3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
toni 01.09.21 11:55 pm

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

[img] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/NewSuperMarioBrosWiiBoxart.jpg [/ img]
Released November 20 (via torrents yesterday, but with new protection)
69 Comments
Sort by:
v
vodafon 01.09.21

from review ign
9.5 Gameplay
Brilliant 2D platforming and challenges makes this the best of the 2D Mario best.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The multiplayer aspect makes this a game you'll come back to again and again.

: dsfnlkjh:: dsfnlkjh:

A
ACE 01.09.21

Played today. Hellishly cool: shock:

R
Red priest rezo 01.09.21

Passed, sweet. However, something has no desire to collect all the coins. After all, I'm not a fan of 2D mario. In addition, the first level of the 9th world was very disappointing. I thought this world would be really something wildly cool and unusual ... And it is much more commonplace than many levels from the main game.

S
Saverio 01.09.21

famitsu - 40/40

my copy went through customs today: D

v
vodafon 01.09.21

And when finally the deliveries will start official in Rush?

Y
Yezhik 01.09.21

Standard formula. Eurodata plus two weeks.

S
Saverio 01.09.21

[quote name = "Yezhik"] Standard formula. Eurodata plus from two weeks to two months and plus 10-20 euros in price. [/ Quote]

fixed.

R
Red priest rezo 01.09.21

[b] frukt [/ b],
[quote] But the presence or absence of additional. powerrap is not a defining moment. [/ quote]
Defining. The difference between playing with and without power-up is wild. Moreover, many levels are designed with power-up in the head in mind - and it is interesting, fun and not so elementary to go through with it. Without it, they become simply unreal.
[quote] Add. slot - an optional thing [/ quote]
I would even say unnecessary. But what was needed was the ability to remove the power up from the level and postpone it until better times. As it was back in Adventure Islands 2-3 on a dandy (that's where the great platforming was, damn it). I still don’t believe, to be honest, that Nin didn’t think of it. Maybe I missed something and it's possible, huh?

[quote] I emphasized that the levels themselves have become more difficult (in all senses - and more complex), therefore more interesting. [/ quote]
Maybe so (I did not play the version on ds), but so nine-tenths of the complexity of Mario consists precisely in situations where you are left without abilities.

In my opinion, it would be better to make the levels more than once every 5, but the power ups would also allow you to keep it for several hits.

f
frukt 01.09.21

[b] Red Priest Rezo [/ b], [quote] Defining. The difference between the game with powerups and without simply wild [/ quote]

"the presence of [b] additional [/ b] pauerapov" extra-extra-extra-extra !!! ))

Are you deliberately ignoring the word "extra"?

and in the post to which you are responding, I already wrote that powerup naturally affects the nature of the game, but the amount of extra. slots or their absence - this is the tenth thing. This is just the number of opportunities to make a mistake.

At least taking the necessary power up between levels has been possible since the days of super mario throw 3.

R
Red priest rezo 01.09.21

[quote]
At least you can take the necessary power between levels since the days of super mario bros 3.
[/ quote]
Yes, but where to get them, so that you can turn them on between levels later? Again, the idea is good, and it was back in Adventure Islands. But there you could take out the prize from the level, remove it from yourself, and go to the next level naked, and then use the saved prize in time of need.
Immediately, the prizes, as I understand it, are obtained only on the cards from the Toads-toads. And with the exception of red mushrooms, the rest of the prizes are not enough for a comfortable game, even approximately.
[Quote] the presence of additional powerup "additional-additional-additional-additional !!!))

Are you deliberately ignoring the word" additional "? [/ quote]
I have already said: many levels are designed taking into account that you have a specific powerup, and without it they become not that impassable, but frankly unpleasant gameplay. It's hard for me to clearly explain this, but there is a difference between a pleasant hardcore difficulty (as in those levels in Sunshine) and a difficulty that is not good at all. And here, when there is no power-up, the second option often appears.

f
frukt 01.09.21

[b] Red Priest Rezo [/ b], I did it differently. I did not like Toads, I collected few powerups, in some moments I passed without them. And it is quite passable, albeit with a creak.

Plus, usually at the level before the right moment, the required powerup is prepared in advance. It is desirable to just be "big" mario. But ordinary mushrooms always accumulate quickly.

In general, I do not see a problem in all this. The game did not make me mad, although there were enough difficult places.

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 3 minutes 55 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote] I already said: many levels are designed taking into account that you have a specific powerup [/ quote]

Why are you repeating this to me, I do not understand. I drew your attention to the word "additional", that is, I spoke only about the presence / absence of additional slots.

R
Red priest rezo 01.09.21

[quote] In general, I don't see a problem in all this. The game did not make me mad, although there were enough difficult places. [/ quote]
I, as it were, almost did not deduce either. I would not even mind if it was made more difficult three times (and bosses, except for the bowser, and ten times).

But let's say collecting coins missed at the time of the passage (and this is about a quarter for me) does not pull me. Precisely because many of them require powerups to collect, and shaking with fear because of the chance of losing powerups (which may not yet be at the level) does not appeal to me.

[quote] I drew your attention to the word "additional", that is, I spoke only about the presence / absence of additional slots. [/ quote]
And, in this sense, "additional". I misunderstood, sorry.

But, nevertheless: here, let's say, again an example with coins after passing. With an additional slot, I could take, put, say, a shrinking mushroom (or some other required to collect a coin) into the slot, and enter the level itself naked. Walk to the place with the coin, use the mushroom, and take the coin. Without the need to use the mushroom from the very beginning and then shake in front of each enemy, being afraid of accidentally losing the powerup before reaching the place.

I
Ilyusha 01.09.21

Guys, is it really possible to buy it somewhere in Moscow?

S
Saverio 01.09.21

came while indulging in the first world ... what he saw so far pleases

i
inkvizitor 01.09.21

In general, I liked it, but I still look forward to Super Mario Galaxy 2. And earlier, on the contrary, I preferred Mario 2D.

r
rodion 01.09.21

[quote] Precisely because many of them require powerups to collect [/ quote]
Many is how much? I've counted no more than 5 such coins for 7 worlds (too lazy to replay, this is from memory). In my opinion, this is a very small amount. About power ups, I can only say that Mario has always been and will be harsh and unforgiving. This is a very important part of the mechanics of any 2D Mario. Someone may like it, some may not. You probably once lamented that in order to find the exits to some secret levels in Super Mario World, you need certain prizes.

R
Red priest rezo 01.09.21

[quote] You probably at one time lamented that in order to find exits to some secret levels in Super Mario World, certain prizes are needed. [/ quote]
I once was in the camp of Sega, and did not play Mario World. And when he sat down to play, he gave up very quickly. I never liked them, except for the first (more or less), the second (great game), and now, with a stretch, this one.
[Quote] How many is this? I've counted no more than 5 such coins for 7 worlds (too lazy to replay, it's from memory). [/ Quote]
I didn't. But more than 0 is already a lot.
[quote] Mario has always been and will be harsh and unforgiving [/ quote]
Mario is unbalanced. It's either wildly easy or very difficult 90% of the time.

However, I never liked jester-em-ups either. Games that are wildly easy, but at the same time, if you make a mistake once - tryndets, they are not to my taste.

I like it more when it's like in Demon's Souls. Or 3d Mario, for that matter. When the complexity is always what it is.

D
Dan4MerC 01.09.21

In Moscow, where can you buy the game?

L
Lite 01.09.21

[b] Dan4MerC [/ b], while nowhere else

r
rodion 01.09.21

[b] Red Priest Rezo [/ b], you just don't like arcade games, so :).