3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nvidia311988 08.09.21 10:33 pm

Game Impression (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous)

Well, let's share about this creativity :)
58 Comments
Sort by:
D
Derley 28.10.21

Developers are apparently looking for an audience and cannot be blamed for that. Their first game was, as many know, with bugs, but there was an atmosphere of Russianness or what? But she sold poorly. The new part added in everything, in graphics, gameplay, and in everything, but Russianness was lost, a large-scale confrontation with "big and black evil" appeared.
It's a pity, but still the game deserves attention

S
St_Slave 28.10.21

Derley wrote:
yes in everything, but Russianness has been lost
Wtf? Where did you see Russianness in the first game?

A
AT_Sagor 28.10.21

I will say briefly, but from the bottom of my heart: "Impressed!"

m
mefiro 28.10.21

St_Slave the
adequacy of what is happening, without paladins in pink glasses, in this part a typical western confrontation between black and white, without vital gray

K
KingNarik 28.10.21

91 hours. Completed the game. It's time to write some kind of review.
Let's start quickly with the bad ones.
Cocoa bugs. No one in their right mind could expect that such a game would turn out without an abundance of nasty "bugs" immediately after the release, and the patches, one by one coming out, try (so far not very successfully, unfortunately) to rectify the situation. The only workaround is to wait, and wait a long time. But this is not about us. Having such a toy in your hands, it is simply impossible not to launch it and not dive into it with your head.
Cocoa downloads. On a high-performance PC, they happen very quickly, but the total number of loading screens that appears before your eyes, it annoys, infuriates, spoils the impression.
The pathetic imitation of King's Bounty with armies and heroes adds more boredom than variety to the game. A frankly poorly developed combat system of this element of the game leaves much to be desired ... that it was better not in the game. No, of course, the idea of ​​controlling the military and feeling like an army commander is good. But not with such an implementation.
There is nothing more to highlight in the "cocoa" column. Let's go further.
Diverse variety of variety. So many classes, so many options to mix them with each other. I don't know why, but I'm sure there are people somewhere who are still writhing with unimaginable delight, because of the possibility of creating a paladin-thief-archer-in heavy armor-without pants-with transmutation magic. The super-variability of character leveling is immediately evident, but this is where the variety is just beginning. So many choices, so many options, so many paths, so many opportunities. At first, you might just get lost in the abundance of available solutions. It immediately becomes clear that all the content of this game cannot be mastered in one playthrough, and in two, too. And that's cool. Very cool.
What a twist! Everybody's familiar meme phrase inevitably exclaims in the process, over and over again. The enormous diversity is maintained and reinforced by absolute non-obviousness. You can never say for sure what the next choice will lead to, what will happen after the decision is made. And the plot twists are often very surprising. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes the next round of an event can be upsetting, but it's always interesting and has a very positive effect on the overall impression.
I rocked your comfort zone. The game repeatedly interrupts the smooth and calm flow of pumping and progression, throwing up events that sharply turn everything upside down. This is well felt both in the global line of the main plot, and in the lines of companions and additional optional quests. This creates the impression of an unforgettable, magical, unpredictable adventure.
I will not meticulously get to the bottom of the small moments that I personally did not like. I will not compare the game with both the previous Kingmaker and its closest counterparts from other developers.
Nowadays, when really deep and high-quality CRPG games are practically absent, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous stands out even simply because it is a high-quality deep CRPG game. It is a lot of fun to play, and it leaves a lot of replayability. What else do we need? Even if this is not a super masterpiece and, in some places, there is something to be upset about, but I simply cannot imagine any other assessment.
Rating: 10/10. Very interesting, very delivering. From start to finish, a high-quality CRPG with a deep storyline, nice graphics and vivid special effects, elaborate characters, lines and twists, filled with secrets, riddles, revelations and the warm lamp magic of an excellent toy.

R
RITCHII 03.11.21

Taking into account the fact that the latest patch has practically removed bugs and brakes (at least on high-performance PCs), the game is just super, the top of the last 5 years is unambiguous. But at first because of the brakes - every 2 minutes I spat and swore

PS: I overrated: I started now for a new character, it sucks on the brake area ... and this is with 8 g video on the server Pentium ... respect to the scriptwriters, to the developers - a shame!

