3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
raiper 26.09.21 08:02 pm

Far Cry: Summary (Far Cry)

Well, in short, I went through this baidu at the level of a veteran regretted that I did not start on realistic almost fell asleep
there someone knocked knuckles on the monitor ....
let's say the game was created by people, to put it mildly, clearly far from battle tactics

for example !!!

I lie behind the Kustoi and, like in a shooting range, I shoot the creeping dolbo .... at this time 10 people come up from the side and wail "where is he ...." without shooting through the bushes, or throwing grenades ...
I throw grenades and shoot on the silhouettes behind the bushes ... no reaction ... then when everything calms down and I see a mountain of corpses ... and this is an advanced AI

monsters are just stupid bastards finally no problem

extinguish the monkey in the head, don't let jump

and you can just run away from the godzilla or 2 horns in the tower

Of course, everything is beautiful, but there is a lack of something ...
yes ... the atmosphere,

remembering Wolf, the engine of the game is ancient, but the atmosphere, brothers ... probably 10 times I probably passed Faro, I definitely won't be hooked anymore ...

but finally, lads, if you want to have a real thrill from console battle play Vietcong at the level of Vietnam (a la Realistic) really harder than the game, no I say as past many topics

here there is no armor, first aid kits,
limited ammunition of
no more than 2 guns in hand
there is no radar showing the enemy
and all this in the Jungle the

enemy is smart .. enters from several sides the
sniper unnoticed with one shot demolishes the tower;
enemies really scatter from the fallen grenade ...
but how they throw grenades it's just a holiday some kind of fucking tout not only knuckles
x ... knocking on the monitor
it's almost a real battle at the end of the mission, you just experience an orgasm from the consciousness of your own coolness .. ha ha the
game is really not for brakes and neurostenics. .
who let him try to survive Fest Alpha is prodolzhnie there even steeper.
128 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kefka 26.09.21

As I understand it, you didn't like the game. Well go to the Vietcong forum - no one is holding. Personally, I hate games that justify American militarism.

r
raiper 26.09.21

Yes, you probably Igorez is a former Komsomol organizer of your mother !!!

it's not about militarism, but in the process itself, I believe that modern shooters should be as close to reality as possible and not be beautiful pictures for infantile idiots who only think where to find a first-aid kit and not how to tactically beat the enemy

I'm not a fan of the Viet Cong, just today it is really the most realistic game in terms of enemy behavior and the difficulty of passing the

Farah was declared as also a super-realistic massacre in fact - a kindergarten with ignorance of elementary combat techniques.

try to pass the Vietcong with the tactics that you ran in Fare and you won't live a minute. there you will not be allowed to lie in one place and aimed fire from the optics of the grenade will immediately bring the status quo ...

