3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NetSky 02.09.21 12:03 am

The Order: 1886 (Plot Discussion, spoilers)

[alignright] agegate-logo-the-order-1886.png[/ alignright]

Discussion || Plot / Spoilers || Game news

Platform: PS4

Publisher: SCE

Developer: Ready at Dawn

Genre: Action Adventure

Release date: 20 February 2015

Topic for discussion of plot revelations and spoilers

124 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bogoroditsk 02.09.21

in general guys

those who thought they caught a spoiler (I think you know what I mean) in the next topic

I think that it is not so

I saw something in the stream yesterday, and I thought that this should not be

don't even ask, I won't tell you: gigi:

well, in general, I'm serious

I think everyone can breathe out

Modified February 12, 2015 by Bogoroditsk

z
zhenia13 02.09.21

[member = 'Bogoroditsk'], what did you see?)

B
Bogoroditsk 02.09.21

[quote name = "zhenia13" post = "4672641" timestamp = "1423777246"] [b] [member = 'Bogoroditsk'] [/ b], what did you see?) [/ quote] I spoiled myself specifically. I don't want to spoil others. Better wait a week left

N
Noort 02.09.21

Dear friends, I do not advise especially hot-tempered ones to read furtheropr0JDCQ.gif

And I recommend reading to those who are not sure about the purchase solely because of difficulties with payment, due to unforeseen situations with the exchange rate. If you can afford to pay 4k for a game without problems for your existence, buy it. Opinion about the plot will be without revealing secrets, but I will hide it in another spoiler.

[spoiler]

So, I'm ready for a wave of hatred and buckets of slop on myself, and yet I will speak out about what I saw in the game (but without any special spoilers, so that some brutes do not want to spoil the impressions of people from the main topic). Yes, I succumbed to temptation and watched the walkthrough on YouTube. But first of all, I want to say that I am a soniba, for almost 17 years now I have been and will be a fan of the Sony family of consoles (although I confess that I did not buy a PS4 because of the presence of it from a friend, and I myself am not up to games at all, and not prior to acquisition, respectively). And I went through too many games in my life to perfectly understand whether there is a huge difference between how the game is played and how it looks from the outside, whether I'm visiting or poking YouTube. And if you do not like the opinion, you should not declare me a troll or a hater.

I was waiting for this game from the announcement, I am a big fan of most Sony exclusives, I enjoyed playing RaD games on PSP, I really liked the setting of the game and the goals set by the authors. So oppa:

To the delight of absentee haters and skeptics, I watched the passage for about 6 hours (despite the fact that the player was not the most stupid, but without research, and died at times). The notorious research can hardly drag out the player, because you are led from cutscene to cutscenes, and, at the moments when they give control, it will not be difficult to burn objects that are marked through half of the locations. And yes, it really is a movie, an absolute movie. This is the most cinematic movie imaginable in the world of video games. There are 16 (sort of) chapters in the game, and indeed some of them are continuous cutscenes. If you add Heavy Rain and Spec Ops; The Line, then you will have an idea of ​​what to expect. Direction and abundance of qte-nis from the first plus chamber narration and similar (bad) dynamics of the shootout from the second. If you waited for furious action, then alas. Someone may think it silly to judge the shootings on the video, but they really lack any drive, and weapons, albeit great design, are not something that can stretch the mechanics of the game. There is a minimum of guts, and even then they are not noticed. AI ala Max Payne 3. Imagine GeOW, but without chainsaw, coop, active reloading and on hard. Like that. Alas, the gameplay is a minus. And here is a funny double-edged sword - the gameplay is extremely inexpressive, and at the same time, it is extremely small. So understand here who will be more, that someone will not get bored, or that someone will not have enough. But in any case, the non-inventive action is corny not interesting to watch, and what a sophisticated player will praise him (although of course there are people with classics like 'what do you want from TPS', but my God, you need to understand that there is a different performance of classical mechanics) - frankly I do not understand. Do not wait for transport and some other variety - only foot fires and qte. In general, as I said above, you can remember Spec Ops more than once.

To the delight of absentee fans and connoisseurs who believe in the project, the game looks fantastic, and although you will not see a single new location (if you follow the game closely enough), you still sometimes get such shots that your eyes become puffy. There were no screenshots that could convey such moments, so everyone will be happy for the graph. The atmosphere is brilliant. [textspoiler] And although steampunk is limited only by the presence of Tesla and zeppellins, the setting is still pleasing. skipping back some moments. Unfortunately, the player turned off the music, so I checked out the soundtrack only on the player separately, and it is different, and I believe that it fits perfectly into the game. As for the sound engineering, it's also amazing there is nothing to paint here. [textspoiler] Horror really not. but some moments make me shiver pleasantly - I'm also talking about the sound in the dark moments of the game. [/ textspoiler] And the game is kinzo. I will repeat this one more time. Therefore, there is no experience here, there is nothing that categorically separates the player from the observer. There is no non-linearity here, ala Heavy Rain, and although you will often be asked to press the buttons, it will still seem to you that you have watched a movie throughout the game. And that's a plus. This is a very, very atmospheric thriller in which you plunge headlong, and rare shootouts and buttons should not pull you back into reality. I'm not sure that many will want to replay, but who was waiting for the game and until the very last moment believes that he will enjoy it, go ahead, even though I wrote in the previous paragraph. After all, there is a story in the pros, but this is already in the spoiler.

