3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
termoblаs 20.08.21 12:07 am

Why are strategies not popular?

On the forums of many excellent strategies, there are a maximum of a dozen topics, many of them are almost empty. While on the forum of almost any shooter or RPG there are several pages with topics for hundreds of comments, why?
75 Comments
Sort by:
E
Ease 20.08.21

Nobody wants to think.
But the strategies are now all dull, monotonous, so there is no desire to play them.
Some developers simply do not know how to do them, there is nothing to hook them with.
The old ones are another matter, and they are tired of them too.

S
SteveG8 20.08.21

And fig knows him.
I don't play them.

w
warp 37 20.08.21

Of the new ones, only TW: Shogun 2 is suitable. The old ones do not approve of newphages (I suppose, and there is no grafon either), and those who played them are probably already tired of them. This genre is not fashionable now, alas. I remember a few years ago, there were a bunch of good strategies, but now you can count on the fingers of one hand.

http://forums.playground.ru/main/ - and this topic belongs here.

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

And what is there to discuss that? If there are no bugs, then there is nothing to discuss.

b
bee walker and steamer 20.08.21

True, what is the market news about?

D
DiLouk 20.08.21

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, in strategies I lack involvement in what is happening. The camera from above does not have to associate itself with anyone. Besides, what interesting things have come out in this genre in recent years?

Well, everything is clear about nfagov: strategy is the most difficult genre to master. And it's not about the brains, but the lack of help for beginners. The same Shogun 2 requires the player to familiarize himself with the previous games of the genre. And the previous games - with even earlier ones ...

R
RicoChico 20.08.21

Ehhh ... and I was looking forward to the new C&C.

-
-SlashuuR- 20.08.21

Warcraft III still rules.

d
dimakozhanov 20.08.21

Because right now, such a generation, many in recent years, have become so stupefied that they barely have a single gyrus that has remained in the head of
this generation, which has just begun to play today, just bring up call of duty and other similar games where you don't need to think, but as soon as it comes out a game where there are forks, bumps, etc. where it is not necessary to think a lot, they immediately criticize it, obseraut.
This is largely due to the consoles.

A
Abibas for us 20.08.21

many are too dumb to understand

A
Abramov.msc 20.08.21

I love strategies other than military topics. Ala tropico.

P
Paukanych 20.08.21

In principle, right now, if they play strategy, then only Starcraft2. Fans of this game live on a special site goodgame.ru, and no one else is interested in it anywhere else. Everyone has heard about Warcraft 3 at one time, but now probably half of the gamers have not heard about the second version of Starcraft, tk. it is already irrelevant and dull. And masochism like Total Varov in a single is unplayable, and for multiplayer it is extremely driveless.

d
dimakozhanov 20.08.21

Ancestor
show me where my mistakes are if you are so competent

A
Abramov.msc 20.08.21

Paukanych
in warcraft in comp. clubs still a lot of people are cut into all sorts of modifications ala dota, etc.

D
Death_LifE 20.08.21

they are played .. yes, and then only some fatty, sweaty and smelly nerds with 80lvl. And so I played in the back of the enemy, a game is quite suitable .. In all parts of the gamol when it was. Yes, and now people demand swearing, action, special effects and naked boobs .. Before games where you need to think, no one cares

d
daniilka_94 20.08.21

so far my favorite strategies are the Cossacks and Commandos series. I still play them.

E
Ease 20.08.21

daniilka_94
Oh, I also just downloaded Kazakov again yesterday)

r
requiemmm 20.08.21

Well, we went out once ... especially since the Newfags now have the Internet, download the walker and look.
As for strategies, the enemy is stupid in the single and the developers have run out of imagination, they can only draw on the computer endless resources and instant construction. It's not always convenient to play on the grid, except with a neighbor in an apartment or in a club) The last funny strategy like the third C&C was, robots pinned me there, which broke off spare parts for themselves from other equipment. You also collect such a completely Mehkommander, with a graphon :)

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

Yeah, and those who play TotalVor work in Gazprom by default. Moras.

d
dimakozhanov 20.08.21

The ancestor,
well, did not put 3 commas and a full stop by the way, you also have a jamb, the second paragraph with a capital letter, and you with a small