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

I want to summarize FarCry, in a way, by listing the advantages and disadvantages, and delivering a verdict, of course - you can and really need to dispute in order to get a clear idea of ​​the game :-).
I'll start with a pleasant one: advantages:
1) awesome graphics quality (water - bravo !!! - honestly, I haven't seen this anywhere else)
2) physics in place (which is none - but a plus)
3) at high difficulty - 2-3 days of play ensured if you play 24 hours a day
4) the presence of various means of transportation (boat, car, hang-glider)
5) high-quality study of the shadow and vegetation and the method of sheltering in it
6) damage remains on the opponents (on the cheek - I saw it myself)
That's probably all :-), nothing else comes to memory. :-)
Disadvantages:
1) unfinished engine -> brakes on cars a little lower than P4 3GHz
2) stupid AI to the point of impossibility, which is just running backwards on his heels, looking at you :-))). Call of Duty will give 100 handicap points for this parameter, although the rest of the game is simple (2 days + Veteran -> Berlin), both in terms of complexity and schedule.
3) I don’t know about you, but I didn’t find such an important parameter as the drawing distance -> dudes are often visible only through binoculars and a sniper rifle, but they see you perfectly and wet you with might and main
4) physics is present, but in comparison with Painkiller is no good
5) an increase in difficulty when choosing the appropriate item is achieved not due to more competent actions of the enemy, but due to the hit points that they remove, and which are needed to eliminate them (in the head it does not count, but in the body - 2-3 horns are not less realism from noiselessness)
6) the plot is a well-worn Jurassic Park in a pure modified form :-))
7) monotony throughout the game: both by the method of elimination and by the method of passing
8) the dubious need to save only at control marks (i I do not mean that the game becomes more difficult because of this (although this is also), but the fact that after each elimination to the head the hand itself reaches F5, and in my opinion the game was originally made for quicksaves)
9) immortal helicopters - haven't you had one? I have 2 times, and it was solved by re-passing the level. Like you wet the shooter, and at least henna, 15 missiles from the boat - no effect + your death after a couple of sniper (truly sniper !!!) hits. It was also like this: the rotorcraft (the propellers are on its wings) got stuck between the trees on the approach to the landing point, it's clear how it all ended ... reset
10) I don't know about the others, but a separate exe-scale for tuning does not work for me: I decided to be funny - I set everything to the maximum and added 4-fold anti-aliasing (on my car! :-)), as a result the igruha began to take off with a critical error. In the executable, the volume put everything to a minimum - the effect is the same.
11) ...
You can remember something else, but already got tired of typing :-).
Bottom line: FarCry will never be a game not only for a month or a year, but even for a week, due to an unambiguous flaw and early release (guessed wrong :-D). An average game, outstanding only in graphics that have never been a major factor in playability ...

K
Kefka 26.09.21

Well, let's start the epistolary battle.

On merits:
1, 5 and 6 your arguments are the same in essence.

As for the disadvantages:
1 The engine, according to the krytek, is already well ruled out + 2, not 3 gigahertz are needed for comfort. The basis for the headlamp is a video card.
2 The dullness of AI is not so often manifested, basically everyone is very smart, but when it does, it is really funny.
3 The drawing distance depends on the amount of RAM, and the dudes see you because this is a glitch of the game (on overclockers there was advice on how to properly configure a file so that they have normal hearing and vision).
4 Physics in the spotlight and payne is simply ridiculous to compare - IMHO all those who played.
5 You are right (however, this is a flaw in all games).
6 You're right.
7 The game offers many tactical solutions to achieve one goal. Not monotonous for a shooter.
8 You're right.
9 All my helicopters are explosive - you need to shoot at the base of the propeller. And aptly. The same with helicopter pilots.
10 Well, it's just a problem with your computer or firewood, etc.
11 Why was the entrance to the site closed for two days with the strange wording "for a malicious flood"?

Bottom line: the game is the best in this half of the year, due to the absence of elephants among the games (well, you know - dum3, xl2).

[IMHO]
Graphics is the most compelling reason to play games on your computer, because no one other than the Japanese can think of a better plot than in Japanese platformer RPGs.
[/ IMHO]

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

As for the drawing range, I have a gig of RAM :-))).
Physics cannot be compared because it is clear: PK is cooler ???
I disagree about the lack of all games in terms of complexity! Haven't you played Mortal Combat III or Ultimate ???
About helicopters - do you think that 15 missiles are not enough? Or maybe he still needs more than 3 shots from a sniper rifle to the head of a machine gunner?
Tactical decisions? What are the tactical decisions in Farah? Play Call of Duty - there are tactical decisions ...
The last question - what is the best one ???
PS there is such an interesting parameter ...

K
Kefka 26.09.21

Fuck you !!!

K
Kefka 26.09.21

Sorry, got excited. This is from misunderstanding. Once again, point by point:

1 1 gig - then your drawing is normal. The vigilance of the mercenaries is caused by the patch glitch (see above)

2 Well, you play a little more in the headlights - you will understand that physics there is more manifested than in the payne (i.e. in the payne there are only various combinations of knocking back monsters from explosions, arrows, etc.) But in the headlight and objects floating in the water, depending on their density, and the exact calculation of the rotational moments of rolling objects, and the dependence of water spray on the angle of the shot into the water, and the very calculated flights of mercenary monsters in the air from explosions and etc., and the calculation of physics when driving a jeep (arrivals, etc.), but there is no free fall acceleration g = 10m / s (will be in a stalker)).

3 About the lack of all games, I meant the plot (wrong point). The battalion commander played mortal - it was difficult (you just have to practice for a long time). On the contrary - did you play persona2: ep? And How?

4 Ten shots are enough (there are missiles in the wheelhouse) + several clips from a machine gun (in the grenade launcher, which, by the way, also has missiles). And the machine gunner's skull acquired hardness after mutation - (follow the plot).

5 Tactical decisions - the choice of the way to destroy the mercenaries (sneak up to the machine gun and dunk everyone, or lure everyone into the bushes by shooting in turn, or aka Sam Fisher use a quiet machine gun, or quickly jump into the jeep and drive away to hell, the levels in the headlight are huge and the paths you can find a lot of capturing your target).

6 I repeat - the best graphics / gameplay combination. Confirmed by sales results.

7 You're not interested, but 90% of the players are.

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

Calm down, boy, calm down.
Let's continue if we are not tired of it :-). I haven't convinced you yet ...
1) if it's normal, it sucks! I don’t need any patch, but if you know where it’s written, how to fix it, post the link.
2) OK, objects float cool, but this is probably the only thing than Far better than PK, and physics of bodies in PK is better anyway :-)))
3) I didn't play in person 2, I say right away, but the plot, Manhunt is a good example - original and tasteful.
4) What kind of cabin? There was no wheelhouse - I was just sailing on a boat, and they had not yet given a submachine gun with a grenade launcher (level 5 - IMHO).
5) For a machine gun? You yourself understood what you said? Well, this is certain death, well, or the elimination of all armor - that's for sure, that's why you don't really ride a wheelbarrow either. The levels are of course huge, but you can only pass in 1, maximum 3, places.
6.7) The main thing is that it is monotonous. You better tell me, why is Far better than CoD in tactics, MH - in plot, PK - in diversity, Hitman - in strategy and Mario - in complexity (:-)))?
What, apart from graphics, does it make it a leader?

K
Kefka 26.09.21

Okay, it's useless to argue with the uninformed. As for glitches - go to www.farcry.ru - everything will be explained and shown. End of communication.

G
Garryman 26.09.21

2 Opera TOP
The helicopter can be easily bored in the "Cargo ship" mission EVEN from a pistol, if you don't throw it on the road - there is a very simple way.
On REALISTICS, the soldiers are smart enough - you have to twist. To do this, turn off AI self-tuning in the game settings, as it greatly facilitates your passage.
As you correctly noted, you can walk through the game in different ways, and each path will be interesting in its own way.
Autosaves will be enough - this makes the game sharper and more interesting.
If you did not see something in the game, then this does not mean that it does not exist, for example, living creatures appear only at high environmental settings (there are even floating sharks) ...

G
Garryman 26.09.21

So you and play on realism, turn off the current AI, so that the soldiers are not fools, and you will remember your veteran youth ... Immediately please!

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

2 all
Self-tuning - disabled by default.
I won't bother you with a helicopter anymore, so be it, you still won't understand :-)) that it appears when you approach the map from the right side ...
2 Kefka
I admit that the game is nothing, and in its genre, probably , so far the best.
During the dispute, we both exaggerated the advantages and disadvantages a little :-), but you must agree: would it not hurt to refresh it with something? For example, by your own design and adding lotions to weapons, or by creating an invisibility cloak from scrap materials, adding special vision (as in Chrome)? And that would have been more fun with a compote.

PS: people, how do you feel about mixing genres? I am FOR, but within reasonable limits, for me, the most relish is a shooter + a little RPG.

l
lawman 26.09.21

to OPERA TOR
... that is, the first Deus EX.

about FAR CRY - I completely agree with you. I think I need to thank the guys for the fact that while nothing good comes out, we dared to release the game. Agree that there is nothing to play in general ...
And this is not a failure like DEUS EX 2 - the latter was expected and hoped, and FAR CRY, with all its shortcomings, made DEUS EX 2 in terms of graphics and physics.
By the way, they say that Saferring (sloppy screenshots on 7 wolf) is not so bad. My colleague came running today with furious eyes and blurted out "Well, full Half Life - scary to eerie" But this is already a topic for another forum ...

