ghosts got it.

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

Star Ocean 3 (PS2) is overly pale, with weird dialogues that are an inconvenience to the combat system.
In general, I expected more from the toy ...:?
GranTurismo Tokyo-Geneva Concept (PS2) is not enough (only) ... for an addon. :(

N
Naked 06.08.21

I hate when they do something for a while, and even when this time is not displayed ... but just goes ... And suddenly - Hamover !!!

S
SnakZ 06.08.21

I totally agree with Kay'L about the fourth hill.
But the first thing that pissed me off about it - why the heck I had to do this arcade control: dn:

M
Molodnyak 06.08.21

[b] Half-life2 >>> [/ b]
Until_sikh_pore I can not forget how angry I was when these "helpers" in the face of the rebels did not want to obey and with stupid shouts like: "Follow Freeman!" rushed towards the laser guard beams: evil:.
Whoever played will understand: wink:

L
Leider 06.08.21

So: O great goddess of computer games! I ask you to make it so that no game developer in the world would ever come up with the idea of ​​making immortal monsters. Burn in hell, ideologues of SH 4 - The Room! Not a single creature took away so many nerve cells from me ...

Oh, well, I forgot: with such an inventory only go to the forest for mushrooms, when nothing but a knife and a bubble is needed ...

L
Lazy skeleton 06.08.21

Yeah, the gameplay of SH4 is bad enough, which cannot be said about RE4 8)
It seems that the gameplay flaws in RE4 are completely absent: P You can only find fault with trifles: a small number of bugs and the lack of "correct" shadows (I remember how was coolly done in RE0, RE remake: razz :), but this already refers to a few flaws in the graphics field, everything else is done at the highest level and most importantly, now all this splendor is played in a "fair" 3D space (down with static backgrounds ): D

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

While playing GTA SA, I noticed that my eyes were getting mucus ... It is too [i] bright [/ i]. But this is just an inconvenience, nothing more. : wink:

n
nTrophy 06.08.21

In GTA SA, I generally did not like the color scheme.

S
SnakZ 06.08.21

[quote name = "Lazy Skeleton"] Yeah, the gameplay of SH4 is bad enough, which cannot be said about RE4 8)
It seems that the gameplay flaws in RE4 are completely absent: P You can only find fault with little things: a small number of bugs and the lack of "correct" shadows (I remember how cool it was made in RE0, RE remake: razz :), but this already refers to a few flaws in the field of graphics, everything else is done at the highest level and most importantly, now all this splendor is played in "honest" 3D space (down with static backgrounds): D [/ quote]
Yes, I would have tolerated flaws in the graphics - but THIS ....

A
ARLe 06.08.21

Infuriates the limited intellect, whether it is a limited vocabulary, such as "what is needed" and "I can not help you", or paralysis when entering a door or blocking the passage. This is infuriating: evil:

L
Lazy skeleton 06.08.21

[quote name = "SnakZ"] Yes, I would have endured flaws in the graphics - but THIS .... [/ quote] And what's interesting is THIS ??? but the fact that the wrong shadows are primarily a payment for interactive gameplay in full 3D, not inherent in the previous parts of RE :)

[offtopic] In general, graphically, RE4 looks better than all other games that were released on different consoles of the current generation (even on x- mailbox did not see anything like this): razz: [/ offtopic]

N
Naked 06.08.21

Actually, the question was ... the elements of the gameplay ... Well, okay ... the
Prince ... who all the time tries to poke around ... gets p.da for this ... and falls on ... HORROR !!!
Also, by definition, I hate bosses ... This is nonsense !!! He has many lives ... He is strong ... And if the recording is onsol - go through the level again and again ... or like in a prince - memorize the video ...
RRR ... There were no bosses in the half (during second) and I'm happy ...

F
Fat ninja 06.08.21

[quote name = "MorLAN"] Star Ocean 3 (PS2) is too pale. It's strange dialogues, inconvenience caused by the combat system.
In general, I expected more from the toy ...:?
[/ quote] I
did not notice anything strange in the dialogues, but you generally made me laugh about the battle, if you don’t know, then, in fact, the battle is a key element of the gameplay of this din and the fact that complex battles does not mean that the battle is bad. then what's so inconvenient? I personally found a small flaw in ai's behavior regarding dodging attacks from opponents, but in general he acts very competently, for example, you can concentrate the power of the whole team on one enemy and chains of 50 hits are not a problem

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "Kay'L 669"] In SH4, the game was spoiled by the lack of gameplay elements familiar to the series. The lack of a lantern, darkness, radio, normal inventory, and finally the absence of the city of Silent Hill. Yes, and these ghosts got it. [/ Quote]

: agree: absolutely agree

A
Alex K. Kant 06.08.21

In NFS: U2 kills the fact that by the end of the game everyone is gone (opponents and competitions) Foolishly drives around the city where no one cares that you are so cool !!! EA just worked for us.