3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Daenur 18.09.21 10:36 pm

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

waited, waited for someone to start a topic, but did not wait;)

my IMHO is this: the toy was not 100% successful, then already 90% :) I am pleased with almost everything: the game process itself, and graphics with sound. Of course, everything is linear to the point of disgrace, the player is actually led by the handle throughout the game. In the first couples, there are a lot of tips, and a little further in the game they appear, i.e. flashbacks in front of the save points, where a summary of the next piece of the game is shown.

In general, the Prince, in comparison with the original game, has grown up just immeasurably, runs along the walls, jumps a dozen meters, crawls along steep rocks and shows other miracles of acrobatics :) If you have a gamepad, then there should be practically no problems with the game at all, but I suspect without it you can break your fingers :? The puzzles are generally simple and obvious, if they were not there, the game would have lost a little;)

Rubilovo with monsters is also quite simple: one button is responsible for a strike and one for a block ... that's all :) But there are actually a lot of different jumps and tricks. A somersault looks especially effective during which the prince runs up straight at the enemy, jumps behind him and, turning in the air, cuts the reptile from above in the fall: maniac:

From the original chips: everything connected with the sand of time, killing enemies, the prince accumulates energy in a dagger and at the right moment can play with time as he pleases, i.e. or rewind or slow down or speed up, etc.: up:

The graphics are just great, the Splinter Cell engine is used, if I'm not confusing anything, that's why the lighting is at the highest level and the animation is simply incomparable. The only negative is motion blur, we went too far with it, the image gets blurred all the time.

Camera: with the joypad, everything is extremely convenient again, the right analog navel controls the rotation of the camera, one button is responsible for an alternative angle from above, another one is a first-person view.

Sound: No complaints, nothing really memorable. the truth is, on my computer, there is a problem with too quiet in-game speech of characters, i.e. the music and sound in the screensavers are at a normal level, but the chatter in the game itself is too quiet

:?

In general, the game was a success IMHO, everything in it is in place, well, except that it is a little light and more emphasis is placed on entertainment, and not on some super-deep plot and gameplay

56 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shket 18.09.21

Splinter Sell does not have its own engine

He uses Unreal Tech.

G
GUUD 18.09.21

Damn, in Kiev there is not yet ...

S
Shket 18.09.21

But actually some of the Splinter chips are used.

Like there lighting and other graph effects

a
anest 18.09.21

Cool game no doubt!

Do you know that there is a cheat in it?

Only I don't understand :-(

can someone translate and explain - which room do you need to go to to activate a new submenu ??

>>>

Unlock Original Prince of Persia:

To find this goodie, you'll need to start from the Above the Baths save, once you have your new sword. Go down the stairwell that leads to a large carvernous area. After you make it through this area, you'll end up in a small room with Farah. There's a lever and gear in the center of the room. Turn it cockwise until it clicks twice. Both doors in the room are now closed, but you have also opened a secret door that you cannot see. Go to the wall directly opposite the entrance. Swing until you find a spot on the wall where your sword doesn't spark. Strike this area a few times to reveal a hidden room. Enter to unlock the game, which is now available from the main menu.

>>>

G
Guest 18.09.21

The game is very enjoyable. It is immediately felt that this little thing is European. Moreover - French. Style !, what can I say.

And most importantly - the spirit of the primordial "Prince" is present, which I certainly did not expect.

An unambiguous must have.

PS Management only requires getting used to. A little uncomfortable at first.

D
Daenur 18.09.21

Duc this ... Prince something like the Montreal studio UbiSoft did, although, you can also say the French;)

G
Guest 18.09.21

Control of the publisher from above is present. As well as the influence on the minds of developers, and therefore on the final result.

So it would have been a French thing anyway :)

V
Valerik 18.09.21

People! Help pliz, I have a problem. I launch the Prince, start to go through the first level and he hangs. I start over again - it hangs again (and this is in the same place). Tried with a friend - the same thing. Is there an antidote to this in the form of a patch (or something)? If anyone knows - tell me, I will be grateful for a century ...

PS: hands to rip off these ... scoundrels pirates. : maniac:

a
anest 18.09.21

Thanks to these "scoundrels-pirates" you have the opportunity to save a lot of money. Admit it.

And secondly, the reason may not be in the pirates at all (which is most likely the case) but in your scratched disk.

The reasons for all your failures should be sought first of all in yourself and not in those around you ;-)

V
Valerik 18.09.21

Thanks to these "scoundrels-pirates" you have the opportunity to save a lot of money. Admit it.

And secondly, the reason may not be in the pirates at all (which is most likely the case) but in your scratched disk.

The reasons for all your failures should be sought first of all in yourself and not in those around you ;-)

I meant specifically those pirates who released this disc, and not all in general. And the point is precisely in them, tk. I come to the store today and find out ... that the disc has been withdrawn from sale. It turns out that everyone who took the Prince has the same aforementioned problem.

P
PiramydHead 18.09.21

guys, is there a game on chips?

G
Guest 18.09.21

2 CD

V
Valerik 18.09.21

[quote name = "Cray"] 2 CD [/ quote]
Not always. Akellovskaya, licensed version - on two discs, and the pirated, the one that I took, was on one.

K
Kay'L 669 18.09.21

The question as I understand it was about the original number of CDs. And the fact that russeffekalizatars can make 5 CD games on one disc is true. :)

a
anest 18.09.21

Pardon me, but all the same, does anyone know about the cheat I asked about a little higher in the same topic? As I understand it, this case exists both in the PC version and in the PlayStation2 - I am interested in the latter, since there is no way to launch a crack;) and unlock this menu: (
actually I am interested in which room you need to go to and what exactly is needed there do.

thanks.

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

[quote name = "Valerik"] People! Help pliz, I have a problem. I launch the Prince, start to go through the first level and he hangs. I start over again - it hangs again (and this is in the same place). Tried with a friend - the same thing. Is there an antidote to this in the form of a patch (or something)? If anyone knows - tell me, I will be grateful for a century ...
PS: I would like to rip off my hands to these ... scoundrels of pirates. : maniac: [/ quote]
Switch to English, it helped me!

V
Valerik 18.09.21

[quote name = "3 @ y4iK"] [quote name = "Valerik"] People! Help pliz, I have a problem. I launch the Prince, start to go through the first level and he hangs. I start over again - it hangs again (and this is in the same place). Tried with a friend - the same thing. Is there an antidote to this in the form of a patch (or something)? If anyone knows - tell me, I will be grateful for a century ...
PS: I would like to rip off my hands to these ... scoundrels of pirates. : maniac: [/ quote]
Switch to English, it helped me! [/ quote]
Thanks for the advice, but I already took the licensed Russian version. Thank God, there was no such glitch. : wink:

[quote name = "Kay'L 669"] And the fact that russeffekalizatars can make 5 CD games on one disc is true. [/ quote]
[size = 75] Hmm, I remember once I took Enter the Matrix on one disc (7 Wolf made fun of it) - laughter and nothing more. [/ size]

N
NarayanCat 18.09.21

uh-uh ... for some reason in Chelyabinsk it is not yet there ... but the hunt would be ... what about the requirements, according to your feelings?

V
Valerik 18.09.21

[quote name = "NarayanCat"] uh-uh ... for some reason in Chelyabinsk it is not yet there ... but the hunt would be ... what about the requirements according to your feelings? [/ quote]
The requirements are quite normal. On my Athlon 2200, 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 (128 RAM) just flies even if everything is done to the maximum. :)

N
NarayanCat 18.09.21

if low - it's great just)) it remains to find where the thread)))