3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Slimman 07.10.21 09:34 pm

Arrows or WASD? Your opinion.

So, in this thread we are discussing which control buttons we like and why.
Personally, when playing Perfect World, when there was no choice, I got used to WASD. It is very convenient. In 1 - you can reach both the mouse and other buttons. In 2 - there are games (such as AC) where there are 4 options for weapons. use the arrows to select. There are many more to be quoted.
As for the control of the arrows ... the little one is playing with them, which simply does not understand WASD, tk. "there are arrows, so they need to be controlled."
Your opinion on how you play.
121 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 07.10.21

Vladlen28 12.24.10 03:26
Your question is not the topic, but still. You can try this game: http://www.playground.ru/games/devil_may_cry_4/

V
Vladlen28 07.10.21

Help if there is a game where there is a cool hand-to-hand fight or boxing, kickbox, but such that you can beat it normally, I will
look at all the options, well, in short, I want a fight-game, help
and if it's not difficult to press to answer.

I'm just tired of playing almost all the games, and if even such a
Devil Mac is not right.
But thanks.

g
gordon f. [findering] 07.10.21

In general, there are just people with herd instinct here, like everyone plays wasd and I will. You have not even tried to play the arrows, and already say that it is not convenient. In general, the initial layout in the games was in two versions: 1-z, x , shift, ctrl, alt
2-arrows.
But once, when Carmack opened another quake tournament and promised the winner his Ferrari, one of the players came up with the wasd layout in ~ 1998, not so long ago. So if it weren't for this player, you would probably all be playing on the arrows now ...

A
A.Soldier of Light 07.10.21

So if it weren't for this player, you would probably all be playing on the arrows now.
No. I have other buttons, not wsad, I set for my own convenience. And the mod for wsad or arrows (let's say) would not change anything. It was just convenient for me to use a different keyboard shortcut: mouse2-dwr =]

U
User 924207 07.10.21

WASD

S
SCAR. 07.10.21

Vladlen28
Help if there is a game where there is a great hand-to-hand fight or boxing, kickboxing but such that you can beat a normal felling I will
look through all the options well, in short, I want a fight-game, help
and if it's not difficult press answer.

Do you have a console? If so, play Condemned 2: Blood Shot. First-person hand-to-hand combat is well implemented there, and where else can you find a game in which a crowd of homeless people can stumble you in a gateway. =)

R
Rainbow_user 07.10.21

I used to play the arrows with both hands (it seemed to be easier). Now I'm doing everything on the left on WASD.

-
-Cosh- 07.10.21

ROFL and LMAO

T
Tohno 07.10.21

Once I saw how one person plays QWES + mouse. It turned out no worse than WASD.
Subject.
WASD + mouse - almost all games.
Arrows - old and favorite arcade games.

t
tohich010 07.10.21

WASD is the most convenient thing. If you get used to it, you will never confuse the buttons.

C
Chile's bowels 07.10.21

WASD + mouse - for everything except racing and games with carry / shogi / spectrum.
In wasd races, it is inconvenient due to the fact that a mouse is often not needed, and additional things (looking back, handbrake, gear shifting, nitrous oxide in arcades) are easier to use with the left hand. IMHO)

zy 10 years ago I played some pirated version of UT99 with arrows because the settings were not saved. Bugurtil)

N
New user 07.10.21

WASD of course. In racing gamepad

M
Metal boss v 07.10.21

WSAD

R
Robar III 07.10.21

WASD + mouse - almost all games.
Arrows or other keys - fighting games, racing, etc.

C
Corrosion 07.10.21

WASD

pix.PlayGround.ru

L
Lifemaniac 07.10.21

WASD

O
Osprey 07.10.21

wasd

o
oko34 07.10.21

As it is convenient for anyone!

M
MunchkiN 616 07.10.21

Formally, I play the arrows because the miniy in the keyboard has a wasd block in the likeness of arrows and is isolated from other letters.
and so in the old days, I usually had everything set up on the arrows according to the precepts of the Gothic and GTA and the nearest buttons around them. it means ctrl to jump, shift to run, enter is to steal a car and an action, a space is like to get a weapon, 0 is some important feature of a quick slap. 1 less important couple, to erase letters is usually inventory or buttons to delete, end, page are important by the type of menu, but most of the actions in games are usually not. In parallel, I've always wanted more buttons on the mouse.
the beeches wasd only have the advantage that this is the industry standard, that you start the game and immediately start playing, and so it turns out with the assignment of the buttons, you started and then rearranged if the gameplay is not right. plus some games are somehow poorly stupidly patched up. also, when there is not enough space at the pitch, it is more convenient to use letters because the hand does not need to reach closer to the mouse and you sit with your hands laid down and so you sit crookedly askew.
cons of letters - letters, as a rule, are not readable by color or tactilely, and I usually do not remember where the buttons are, if there are a lot of 5-6 buttons I still remember, but after a large number I look at them. the letters of the typed keyboards are beveled, and there they are close, so if your nails are long, you wake them up to touch the buttons e and ku. By the way, you will not touch the gamepad on the gamepad.
Therefore, my choice is more likely in general a mouse with at least 3 additional buttons for 3D actions and there you can quickly take screenshots.