[spoiler] I won't say much about the plot, because I promised not to spread everything. I can only say that without revelations. A very well told but commonplace story. Those who are spoiled by novels and films will immediately notice what and how will happen, alas. There is one nice twist towards the end, more 'Easter' than unpredictable, but very good. In general, I say, no surprises, no epic, just a classic of the conspiracy genre. Whether the cliffhanger is at the end or not, I did not fully understand, but the continuation is not only possible, but also necessary. It is a pity that the gameplay with werewolves is just as monotonous as with people. In any case, you will not get pleasure from the plot itself, but from the merits of the game, together with the characters, their charisma and their adventures. And although the world is not authentic, you believe in it, and therefore all this is pleasantly exciting. Enjoy)

[/ spoiler] [/ spoiler]

In general, the game can hardly be called a game, I watched it like a movie. Good or bad, decide for yourself. Hayters gona hayt - well, let them be happy that it is short, you who play, so what? Who can buy it, buy it. Who cannot - look at YouTube and do not count other people's money. Well, for what I wrote all this, so for those who have a dilemma with the current price. Maybe someone closer to the release will come here and read it, and this will help him with the choice. Indeed, she justifies her $ 60, but not 4000 rubles. If you have difficulties, unfortunately you better not torture yourself, but wait for discounts, or chip in with someone. It is definitely worth its 2000-2500.

Regarding the whole world, I hope that the press will not beat her up and the game will scatter well. It is not a masterpiece, but it is in many ways similar to the first Anch, and in the credits you start to believe that the second part is needed, and now it will be a bomb. The first pancake from the developers is by no means lumpy, because he is WITH LOVE. So we keep our fists on sales, and continuation / new projects. All who will play in the coming days on a huge TV set with ultrasound - kind envy and best wishes. Enjoy :)

S
ShamanJago 02.09.21

[member = 'Noort'], How's the gameplay? Does the game feel short or short but intense?

N
Noort 02.09.21

[member = 'ShamanJago'] is rather short but polished. Feels like people tried. There are enough events in the plot, and does not have time to get bored. Not TLoU, but close to U2 - everything seems to be scrolling through my head quickly, but you immediately realize that there are enough impressions. Again, I repeat - the full perception of what he saw as a film, the integrity and development of the story, the richness and mm I want to say 'timing'.))

T
TA_Rubedo 02.09.21

Well, what's wrong with the mirrors? Or is it just because of the black water effect like that?

S
Shubkin 02.09.21

We are waiting for the ending in DLS.

[quote name = 'Noort' timestamp = '1424197725' post = '4680069'] Not a TLoU, but close to U2- [/ quote]

To ancharted 2?what.gif

A
Artymmm 02.09.21

They just don't explain a whole bunch of things!

T
TA_Rubedo 02.09.21

[member = 'Artymmm'], Well, apparently they have been "cooperating" with him for a long time, this is also read in their communication. It is not for nothing that they also have pumped guns, which they find in boxes.

A
Artymmm 02.09.21

well, we are waiting for DLS

T
TA_Rubedo 02.09.21

I honestly do not know what kind of DLK there may be, nothing was announced, but to do another plot is clearly not fast.

F
FireMixRU 02.09.21

Everything, depression. Well, how is the ending chopped off. What about Izzy? In the end I did not understand her at all. Lafayette? Hastings? So much understatement. Even if everything was left for the second part, well, you can't do this: icon_cry:

Modified on February 20, 2015 by FireMixRU

T
TA_Rubedo 02.09.21

Yes, clifangers have been in fashion for a long time, in general, I expected something like this to be the case. Therefore, I was not surprised.

F
FireMixRU 02.09.21

Yes, clifangers have been in fashion for a long time, in general, I expected something like this to be the case. Therefore, I was not surprised.

in games it seems not so widespread, with the exception of "episodic" games. TV shows are mostly in vogue, but there the wait is less than a year (Sherlock does not count: icon_smile :), but here I feel if there will be a continuation ("thanks" to the game-geeks), then the year will be in 2018

Modified on February 20, 2015 by FireMixRU

T
TA_Rubedo 02.09.21

Not well, Ancharted, for example, although it is a "serial", but the plot is neutral from other parts. But here, as a new IP, for some reason it seemed that they would make at least 3 games, and the plot would be stretched over them.

Or it is enough to recall the plot of Mass Effect 2, where it essentially does not exist, but a set of small stories associated with each member of the team. And at the end, another clifanger :)

Or Godovar 2, also a story game for 7-8 hours and ends at the most interesting place, again santa monica in business.

[quote name = 'FireMixRU' timestamp = '1424466876' post = '4687305'] that year in 2018 [/ quote] If sales go up and the continuation is approved, then I think spring 2017 is a good option.

H
Hooly_Varshick 02.09.21

Such a tough bi continue, they did not let the main bastard fail, they did not reveal the topic of Izzy's love with GG, obviously not everyone said about Lafayette, I hope it will not be DLS, but a full-fledged 1887.

H
Hooly_Varshick 02.09.21

oh yes, and the topic of vampires has not been revealed at all, in general, the Order of 1886 is just the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to tell.

d
delete 02.09.21

In the final video, the hero had to call himself [textspoiler] Van Hellsing [/ textspoiler], put on a hat and jump into obscurity. 

By the way, I am seriously putting forward the theory about [textspoiler] Van Helsing [/ textspoiler]. The atmosphere is there, the vampires are, the werewolves are, there is no [textspoiler] game [/ textspoiler], so everything is very possible.

B
Bogoroditsk 02.09.21

in the sequel, it is imperative to reveal the theme of vampires and add them to the enemies

completely rework the battles with ordinary werewolves

judging by the ending, you can stir up locations outside the city or on the outskirts, the same swampy area with fog immediately suggests itself