3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vodafon 08.08.21 12:54 am

Super mario sunshine

Since I did not find any topic related to Mario Sunshine .. created this one ..
So I am interested in your impressions of the game, what you think it turned out .. interesting and fun .., original .., ingenious., Or maybe even for you are uninteresting and boring .. ??
I attached a question to the topic., As the main measure of your depth of the game ..: wink:

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 1 hour 55 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

I collected 105 shines .. and then you can, in my opinion, still nadybat a couple ..
who is more?
78 Comments
Sort by:
T
TEDIZZZ 08.08.21

The game passed, there were about 90 shines, but as far as I remember after the 30th it was not interesting to play, since all levels had already opened, except for bonuses.

D
Di 08.08.21

Something around 80 shines.
The game gets very difficult towards the end, especially on the first playthrough. The whole point is in fact in the tricky "acrobatics", but when you figure out all the subtleties, the game becomes very pleasant.
And in general - a healthy colorful thing with an indescribable atmosphere of such an incessant Hawaiian holiday: crazy :))

v
vodafon 08.08.21

Yes .. with acrobatics there is a bit complicated of course ..: crazy:
I liked the game .. interesting, addictive, positive and funny ..! really., as if he himself visited Hawaii ..: razz:
PS someone in the survey, except me, replied that he collected more than 100 shines .. please unsubscribe .. who is a hero? (like me: mrgreen :)

T
TEDIZZZ 08.08.21

Personally, I was buried with Toko bonus levels (like in a psychiatric hospital and very similar to Mario64), the rest somehow suffered from the design, on n64 it was better.

D
Di 08.08.21

[
Quote ] Personally, I was buried with Toko bonus levels (like in a psychiatric hospital and very similar to Mario64), the rest somehow suffered from the design, I was better on n64.
[/ quote]

I do not agree. There was no such freedom in mario 64.
Provided the mastery of "acrobatics" in the Sunshine, you can immediately get to anywhere in the game world at almost any height. Straightaway. Except for the "floors" at the craziest heights (here you can't do without a special "firing" modification of the water cannon).
This freedom is both the main achievement and the main problem of designers at the same time. No matter how many different paths to Shine they have in mind, I can almost always find my own - unforeseen. They have given a lot of opportunities, and there are always plenty of "auxiliary" objects.
That's why you like the stages without a cannon - everything is strict there, and you can't really experiment.
The worlds of the game are magnificent both in appearance and in structure. The tasks are varied and interesting (what are the only red coins on the sand bird - this is a clear illustration of the capabilities of the "solar" mario). And do not forget that the "paths" to the shine, "laid" by designers, are always safer and more accurate, another thing is that they are far from always obvious, and it is tempting to experiment.

v
vodafon 08.08.21

[b] Ulyaoth [/ b], And how many shains did you collect? .. forgot to answer ..: razz:

D
Di 08.08.21

[quote]
Something around 80 shines.
[/ quote] I
don't remember exactly - I answered more than 85 ... somewhere like this: roll:

T
TEDIZZZ 08.08.21

[b] Ulyaoth [/ b], I didn't mean the structure of the levels, but how they are "drawn", the design. I did not like the theme of beaches and other lyabuda, although the water cannon is a very original find.

D
Di 08.08.21

[b] TEDIZZZ [/ b], [quote]
I did not mean the structure of the levels, but how they are "drawn", design. I did not like the theme of beaches and other lyabuda, although the water cannon is a very original find.
[/ quote]
Well, the concept of "design" includes both "structure" and "appearance".
I liked the design of the world.

r
rodion 08.08.21

Well, Mario 64 is still better than Sunshine, if only because he is the first real 3D platformer. Yes, and in Mario Sunshine, there is a terrible camera and in places terrible textures. And somewhere in the middle of the game there are terribly boring moments, but if you still overcome yourself and go through them, the game starts to please again. In general, despite all the shortcomings, this is another masterpiece, which, unfortunately, Miamoto did not devote so much time :(, as we would like.