K
Kefka 26.09.21

Shooter + a little RPG with graphics - you need a stalker. And Söfferin uses the GTA3 engine - which in itself is a bit weird in 2004. In general, we somehow made up an opinion on the game.

G
Garryman 26.09.21

The game is somewhat dry. I would, say, add secrets, there are all sorts of tricks, switch knives, crossbows, a lighter so that you can set fire to a little (an arrow, a house, etc.). And it would not hurt to use fists, hand-to-hand techniques. so that there was and, perhaps, a non-linear passage, as promised in Stalker.

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

Exactly !!!
PS: Unfortunately, I didn’t flop Deus Ex 2, from the very beginning it crashes with an error, probably the pirates have screwed up something ... Cel 2K, 1Gb Ram, GF4MX440 / 64 / 56.64 ForceWare.

l
lawman 26.09.21

and would not have flooded the MX. But don't be upset - at least you didn't spoil your impressions after the first DEUS EX.
If you accidentally missed Star Wars KOTOR - play - you'll like it.

What are you going to cut yourself into now?

m
moaa 26.09.21

People, since Far Cry has 11 flaws (this is a lot) and you can think of even more, so it can be scrapped.
Since he's so bad, play Devastation, Halo, Chaser, Red Faction2. Fine? Normal: they clearly have fewer drawbacks.

In general, tell me sci-fi action, released over the past 2 years, which is better than Far Cry.

Until the Stalker came out, there was nothing to say. We have already been promised so much and so many times have not kept the promises that it is better not to say what is not. Not even demos.

So, don't you like AI in Far Cry? Why is it difficult to play then? Arguments, except for backwards squatting, present.

O
Opera TOR 26.09.21

2 lawman
To my shame I did not play the first Deus Ex :-(, but SW: KOTOR - passed, both for the light side and for the dark (like at first it was good, and then bad) - the plot is absolutely linear, only at the end of the fork ... it's far from Morrowind, but you can play for a couple of weeks ...
And they brought Sacred, but I somehow crookedly virtualized it, so I'll start only from Monday, otherwise I wanted to play Hitman (after Manhunt ' 'but flooded after all :-)))) - the fry poyuzal, no, not my genre, not sausage at all, Manhunt is on the GTA engine, closer to my heart :-)) (by the way, by the 4-5 missions it no longer seems cruel, perceived as pure virtuality), well, now I am burning in Chrome (it has been lying around since spring).
2 MOAA
It is difficult to play, because they snip from a regular rifle, they fall 200 meters away: - ((, and it’s stupid, which is not at all: he practically doesn’t throw grenades, I’m standing behind a tree - there’s no way to run around, the rod is straight to the forehead, then - I'm not lying in the bushes, just behind a hill, got out, shot (in the head :-))), crawled back: I didn't wait for anyone, although the people around ..., and in general what to say? My grenades don't run very much, especially if the building :-))), they go only head-on, and only immediately and only in a bunch (which is actually not bad, both for them and for me) ... yet?

P
PlayGround.ru 26.09.21

bullshit is all a dog, that's for sure. Who needs your fucking super booper mega realism? We need an interesting game, that's what you need! Tell me: What kind of realism is it in the ass if, when a bullet hits (no matter where), the fighter continues to run (and if in the leg?) Shoot (and if in the hand?) Carry two barrels, grenade cartridges with him? I’ll repeat this - this doesn’t happen in life? Once a bullet IF ONLY caught - and you have to be a super commando to fuck and fight someone further. If the wound is more severely affected by the artery, and so on - that's all - on the battlefield you are 90% khan if you continue to shove forward, and do not move to the hospital ?. What nah first aid kits? Where in real life are injuries healed up to 100% with some kind of box on which a red cross is drawn ?? Rave. And HERE is just that little of the REAL situation. The rest is bullshit. So this is what I mean: who needs all this? You can screw it all up, but who will play it when it is impossible to play it? Well, there are a couple of nerd perverts. And only that.
I'm talking about this.