3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lunersun 14.09.21 12:32 am

Game Impression (Life is Strange: True Colors)

A dedicated theme where you can share your gaming experience.
28 Comments
Sort by:
N
No_time_for_gaming 14.09.21

Spoiler

N
Nurp 14.09.21

Not_time_for_games
... looking at the photo, I would like to know what other games do you like?

N

Nurp fallout
chitre kalof
dyuti there are still
different horror stories

N

DotA!!
falaot 76
yes a lot of what i like

T
Tyckas123 14.09.21

There is almost no gameplay. The plot and dialogues are flared and banal. Graphics ... weird. The first game in which I experienced krinzh.

b
barabear 14.09.21

the next school movie, what were the previous parts, the only plus for which is for the norms of facial animations, at least now the characters do not look like dummies and they are more or less pleasant to look at

J
James_Mails 14.09.21

Well, I literally just interrogated the game, I'll say this - I'm impressed by the plot twist, the soundtracks (especially them), the emotions that I experienced playing this game, I literally stuck into it all day. I am fully satisfied =)
The only thing that annoyed me was hard drawdowns / lags when switching from location to location / scene to scene, especially at the end at such a moment it was a little off topic ... Well, the price tag is quite expensive, I bought the previous part literally right at the start for 1199 rubles (for me in the region of 400+ UAH), which is a fairly acceptable price tag, here they ask an unbearable 1999 rubles for the regular version and 2350.30 rubles for delux (I usually take with all the buns, well, for me it's 1399 and 1638 UAH ( in steam), respectively, and if we translate my prices into rubles, 3,800 and 4,485 rubles will be released, which is 2-3 times more expensive than in Russia ... In general, to my great joy it was posted without protection and I was able to play a day exit, which is immensely happy =)
UPD: Perhaps when I buy a thread, for example, when keys appear in Internet stores at an affordable price, well, or I'll wait for discounts =)

j
jituran 14.09.21

From the pros:
All 5 episodes at once.
The game is absolutely free on various resources.
General atmosphere, musical accompaniment.

Cons:
Almost linear storytelling, minimum interactivity.
The most sugary sweet years.
Painfully predictable and boring plot.
The inability to skip dialogues.

In short, the game is more disappointing, clearly the most hacky of the trilogy.

J
James_Mails 14.09.21

jituran
1) In what sense is linear? I did not check all the dialogue options, firstly, it will take a lot of time, and secondly, there is no desire to do this on a pirate, if I had a license, it would have gone over a dozen times with different choices. No, well, if you skip everything at all and shove it like a tank for the main task, then yes, the game is linear and no, as you said, "interactivity", but this can be said about any story game if you go purely "straight" without examining anything ...
2) GG as GG, I don't know what to say here)
3) Is the plot predictable? I would not say, I will not spoil, but in the final I was honestly shocked) And I would not say boring, in Chapter 3 I blissed out playing roleplaying =)
4) Skipping is possible in the game settings (not all dialogues, but he if you turn it on).

Perhaps I will seem to be an ardent defender of this game, but I will say this, initially I was not a fan of Part 1 when it came out, and I started playing this series of games only after completing Life is Strang Before The Storm, so it impressed me to the fullest ... The emotions that I experienced after going through this game are just something ... And only after I went through Part 1 ... Then 2 came out, well, not a bad game, I even bought it. Well, this one follows.
Purely my top of this series is:
1st place: Before The Storm
2nd place: True Colors
3 places: 1st and 2nd parts of the game

L
Lamarr 66 14.09.21

boring game, heroes do not reveal norms at all
one steph is normal

M
Man dead 14.09.21

James_Mails is an
interesting taste of the
game that everyone shitty from you on the contrary to the top-1 in the series)

R
RaptoR BTR 14.09.21

As expected, the first part remains the favorite in everything, plot, atmosphere, ability, choices. I can't say that about this game. Alex didn't remember anything at all and it was very boring to play for her. Only her friend delivered, the others just pissed off everyone.