A
ACE 08.08.21

now I'm playing it
how to understand where you can jump and where you can't? I just recently tried to get 8 shines in the monument at the very beginning (so far I have 10 shines) and jumped into the water and Mario died as if he had fallen into the limb: confused:

yes, by the way, I like the game very much, very fun and interesting despite the fact that it is frivolous and without a plot. very addicting
could not stop and played until the morning

A
ACE 08.08.21

I already have 13 Sunshines, I cleaned all 8 episodes in the monument, one episode in the port and did not clean anything on the island with three giant solar panels.

there are questions.

how to win a race in the port (episode 2) and what to do on the island with batteries. the sunshine is inside a glass bottle in the bar, from above the fan prevents the passage :?

R
Rem 08.08.21

[quote name = "ACE"], and what to do on the island with batteries? [/ quote]
I do not remember, but it seems it is necessary to water the plants on the beach and one of them will rise in the gate you want to go

D
Di 08.08.21

[b] ACE [/ b], [quote] how to win a race in the port (episode 2) and what to do on the island with batteries. Sunshine is inside a glass bottle in a bar, from above the fan prevents you from passing Confused [/ quote]

at the beginning of each "episode" a small video hint is given - watch it, and do not skip it - then it will be easier))

[quote] How to understand where you can jump and where not? I just recently tried to get 8 shines in the monument at the very beginning (so far I have 10 shines) and jumped into the water and Mario died as if he had fallen into the limb I don't understand
[/ quote]

you can always understand ... noticed. There are no moments in this game when mario "it is not clear why" suddenly dies))

[b] rodion [/ b],

[Quote] Well, Mario 64 is still better than Sunshine, at least because he is the first real 3D platformer. Yes, and in Mario Sunshine, there is a terrible camera and in places terrible textures. And somewhere in the middle of the game there are terribly boring moments, but if you still overcome yourself and go through them, then the game starts to please again. In general, despite all failures, it is another masterpiece, which unfortunately Miyamoto has given not so much time to disappoint, as I would like [/ quote].

Game is very miyamotovskaya - especially at the beginning and at the end)) in the middle - yes - there are a few boring and too complex places, but they do not spoil the overall picture, in my opinion.

I also don't remember any problems with the camera in the game, so I don't agree with you))

A
ACE 08.08.21

[b] Di [/ b], yes I know, I drove to the place that was shown in the step of the episode, there is a time trial in the cave. I do it in 45 seconds, but they tell me that it’s bad, and like try next time, there is no countdown timer and it’s not clear exactly how long it’s necessary to arrive in order to get it right.

and Mario then fell into the water, but there was the end of the level and therefore he died.

By the way, how to invent the camera?

D
Di 08.08.21

[quote] by the way, how to invent the camera? [/ quote]

in the settings of the main menu, probably (I don't remember anymore): roll:

where the mario runs, choosing between A, B and C, you can run to the next screen - there seem to be some -that were the settings ...

but in general, I don't remember exactly ... And isn't the default in camera control "down" - not "up", but "up" - not "down"? ))

A
ACE 08.08.21

[b] Di [/ b], there is no such thing
down equals up and up equals down, left equals right, right equals left - this is a miserable Japanese bacchanalia, even in ninja gaiden I was furious about this: sad:

D
Di 08.08.21

[quote] down equals up and up equals down, left equals right, right equals left [/ quote]

but I, on the contrary, got used to it ... so in many Nin's games (like in the Windows waker the same default settings ... perhaps there is no way to change them ...)

r
rodion 08.08.21

Axes invert steers !!!

A
ACE 08.08.21

Opensource projects, eh, a narcotic thing: crazy: the
first platformer in which when you fall into the limb in the 10th time, do not want to kill Joy.
already 16 shines. a little clone dragon mario from the park dragged the peach up the mountain, which was still in the very first location, but how to get there? and by the way not quite understood what to do in the second episode with solar panels on which go big round ducks: crazy: