3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis g 26.09.21 08:02 pm

What's the point of the BSAA ending? (Resident Evil: Village)

If someone suddenly lit something - share it.
We've previously played as BSAA operatives. And Chris Redfield himself has served in this anti-bioterrorism organization for many years. In the seventh to eighth parts of RE, this organization was almost not touched, except that Chris, for some reason, left the organization and started working for a certain new Umbrella (which is still delusional by definition).
But in the ending we see (spoiler). The question is - why and how? What happened to that BSAA, which we knew from the leadership of Clive O'Brian, and in which such idealists as Chris and Sheva served? There are no references to this transformation in the lore at all.
6 Comments
Sort by:
j
jesterojoker 26.09.21

Because a complete RESTART OF THE SERIES !!!

D
Denis g 26.09.21

To some extent, yes, in the gameplay, but not in terms of the plot. The game has enough references to the past parts, and Chris himself quite recognizes them (Ozwell Spencer's notes, Umbrella's logo, the mentioned "Progenitor" virus and other references to the prequels).
It seems that some important content was cut between the sixth and seventh parts, which, perhaps, will be shown in RE: Revelations 3.
It seems it's time to replay the seven. There were some references to this topic. And, if I'm not mistaken, according to the seven, Chris still works for the BSAA, although he works with the blue Umbrella.

O
OSKaR2255 29.09.21

The BSAA still exists and Chris is still working for it. Nothing seems to have changed.
And "blue Umbrella" is a re-organized Umbrella, which now wants to stop all viruses and is actively cooperating with the Government and the BSAA.
The essence of the ending - it looks like there is a traitor in the European headquarters of the BSAA and the groundwork for the 9th part.

S
SkyraX 07.10.21

maybe Chris in this game is not Chris at all.
In fact, even in the first mission with Mia, where we settle the child and then the house is attacked, in this scene there is ALREADY neither the real Mia, nor the real Ethan, Rose is still in question

H
Hunk123 07.10.21

SkyraX
I can play with you, but I will not, I will say one thing, your theory can be quickly drained.

O
OtelloMuffinCheck 03.11.21

Hunk123
Well, why did you give a shit then? The discussion is about the ending and includes spoilers.