J
James_Mails 14.09.21

Man Dead
Well, I don't even know what to say ... I can only say that after the final I had variance and I literally cried for 2 days and wanted to somehow change the game, especially the ending ... I just became very attached to the characters

N
Nighthawkreal 14.09.21

You know, I'm pleasantly surprised, from these developers and after what happened in the second part, I expected much worse. It looks like the squares took into account the mistakes of the first parts. Everything here is without excesses, without annoying templates, even the villain is not some kind of descriminator, but just a person who made a mistake, succumbed to weakness, heaped lie upon lie and, as a result, believed in it. Both companions of the heroine have equal roles (otherwise poor Woru did not have enough space in the game), the player's full choice. With innocence Stef again went a little too far, but for me Ryan looks even more alive. The heroine herself still falls short of Max (in fact, she is the main reason why I became interested in the franchise at all), her strength is interesting and organic, but she herself is somehow empty, she really lives with other people's emotions. Visually, I liked the game - the heroine has rich facial expressions, the photographs are no longer sketches, even the hair is animated, it's a pity the glasses are literally glued to the face. The endings are simple, but without depreciation as in the first part and plot holes as in the second.

In general, I thought the franchise has already given oak, but maybe not.

O
Oleg 78-2020 14.09.21

The main character is crawling like a turtle.
Constant downloads and videos (the same ones) quickly get bored.

V
VioO 14.09.21

at first it was impossible to play, so boring, but after Gabe's death it became interesting, cool that you could try to guess who the villain is, in my case I immediately thought of Diana, and then somewhere in the middle of the game I thought what if they did the villain of the main good-natured Jed, then I would be surprised and so it turned out ahah for this plus. although, I immediately realized when they went with him to the mines that he would dump her there. in general, the game left a good impression, but as I didn’t like it at first, I didn’t like it later, so slow, these views and so on, well, such boringness and facepalm, in short.
but the game is many times better than 2 parts, I do not regret that I played 7/10

S
Stifler's mom 18.09.21

Not bad, but at the same time very uneven game. In places it is great, in places it is boring, in places it is slow, in places it is fast. And the main disadvantage is the characters. Very mediocre. Only Steph is real! The best character in the game. Such a heroine with the atmosphere of the masterpiece of the first part. No wonder the developers dedicated the upcoming addition to her. The graphics got much better, about as much as the performance got worse. There seems to be drama in the game, but at the same time, I missed it. Somehow everything is cloying and sometimes not logical.
But in general, the specifics of such games, especially from the same office (Twin Mirror, Tell mi Wai and others), are always interesting to me. It does not load, but rather relaxes. Such games, despite the minimum of gameplay, are simply necessary

N
Nighthawkreal 18.09.21

Stifler's mom
This is a different office.

For me, Stef is too perfect for an interesting character.

J
Justice unit 18.09.21

An excellent game was played with pleasure only infuriated the agenda in the game, but as we know now, without it, nowhere, and if you don't really delve into all this, you can even skip the weight of this scam squeezed from the first episode where Geryon pisses a man to the point of death, this is generally a facepam but a great atmosphere plot and soundtracks have not gone anywhere great movie as always

