3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
frukt 02.09.21 12:18 am

Kid Icarus Uprising

Passed three chapters.

The first thing I can say with confidence is that those who have played dozens of hours of hunters and dementium on ds are unlikely to experience any special control problems (default scheme + rack). In flight, it is ideal, on the ground it differs from hunters only in that you also have to twist the camera with a stylus (nevertheless, tps) + high speed and a lot of dodge - as a result, the control is so slightly chaotic. But not more.

I went first to Intensity 2.0, after that I switched to> 6 and did not put it below. Difficulty, drive is just class, and the challenge is rewarded.

I decided to get used to the bows for now, fusing some kind of sonic bow - a decent thing.

The first and third chapters are gorgeous, the second is so-so. The design and graphics are simply the best of everything that was in 3D, and you can't tell from the video.

So far, the impressions are strong and purely positive.

124 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 02.09.21

[b] Developer [/ b] - Project SORA (Nintendo Super Smash Bros team)
[b] Publisher [/ b] - Nintendo
[b] Lead Game Designer [/ b] - Masahiro Sakurai (Kirby / Super Smash Bros series)
[ b] Composers - [/ b]

Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of, Star Ocean, Shining Force, Valkyrie Profile, Baten Kaitos, Dark Souls)
Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage, Ys, Beyond Oasis / The Story of Thor, Etrian Odyssey, Eye of the Beholder, 7th Dragon, Shenmue)
Masafumi Takada (Earth Defense Force 2017, Fatal Frame IV, God Hand, Infinite Space, killer7, No More Heroes, Vanquish)
Noriyuki Iwadare (Ys, Lunar, Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney, Grandia)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Tobal, Radical Dreamers, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Shadow Hearts, Xenosaga, Xenoblade)
[b] Platform [/ b] - Nintendo 3DS
[b] Genre [/ b] - Action, Shooter
[b] Release date [/ b] - already on sale!
[b] Reviews [/ b] - [url = "http://www.gamerankings.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/index.html"] http: //www.gameranki...sing/ index.html [/ url]

[img] http://videoigr.net/images/3ds_kid_icarus.gif [/ img]

I've been playing for a while now. What I really liked -
1) Fucking music. Epic and a lot of different tracks are constantly playing. Boss fights are accompanied by rock music in the style of Grandia 2 : happycry:
2) Excellent dialogue - very lively and often funny. I thought it would be stupid pathos on the videos, but in fact there is none at all. Authors often mock heroes and events.
3) The voice acting is very cool. For example, the main character's girlfriend is voiced by Ali Hillis, who gave her voice to Dr. Liara Tsoni from Mass Effect and Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII
4) The gameplay is VERY dynamic and fun. In general, you do not have to be bored. In terms of speed, it resembles Quake 3 : icon_eek:
5) The graphics in the air are just breathtaking - the landscapes are fucking awesome. The camera shows all this effectively. Looks very cool and cool 3D.
6) A lot of content and a variety of modes and chips.

What I didn't like -
1) I had to get used to the controls, the stylus controls are made in the manner of shooters on ds-3ds. It is partly understandable why the authors did this - for such a frantic speed of gameplay, it would not work out differently
2) The graphics in the sections on the ground look average - there is a great lack of good anisatropics and antialiasing I

advise everyone. A very cool game.

R
Retrokun 02.09.21

I only played the demo - but I liked it. I did not play the original

M
Mr. Awesome 02.09.21

By the way, you only need to play at high difficulty levels.

A
ACE 02.09.21

Palutena beauty : em08:
[img] http://i.imgur.com/4b1aW.png [/ img]

M
Mr. Awesome 02.09.21

Look at the tutorial, firstly there is a lot of useful information, and secondly, there are very funny jokes, for example, about super smash bros.

f
frukt 02.09.21

[quote name = 'Mr. Awesome 'timestamp =' 1332627090 'post =' 2584670 '] By the way, play only need high levels of complexity [/ quote]

need only observe that it is not because the game is easy to medium, but because the complexity is so "remunerated" , which is already bought for in-game currency and is lost upon death. the challenge is very worthy.

