3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sh1nn 01.09.21 11:40 pm

Killer is dead

killer_is_dead_logo.jpg

Platform - Playstation 3 / Xbox 360
Genre - Action
Publisher - Kadokawa Games
Developer - Grasshopper Manufacture
Release Date - Summer 2013 (Japan)

INFA:

Killer Is Dead is the upcoming action game from the folks behind No More Heroes andKiller7. The game follows 35 year-old Mondo Zappa, a suit-wearing executioner responsible for taking out heinous criminals with a katana.

A gun that can turn into a drill is embedded in Zappa's left hand — an augmentation he has no memory of getting. The weapon becomes increasingly powerful during the game, and it can be used to absorb enemies' blood for a powerful "Adrenalin Burst" slash attack. Also included in the blood is "dark matter", which can apparently be changed into energy.

The American born Zappa works at an "executioner's office", managed by Brian Rozen, who was also augmented, to become a world-class executioner.

Joining Zappa is his boss at Rozen's firm, the cat-suit wearing 25 year-old British born Vivienne Squall. Mika Takekawa, 20, is Zappa's assistant. After an earlier incident, she met Zappa and then started living with him because she can make excellent soft boiled eggs, his favorite dish.

Then, there's the evil Victor, a criminal who is kind dressed of like Mozart — if Mozart had glowing eyes, skeletal features, and green skin. Victor manipulates human emotion through song and aims to bring evil to the world.

Besides the international characters, the game uses various backdrops, such as old Western houses and Japanese buildings.

Screenshots:

l_50f6d3e5f321bqtrxj.jpgl_50f6d3e8de211ycp3n.jpgl_50f6d3f452a1aggppw.jpgl_50f6d3f3929a4hwp4x.jpgl_50f6d3f022111lrok3.jpgl_50f6d3e589af1bwoso.jpgl_50f6d3e5195d7hkqnu.jpgl_50f6d3e692387o6q7f.jpgl_50f6d3eb830b16dpjj.jpgl_50f6d3f2f01ce22pbo.jpgl_50f6d3f251a83ibogy.jpg

124 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirsan 01.09.21

The mechanical arm spoils the whole style somewhat what.gif

S
SerorDe 01.09.21

[member = 'Kirsan'] Have you played Suda games? How can the style be spoiled in his works ... the god of hell, trash, sodomy and intoxication from birth, while everything is always stylish with him.win.png

Modified January 16, 2013 by SerorDe

M
MRDrama 01.09.21

Well, yes. The idea of ​​a schoolgirl cheerleader killing a zombie with a chainsaw is generally moronic, but Suda knows how to put it right. And the game really came out. And there are no doubts in this project either, especially since the topic here seems to be pretty good, and every time the games of the Courts are more beautiful. The only thing I would like is that he paid more attention to the boevka and made it more varied, and so all the rules for now.

Modified Jan 16, 2013 by MRDrama

A
ACE 01.09.21

I am waiting! in recent games courts gameplay is getting better

r
razgulnov 01.09.21

is it from the creators of Killer 7?

S
SerorDe 01.09.21

And if in the plot we will also be waiting for the likeness of Killer 7, which, with all its madness, the Courts issued a plot "no worse than MGS", then in general I will fantasize with a rainbow.

T
Tinkino 01.09.21

[member = 'razgulnov3'], yes, from Courts51.

I'm waiting hellishly.

Modified January 16, 2013 by satanax21

M
Manson 01.09.21

Sel shading is not pleasant ((

d
dozensnake 01.09.21

Yes, this is the same killer 8!

S
Sh1nn 01.09.21

trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAejVR9PSQ

R
RL Rooha 01.09.21

Tags are cool :)

I looked at the trailer. Reminded by MGR. 

t
t-IX 01.09.21

iMYPOvzF1aRbP.gif
iRYlyYcSSbIQX.gif
ibuYCAMNROcXZY.gif
ig2Sij2ImQbXN.gif

N
Noirge 01.09.21

Tags are cool :)

I looked at the trailer. Reminded by MGR. 

In MGR, the wrong kitsch is gray, boring and not stylish. And there the trees disappear a second after cutting. In general, Killer is Dead looks better in all aspects so far.

S
SerorDe 01.09.21

Hell yeah! Although still more from NMH than from Killer 7, but who can be offended.em25.gif

R
RL Rooha 01.09.21

[member = 'Noirge'], well, just a woman with dozens of pairs of hands and a dismemberment ...

d
dozensnake 01.09.21

somehow more like a compilation of old games courts than something new

sotd looked more interesting

B
BDM 01.09.21

somehow more like a compilation of old games courts than something new

sotd looked more interesting

Almost all of his games are compilations of his previous games. SOTD has a bunch of No More Heroes. Lollipop Chainsaw has a ton of SOTD stuff. No More Heroes has a bunch of Killer7 and so on and so forth.

e
exbitionist 01.09.21

very cool cell shading. a kind of nmh in a rough and gloomy style ... the many-armed long-legged vivienne is a fairy tale in the flesh

SOTD has a bunch of No More Heroes. Lollipop Chainsaw has a ton of SOTD stuff. No More Heroes has a bunch of Killer7

Come on: ironic humor, "chernukha", a tribute to the "past", etc. I would not call it a "bunch" ... perhaps - "handwriting"

But in essence shod, chansu, nmh, k7 games are different both in gameplay and in style.

And by the way, the courts in all games of this generation are the executive director (the directors of all these games (including the kid) are other "grasshoppers" (except for the kind of first nmh)). Therefore, games are played in different ways, but meanwhile they have a familiar concept.

who, for all his madness, the Courts gave out a plot "no worse than MGS"

I don't see madness .... I see creativity and imagination. At Suda, up to k7, there are amazing adventures with a complicated history. after k7, he threw off the eddies of the canvas.

r
realill 01.09.21

No More Heroes hooked me with something, I didn't even really understand what .... So I'll wait for the game.

Sorry NMH2 is not on PS3.

w
wardog 01.09.21

tempting, but looking at the author's previous creations, the impression was that his games are more focused on visual perception than on the desire to interest the gameplay. correct if not so.

I mean, all the Lollipop chainsaw promotional videos did not make me want to buy the game, although the heroine is super sexy and generally cool.

I'm generally silent about NMH, you have to play with this stick to the heap