3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lunersun 14.09.21 12:32 am

Game Impression (Life is Strange: True Colors)

A dedicated theme where you can share your gaming experience.
28 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nighthawkreal 18.09.21

Castly
Yes, I agree, the villain is a guru of self-control if he managed to hide everything from Alex. Although as a character I liked him.

PS I chose Warren because the scene in the parking lot says everything about him.

B
Blond1n 18.09.21

jituran

I agree completely with this comment. The weakest in the plot of all parts, even the short Captain Spirit or the ambiguous plot of Tell Me Why, separate from the series, is more intense. This does not mean that you do not need to play the game, you just need to be prepared that nothing depends on you, just a comic.

C
Castly 18.09.21

NightHawkreal
Duck, yes, the main villain (but what a villain he is, just a confused old man clinging to the past) is simply unrealistic to suck like an antagonist. I don't know what the authors of the game wanted to show. Is it possible that each person is such a tangle of emotions and is capable of shitty deeds? If they just introduced paranormalism, even the most simple one, it would take out the game (at least for me).
Enter the spirit of forests or mountains, and remove unconvincing bullshit from companies and it will be better.
There is a spoiler.
I still don't understand why the company went to such measures to keep the secret of the villain? Like what is his jamb? Yes, there was an accident that killed people, but this is mine and shit happens. And really the rest of the survivors were simply silent, and those who died did not have relatives and friends? There was no mass sacrifice or super-secret Nazi gold deposits, so why the heck to build a garden? The check did not come just a minute to a minute, postponing the explosion for an hour did not affect the situation at all.
Okay, even if you take as an example how events developed in the game. If the company has such a security and communication system, then remove Mac and his girlfriend and that's it. Grandma just forgets her name.

Fuh, even it is on.

N
Nighthawkreal 18.09.21

Castly
Who needs a spot on their reputation, if instead of it you can make a hero who is going to rule everyone here? Actually, this is why the grandfather is interesting, that there is a lot of good in him, but at the same time he creates fierce game.

Well, Gabe was looking for his daddy, they sent him, maybe everyone else too. As I understand it, the human factor - one rested, the second got scared, everyone decided that he would carry it, not to risk big money for the sake of four people. But the moment with the accusation of stealing a flash drive can only be explained by the fact that the sheriff is an incompetent coward.

Although I agree, this evil corporation does not look at all here. The game doesn’t appeal to the detective at all.

Blond1n
Where does not depend - this is Before the Storm, which is typical - from the same guys.

z
zajebi sve 07.10.21

James_Mails
By the way, I also think Life Is Strange: Before The Storm is the best in the entire series. But my top looks a little different:
1 - Before The Storm
2 - Original Life Is Strange
3 - True Colors
4 - Life Is Strange 2

K
Keks 07.10.21

Who is looking for a relaxed movie - this is the very thing. You walk, click on all interactive objects, read SMS, watch cutscenes.
In my opinion, this part (as well as all others) is inferior to the first. There are no difficult choices here at all, which would have a very strong influence on the plot, there is no emotional stress. I don’t consider the ability to be empathic to be a superpower. But Alex was also credited with something like mind reading. And from this one could make more interesting gameplay, like rewinding time. Also, Alex can be "infected" by the emotions of others, but this happens only a couple of times per game. How is that in general? The writers don't follow their own rules for the plot. But from this one could also make much more unpredictable moments. Each chapter drags on so lazily that the only interesting thing for me was romance Ryan. Yes, this is how the plot does not catch on. In the end, in general, complete nonsense with the departure of his father and why the mine was blown up.

B
Bloodnes 09.12.21

Finally finished off the toy. In general, about the game, we arrived in the city by bus, saw a little drama from Alex's life, in my case, also left on the same bus, the end credits. And all this happens in the same location. In fact, throughout the entire game, we see the same piece of the city, a couple of shops, a pub and a room where the main character lives.
The game actually has nothing to do with this series of games. The little-known American company Deck Nine was involved in the development, hence the weak transfer of the spirit of the previous parts and the clumsy plot and events in the game. If they continue to continue the legacy of Dontnod Entertainment, then the next part clearly won't deserve even a free trial.

K
KingNarik 03.01.22

Finally, I found the strength to finish this horror.
So Life is Strange: True Colors - when size matters.
Indeed, it was hard not to notice the very modest size of the game, compared to other parts. The hitman has already shown us that sometimes much less can be made of more, but this is not the case here. It's just that the game's setting is heavily limited to one piece of a small town. And even though everything there looks very nice and attractive, ummm, little variety?
The graphics have stepped forward, this is the most beautiful Life is Strange. But, to be honest, the previous parts did not fail visually. Only good things can be said about sound and music.
But the most important thing is history, isn't it? In a genre of games that tells a story beautifully, of course yes! And the story turned out to be not just bad, it turned out to be terrifying! She bursts at the seams with any critical approach to detail, she whistles through the chronology of the presentation of events, she simply surprises with her stupidity, in the end. And the funny thing is, this story is far from original. Small towns hold dark secrets and are home to people posing as people they really are not. Wo-ho-ho. Not the first time we hear, not the first time we see, isn't it? Almost a classic raft.
Life is Strange games have already taught us not to relax on a sluggish vanilla narrative, because soon some kind of toughness is bound to happen. And the first episode of True Colors follows the standard of the franchise. Pleasant acquaintances and hugs are quickly replaced by a scuffle, and everything ends in a terrible tragedy, and even with an explosion! Well, cool! Yes. It was cool. Until this moment.
Next, we will have three tedious episodes, in which not only that nothing really happens ... there we will also play an RPG. In an RPG! Inside the adventure game. Not on a computer, no, in life we ​​will pretend to be playing an RPG. Well, not in life, but in life within the game, this game that we play, narrative adventures, not RPGs. Sitting at a computer and playing a game. How do you like it? Is the fur coat wrapped up? Yo-mayo. If I, sitting at the computer, want to play an RPG, I will launch myself an RPG! What are you doing ???
I love mini games. I will even say thank you for Arkanoid, I played it with pleasure! But the mini-games, firstly mini, and secondly, if you wish, you can not play them.
I liked a lot about the game, apart from the mini-games. I liked the characters, they look lively, interesting. It's a pleasure to interact with them. Even the background characters, which you could just walk past, even they deliver. Ehh.
In the last episode, stupidity reaches its climax, and we observe the most tedious, protracted, stupid, facepalm-generating denouement. Even the ending sax. Even this they could not do normally.
As a result, imagine, they took a beautiful small narrow room of four walls, with paintings, wallpaper, everything that is supposed to be. We took a lot of interesting living characters, each with their own personal history, their own experiences. They took the main character, with the tragedy of life, extravagances and everything that is needed in order to be the main character. And so they all were shoved tightly-tightly into a small beautiful room, fed with expired fish, given sour yogurt to drink, and then they showed us to the slow Philisophical music how all these people drowned in their own shit.
Rating: 4/10. Terrible story. That says it all.