I can say that bows and especially cannons are tricky weapons. the cannon I was using was a charge attack, otherwise it was comparatively useless. in general, I want to properly taste remote weapons, although I understand all the benefits of a mile. judging by the first impression, I made myself cool great reaper palm (value 212), this is, after the gun, an excellent "semiautomatic device"))

By the way, about the birds, about the shortcomings:

This is the first 3D game for me, in which I play with the 3D knocked out and it is almost impossible for me to play it with a stereo effect. The action is so intense that there is no way to be distracted by the gorgeous "depth".

now, having gotten even more comfortable, I don’t consider management to be a disadvantage in principle - the main thing here is less fussing and better calculating your own actions (although not slowing down).

M
Mr. Awesome 02.09.21

Not easy, yes, but more rewarding, faster and more interesting. You get used to the controls very quickly, but only when playing with the stand. Of the weapons, I also like the "brass knuckles", though they are not comfortable in the air with them. I sometimes turn on 3d (most often when all sorts of cool views open), but mostly off, otherwise it's hard to concentrate

A
ACE 02.09.21

xs. On the contrary, 3d in the air sections helps me. but "on the ground" I turn it off

B
BlackGrishka 02.09.21

the left shift began to creak and it’s not good to press, I’m stepping on ikarus

M
Mr. Awesome 02.09.21

<b> [member = BlackGrishka] </b>,
Don't you sin on your hands, don't you?)

B
BlackGrishka 02.09.21

<b> [member = Mr. Awesome] </b>, the left shift is just too intense there, yes, and it started after I played a couple of chapters, there wasn’t such a thing before, yes, and 3ds for me since January 31st, I’ve just been active since last and tvevi was cut at the beginning)

S
SkyerIst 02.09.21

Nintendo Power - 9.5:

[img] http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_3/NP277_KidIc.jpg [/ img]

A
ACE 02.09.21

The level that starts in the desert is just WOW : icon_eek:

I
IgorSmirnoff 02.09.21

<b> [member = BlackGrishka] </b>, why are you lying - you still have RE passed.
Is there a demo in EShop?

B
BlackGrishka 02.09.21

[b] [member = IgorSmirnoff] [/ b], Re passed with a circle pad and I did not pull the left shift there
like a demo

f
frukt 02.09.21

according to the in-game counter:

15 chapters cleaned up (10 of them are in the story, and 5 are apparently the account of replay)
2 million points
average intensity 6.3
it is at the end of chapters 5.1

well, etc.

I have played 5 hours 20 minutes

into the cartoon yet - I want to get worthy cannons. The toy is of course very Sakuraevskaya.
I like the ground sections more than the flight sections. There is the whole challenge (I was killed in the air only once or twice) and the militant.

The people who at the neo-shops and game faculties with a clever air declares that "the control makes the game impossible, if we use a two-analogue one, and the ground sections would be better off nafig" - some kind of fools. For casual rail rides - to another place. It's all grown up here)

By the way, there is not enough currency, and the current capacity is not enough to pass on extremely high difficulty and for a larger currency and better items, respectively. It's hard. Modified on March 25, 2012 by frukt

B
BlackGrishka 02.09.21

[b] [member = frukt] [/ b], play the cartoon, money and weapons give in any case a plus at the end of the round, a random item is played

A
ACE 02.09.21

I also thought that something was wrong with the left trigger, and then it turned out that it was just that some types of weapons have such a cooldown - they cannot shoot often. and there is a phase of "inaction" even if you are waiting for the button.
I play with a fast weapon - I'm more pretending that way.
How many episodes are there in the game?

A
Anarki 02.09.21

Damn, I'm already coming to me for 3 games, how can I hold out for at least a month with such reviews? : why:

M
Mr. Awesome 02.09.21

[b] [member = Anarki] [/ b],
Ikarus must be taken immediately, I could not hold out)