3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Trestan 14.10.21 10:40 pm

What to take? GTX 970 SLI vs GTX 980ti

In general, I decided to change the vidyuhu and not anyhow, but on 980 ti, and in fact, until the last moment, the question did not even arise about some alternative, but the moment of truth came, the money was on the stern and then I got to the 970 sli test, where this bundle with a very such a good stock tears 980ti into the trash. In general, now there are big doubts about the relevance of my initial choice, food I have with a margin of both one and a bunch. There is also another matter, in fact, I can take one 970 right now and after a while just buy the second one (as it becomes relevant). Actually, SLI itself is embarrassing, I don’t know how it’s right now (I don’t follow it for a long time), but before with these deuces there were eternal problems, incompatibilities, some glitches. In general, there was a lot of negativity. It’s interesting how things are in general now, is it worth taking a bunch, or is it top-end it is top. I beg you not to dissolve srach, the assumptions are not interesting, I would like to hear a reasoned opinion from someone who really speaks competently. I have only one paltos, I take it with a margin for at least several years and I want to take it right.

I have an i7 3770k, 16gb ram. The rest is secondary.

PS: which is important if 970 is 5+ thousand cheaper than one 980
24 Comments
Sort by:
7Rain7 14.10.21

Cross from R9 290x

l
legusor 14.10.21

in order for two 970s to justify their performance and cost completely (x16 to x16), you will have to change the percentage and the motherboard to the top ones. otherwise, you get (x8 by x8). this is a less justified waste (albeit cheaper) than buying one 980ti, moreover, with its full sli performance, an array of two 970s will be less efficient than one 980ti. Plus, all 970s have a defect in the "last 0.5GB" of memory. when you hammer in all 4 GB in toys, the memory bandwidth drops to the level of office shit. take the 980ti and don't bother. Your percent is good, you don't have to listen to all sorts of Ivanushki about unlocking potentials.

T
Trestan 14.10.21

Reds are not even examined !!!

v
vanoz13 14.10.21

Trestan
If interested. I have 970 (i5 4690k + 8 opera. 1600 and Monique 24), I bought it a year ago. Not a single game (everything goes to ultra) has loaded the system at max (there is still a margin, at least two, three years). Hence, buy one and if not, get an SSD. And yet, devices like 980ti, SLI from 970 and TITAN are needed for large 4k monitors. And by the way, the 970 is inferior to the 980 in tests by only 10-13%, which is almost imperceptible to the eye, but the price difference is noticeable. Think about it. Good luck.

7Rain7 14.10.21

vanoz13
I have it all nishtyak with the system. I have already thought of everything and bought everything. You wrote a campaign to someone else.
290x all flies on max and with a margin. One died from the cross, but there was a marriage, the loot was returned.
Trestan
Well under DX12 I would quite consider.

v
vanoz13 14.10.21

7Rain7
Yes, I didn't write to you, sorry ...

T
Trestan 14.10.21

vanoz13
With the fact that the 970 has a margin, I agree, ssd is there and it does not give any performance, except for loading Windows, programs, etc., in games ssd can only affect the loading of levels, it does not give any increase in frame rates. As for Monica, I'll take a good one in the next month or two.

T
Trestan 14.10.21

Actually, the question is almost resolved, I will not be wise and dwell on my original decision of 980, it will be enough for the eyes for 3-4 years. Buying 970 sli will require replacing the mother, and this shoveling the entire system unit + because of the purchase of a new mother will require extra money, and nevertheless, the bundles confuse me, it's probably not mine. In general, it remains to choose a manufacturer, I tend to MSI or GIGABYTE OC solutions, the price is approximately the same (+ -300 rubles) MSI is very praised, but I read that it has a shitty BIOS and when or whether it will be different at all is not known, according to GIGABYTE everything seems to be smooth And the factory razkon seems to be faster. Does anyone have an opinion on the manufacturer, are there any lucky owners of onny cards?

s
spaimus 14.10.21

vanoz13
at what resolution

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

In this case, I think that it is better in the future, however 980 it has more memory and that's it. performance she has so and so you can look at a similar 780 and what she can now.
If 970 of course there will be paving but 4 gigbubes for the next 1.5-2 I think a little. and tee will be out of date by that time and will fly into the trash heap.
and the principle does not have to change much. for 3770, as far as I know, the controller does not support the express 3.0 standard bandwidth. if the motherboard has the ability to install 2 cards in 8 + 8 mode, then on cards of this level 30 + fps, in principle, this should be enough. however, the deliberately small amount of GPU memory will strain the line more.

-
-SK.art- 14.10.21

Trestan
two 970s are faster than one 980 on average by 20-25%. But there are games where slides are not supported. For example, stalker Lost Alpha, Dead Rising 3. I don’t remember anymore ....
The 980 has an undeniable plus - a large amount of memory, which is relevant for playing in high resolution (above 2.5k).
And now the funniest part. If you have 50k, then boldly take 980. It would be possible to make a bunch of 970 if one 970 was already purchased from you and you suddenly wanted to build up relics. That is what I did in due time - I bought the second 970 in slides 2 months after the purchase of the first card. If at that time I would have had money for 980 and it would have been on sale (at the time of the purchase of the second card, it only had to come out), I would have bought it.

I have an i7 3770k

in both cases it is desirable to drive it mercilessly. To unleash the potential of cards ..

-
-SK.art- 14.10.21

legusor
for two 970s to justify their performance and cost completely (x16 to x16), you will have to change the percentage and the motherboard to the top ones. otherwise you get (x8 to x8)

PCI-E 3.0 x8 perfectly pump 970. The difference from 16x16 is within the margin of error.

T
Trestan 14.10.21

Many thanks to everyone for responding to my question and for quite intelligible answers. As I said, and after listening to your opinion, I will stop at 980, thanks again to everyone)))

G
GG4 14.10.21

Trestan
There is no point in taking either the first or the second. At the beginning of 2016, Pascal comes out - read about it and you will understand everything. Now taking video cards is an outright divorce.

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

GG4
Pascal, as far as the Posones said, will also not support full hardware dx12 and some new shader model.
therefore it turns out that it is the same divorce waiting to collect pitch for 5 years.

T
Trestan 14.10.21

GG4 I have
already taken it and have never regretted it, wait for the next year, then wait until the reference is released, then the version. This is a vicious circle, you know yourself. I had a question either or, in the current rialiyah and I made my choice and I repeat, I do not regret not a minute.

M
MKUltra 14.10.21

GG4
Now taking video cards is an open scam

Video cards are always a scam.

s
saa0891 14.10.21

GG4

Now taking video cards is an open scam .

How am I being pinned by the waiters who are constantly waiting for something, you have to play now and not in six months or a year.

G
GG4 14.10.21

saa0891
I do not argue, but if it is played normally on the current system, then what prevents you from waiting another six months? The fact is that there will no longer be Maxwells, but a completely new line with new technologies and technical process - this is definitely worth waiting a little, and not taking now.

s
saa0891 14.10.21

GG4

If it was played normally, would a person think about an upgrade.

And in a year another line will be released, then again and so on ad infinitum, of course, if it were within a month or two, then it would still be possible to wait, but this will stretch for another half a year, taking into account the fact that you still need to wait for non-reference models , and then in any case you can always sell your video and buy a new one, which I actually always do.