M
Mattackushi 17.11.21

The game could be great, but because of bugs I played their games again, followed the secret ending, did everything according to the guide, but because of a bug (I studied the Glaxicon Book, but the game did not count) I ended up screwing up the ending. 2 weeks of playing empty. In the first part, there was a similar crap. Lit ..

L
Light_Warrior 17.11.21

I agree: the game is excellent, but bugs and brakes spoil it a lot ((. It is as linear as it is diverse. You can really be yourself and act out your image as you please (and yes: this is one of those rare games, which allows you to play the absolute villain here.Kind people of all stripes can be played in any game, but full renegades can only be played in a very narrow number of games, and this is one of them). Also, due to the abundance of myths, it has a huge replay value (as someone correctly noted: “the replayability of this game is off the charts.”

PS Passed in 1 month and 13 days: 02.10 - 15.11. I just love to savor these games ...) Kingmaker also took a long time

A
Ablich 24.11.21

Kasperator
You all seem to have conspired with this problem. Recently I even saw a review where they seriously complained about this "problem" to everyone who stands at the bridge advice: turn your camera with the mouse wheel.

M
Mephistoz 24.11.21

Light_Warrior wrote:
PS Passed in 1 month and 13 days: 02.10 - 15.11. It's just that I like to savor these games ...) Kingmaker also played for a long time
This is, in your opinion, a long time?) I have been playing the game since the release, September 2, already 277 hours - I just got to the dresen, the end of the 2nd act. Kingmaker completed 670 hours, one playthrough. I don’t know where my time flies away, it just flies away somewhere - I spend half of it on builds and rebuilds, trying to put together the perfect version. I can spend hours pondering which of the level-up perks to take

RITCHII
I have 30-40 fps at 3080 and 10700k in the lost chapel locations. The game is not terribly optimized, developers clearly should not aim at creating games of a different genre, where FPS is important, they are not good at performance. Fortunately, he doesn't care about him, it doesn't interfere with playing, all the same, the whole action is in pause mode. I can't imagine what kind of game with algorithms is going on in the code if a game with such a simple picture manages to produce so many frames on top hardware

j
jsilverst 09.12.21

Some bugs are removed, other bugs appear again. So in v. 1.1.1k could expand 3 forts,
in v 1.1.2d - 1 fort, and in v. 1.1.3e no fort was able to expand.

_
_Gwynbleidd_80 09.12.21

jsilverst,
I postponed the game until better times, once I went through at the beginning with bugs and decided that I would go the other way in a year or so when everything was fixed.

M
MLShadow 09.12.21

If I left my own opinion, it would consist of some swear words, so I'll just leave it here:
Spoiler

and this happens most of the game.

S
Skull Eduction 23.12.21

In fact, I do not regret that I pre-ordered, although I am not a fan of such games, but I got it.

F
FAJER 18.03.22

I dealt with the mechanics for a very long time, but over time it even became interesting for me to do this, sorting through builds and testing them. In terms of characters and plot, and more specifically the variety of choices and their consequences, the game was very impressive, despite the fact that I intentionally turned part of the game into a comedy, choosing the path of the Trickster in the first playthrough

G
Gvs3a8g40f 12.09.22

The leveling variability is amazing...until you beat the game and realize that 90% of the difficulty of the game is just to hit the enemy. In Valdurs Gate 1-2 (98 years old!) and even then the battles were more interesting, reduced to 0mag. protection of the enemy, remove spells of invulnerability to weapons, protective spells, and only after that the battle began (without canceling the mechanics of hitting the enemy!), Mechanics with petrification (fucking basilisks), stopping time by the enemy ... And this I went through first the pathfinder, and after him bg, do not think that this is nostalgia for green grass.

M
Mishetz 12.09.22

Played for a couple of days and deleted. Not intuitively clear, moreover, hostile to the player: interface, skills, weapon description, combat, absolutely everything. Instead of taking what is generally accepted from other RPGs, the developers decided to make their own. You can, of course, spend time figuring it out, if there’s a lot of time, I have a list of games that I want to go through consists of several dozen, and it replenishes faster than I have time to go through what I want, so I’d better take on another game.

z
z8TiREX8z 12.09.22

Misses, and a million debuffs in each battle, which are healed by a spell that can be used several times a day, which of course is not enough. Many more misses. Gay couples are also ubiquitous, and an overabundance of strong women, as well as misses. In short, there is a lot of negativity from the game, and in general you can play without worrying if it weren’t for misses.