3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arentos 14.10.21 10:48 pm

Literary club on PG

Are you fond of classics? Fantasy? A detective? Adventure books? And do you read at all?
71 Comments
Sort by:
K
KeFEAR 14.10.21

Dachshund ... remembered. Then there is OHenry and his awesome stories, and Arthur Conan Doyle with Sherlock.

[
[KWAZAR] 14.10.21

Roger Zelazny, Alex Orlov, Fred Saberhagen, Roman Zlotnikov - in general, science fiction, and "psychological fiction")

i
ivanzer 14.10.21

the topic for demolition, aftar in the ban))))
because on top, well, except that the name is different, almost the same, and for the important thing they fixed it, lovers of literature, and even circled it with a blue marker ..... oh you, boyanists))) )

O
OBLA-ko 14.10.21

A. Martynov's Confessed Path, K. Castaneda's Journey to Ixtlan, V. Archer's Choosing the Abyss, G. Hesse's Steppenwolf, I. Elterrus's Echoes of the Silver Wind, Jonathan Livingston's Seagull R Bach .... this is what I remembered now.

m
mаrkell 14.10.21

I don't like the narrative type of work ... but those that give something to think about - that's what I like.

D
Dark_Sun 14.10.21

Do not narrative works provide food for thought? Well, here's the same "War and Peace" - an epic, a narrative, there is nothing to think about in it?

W
Wasteland Lynx 14.10.21

I love books on the game Stalker ... well, and all sorts of others)

[
[HookaH] 14.10.21

Agent Avenger
+1000

A
Ankuzya 14.10.21

I love reading. Mostly fantasy, books on art, philosophy, religion, psychology. I dabble in detective stories, but not modern consumer goods, but the works of Agatha Christie, classics, so to speak =)
I can also read the works of classics. Now I am carried away by ancient authors.
So far, I read for myself, not for school or university. School ends, university in a few months, so there is time.
I like to read poetry, but I'm terribly selective here. I give more preference to the Symbolists, especially Annensky.
Some time ago I avidly read science fiction, both Russian and foreign. Ray Bradbury read many times) Of the current ones I like Belianin.
In general, a complete spread, but for reading I still have my whole life ahead of me.

W
White evgenius 14.10.21

I mainly read fantasy and science fiction. For example, Sapkovsky, Lukyanenko. Glukhovsky and his Metro 2033 is something I advise everyone to read: very interesting and atmospheric. I read almost all the books on Stalker, probably because very good. like the game =). I used to read Sherlock Holmes avidly. Now I am sitting on Tony Buzan's book "Super Thinking". Yes, I also liked the book on SW- "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction".

V
Varchun 14.10.21

and, yes, exactly! read all the books on the stalker

A
Allahus 14.10.21

Dan Brown, Stephen King .....

P
PLANK 14.10.21

Dostoevsky, Bakunin

E
Erysipelas 14.10.21

B. Akunin, R. Zelazny from the beloved ...

r
requiemmm 14.10.21

Dean Koontz, Robert Jordan, Robert Thurston, William Keith, Christopher Stashef, Michael Moorcock, Harry Garrison are favorite authors.
Asprin and his MYTH have written out at the end, the first 4 books are great and then .... crap.
King - I didn’t like it, the dregs and only, Kunz writes much better ...
Zhelyazny is even nothing, I didn’t read everything ...
I don’t read books on games, because, IMHO, slag.
All desire to read classics was discouraged by a school with a techie, what idiot crammed "War and Peace" into the program?
I also sometimes read something from esotericism. That's all.

S
Sidzuko 14.10.21

It's classic good old science fiction.
A la Garrison, Asimov, Sheckley, Bradburry, Simak, Zelazny, Keyes, Heinlein, etc. and so on ....

Pelevin, Lukyanenko, and also howling like a wolf from Harry Potter.

W
White evgenius 14.10.21

By the way, Dean Koontz impressed me a lot ... King is really resting.

m
mаrkell 14.10.21

Do not narrative works provide food for thought? Well, here's the same "War and Peace" - an epic, a narrative, there is nothing to think about in it?
I have not read this work, and therefore I can not answer you anything.
but from historical works I read "Ivanhoe" by Walter Scott. and I didn't like it. boring story ... maybe there was something to think about, but I'm not interested, or I did not get the point. although what to catch, what is difficult in a 100% historical novel?

Yes, I also liked the book on SW- "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction".
then I recommend Matthew Stover's Weak Point. very interesting, and there is something to think about. in fact, the book itself is nothing more than philosophy disguised as narrative.

N
Nestor Makhno 14.10.21

I love the classics of Russian and Ukrainian literature. I also like Stephen King and Arthur Conan Doyle from foreign literature.

Тed 14.10.21

I like Fantasy and Adventure more. I love to read.