C
Castly 18.09.21

Hell, I was hoping so specifically for a new era of Strange Life that I didn't even buy it at the sale, but in the end I got ... well, this.
I can’t say with complete certainty that the game is trash and not worth the money, but it’s just fucking nothing. I didn’t need a whirlwind gameplay, a super-twisted storyline or anything incredible, but the game really is not.
I'll start with the pros, because I went through the game and would be a hypocrite if I didn't say about the pros of the game.
1. Oddly enough, I liked the heroine. Yes, she says little, her internal monologues are sooooo much like Max, and her strength, let's face it, is poorly worked out. At the same time, I enjoyed going through episodes with her past, where it was clear why she was like that, why she kept everything to herself and spoke so little. I don't even want to touch on the appearance, because after half an hour of playing, I really didn't care how she looked.
2. Music my compliments. Of course, I’m unlikely to do as with the soundtrack of the first part, including it on the road or just listening while reading or working, but I liked the songs and playing the guitar (although it’s a pity that these moments were not enough)
3. The graphics were pleasing to the eye. And I'm not talking about anti-aliasing or texture quality, but more about the general aesthetics of the town and it is gorgeous there. Devilishly colorful and lively, although they could have made the locations larger, but this is nit-picking.
4. Characters ... here I go to two extremes. The supporting characters are cool, there's no dispute. I liked everyone, even the seemingly shitty Mac. Each has a story, their quests are interesting, the dialogues are cool, as are their emotions. But here are two potential romantic interests? God, this is such a horror ripped out of fanfiction that it's not even funny. Firstly, there are really few of them in the frame, no, seriously, how am I supposed to get attached to Steph if all communication with her is a few scenes? Even their dialogues after confessions are just blah. Okay, I'll give you an example.
In the first part, I (like most) chose Chloe. Like Warren was there, but seriously, who picked this guy? And why? Because Chloe was with the heroine throughout all the episodes, got stuck in all the stories, participated in a bunch of dialogues and gave us exposure. There was no sense of incompleteness and I believed that yes, in reality they survived the shit and opened their feelings to each other.
In True Colors, we get at the end "Yes, I want to get out of the city and hang out around the world again, but if you want to stay, then I will stay with you, because you are my support and very dear to me." How did it come to this ?! Where is the disclosure of the relationship? Where is the fucking story? Where are the awkward moments and adventures together? This was not from the word at all (And yes, I mean the role-playing episode, which, by the way, is beautiful). Judging by the dates in the sms and posts on Alex's phone, it took a long time there, but they didn't even show us this.
Iiii on this the pros are over (for me) Let's move on to the minuses.
1. The plot ... I just don't even know how to describe the sensations from it. Secondary? Screenwriter laziness? Failure to balance drama and life? Damn me if I can explain. There was a feeling that the authors cut pieces of the plot to speed up development. The main theme of revenge is disclosed in such a small way that it is not even funny. The heroine collects pieces of information (one flash drive, two friends, beer and the case is solved) and then brings everyone to the surface (also in one dialogue). Where is the investigation? Where is the clarification of details and the search for information? Where is the tension?
It felt something like this: Oh, I arrived in the city. Hell, my brother didn't die by accident, I'll solve this case. "few week's later". I found a USB stick with all the necessary evidence. Damn, we have a holiday here, first there, and then I'll definitely solve the case. Oh god, was that you?
2. Forces. Here I am too subjective and I can say with confidence that reading emotions sucks compared to rewinding time in ten cases out of five. Yes, it's kind of fun, especially when you have to read the attitude of characters to things or events, but ... It's so poorly implemented.
Like (I'll describe here a hole in the plot, which, in my opinion, just killed the ending for me, so don't read if you're afraid of spoilers) So, the heroine can read emotions and how she explains these emotions must be strong to read them. How strong are they? I do not ask the heroine, who has been suppressing these forces all her life out of fear, to give me a guide to them, but damn it. Can we read the emotions of a couple who, like, are worried about their relationship with each other, or read the emotions of a runner who is worried about their appearance, but we cannot read the emotions of the person responsible for killing their brother? Seriously? Like this event shook up the biggest shoal of a villain in his life, and nothing? No glimpses? Not even a hint? How does it even work then? Sociopath villain or psycho? So no, an ordinary member of society with his corrals, but we cannot read his emotions. That sucks.

To summarize, the game is ... empty.
This is not a drama, not a romantic comedy, not a story about justice or the search for truth. This is just an episode from life, stretched for some reason into five parts. There is a weak plot, a weak study of forces, a weak romantic relationship and a bunch of seemingly cut content. I cannot recommend the game with a clear conscience, but if you are a fan of the first part like me, then it would not hurt to get to know the game just as a tribute.