3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BloodyKiller722 14.10.21 10:49 pm

Eliminate freezes \\ freezes with BES 1.6 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Everyone knows that after patch 1.07, all sorts of freezes appeared, and freezes on dual-core processors, blah, blah, blah and all that. In general, the only way it turned out to remove these freezes for a few seconds is to use the BES 1.6 program. But here another problem arises, it is not very common, but nevertheless, some people also have it, the game now, instead of regular freezes with dying, freezes completely, only the completion of the process through the task manager helps. In general, I created this topic in order to find out if anyone succeeded in overcoming this problem, or even remove the hangs without the help of BES, or at least somehow reduce their regularity.
11 Comments
Sort by:
I
Intelll 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722
Well, you have to work a student, this is not a sentence

U
UnknownAssassin 14.10.21

Intelll
And what's the point of updating if I used to have fewer lags, and now there are more plus freezes (although they have disappeared over time).

D
Dmitriy_XAN 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722

As far as I remember, when I tested B3 on core 2, there were friezes for a couple of seconds without attachments, with Bes set to 99% there were no friezes at all (everything rested on vidyuhu further)

U
UnknownAssassin 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722
To believe, not to believe is your business. But I didn't use anything, and besides, I stayed away from mods at that time.

D
Dmitriy_XAN 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722 wrote:
Yes, everything is correct, with BES these friezes disappear for a couple of seconds, but one freeze appears, after which the game freezes completely, it may come in 3 minutes, or maybe after 10, but it comes, in any case.
And by the way, I remembered, there really was such crap several times, in short, with this freeze, the game remains active (there is no inscription "does not respond" in the task manager), such a freeze does not work by itself, at least wait half an hour, but we will fix it. When the game froze like that, I called the task manager (thereby minimizing the game), and then just turned the game back, the glitch disappeared and after that it did not appear for the entire game session, try this, maybe the same will help

P
Pavlo1983 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722 I had the same problem as yours, and even wrote about its solution here on the forum, but apparently this topic was deleted, but it's a pity, because there was a useful info and a real solution to this problem. Ok, I'll write again,
1. first, in the Windows 7 settings, click the "Start" - "Computer" - "Properties" - "Advanced system settings" - on the "Advanced" tab, click the "Settings" button under the "Performance" field - there open the "Advanced" tab and check the box to optimize the work of programs (you most likely should optimize the work of services, you need to switch this),
2. then install the swap file on the disk where the Witcher is installed exactly as the system itself recommends it,
3. in the settings of the Witcher itself there is an item "response time when moving", it needs to be switched to an alternative one.
4. then continue to use the BES 1.6 program.
Everything, after all these actions, all friezes will completely disappear.

P
Pavlo1983 14.10.21

Then I don't know, everything that I wrote above helped me completely get rid of the friezes, but it was originally like you, without BES 1.6 friezes every minute, and with it the game hung dully after 3-10 minutes. Maybe try to put Windows 7 and test it there, it is still possible that the RAM affects, I have 8GB of it, and you wrote that you only have 4, maybe because of its small amount of freezing, although if you do not take RAM into account, then the computer has I'm very old, with a dual-core processor, from 2010, it's a miracle that this Witcher started up and went more or less normally.

M
Metalist1925 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722
Pavel's method helped me. I also ran as administrator, and set the priority to higher than medium. I don't use IMM, it always hangs with me. By the way, through cpu - control you can set 1 core, the friezes will disappear, but you understand that it will become uncomfortable to play.
py.sy. on the incentive, I read that the lock of frames helped many, through MSI

M
Metalist1925 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722

M
Metalist1925 14.10.21

BloodyKiller722

d
damnedant 14.10.21

bes hangs not tightly, but for a long time, when the alt tabom hangs I switch to something and after 3 minutes it hangs down, but then again everything is the same, so it's just a hassle, I'm playing on one processor, it's dreary but better than nothing. By the way, someone is testing the button in the demon unfreeze? and see the settings for the percentage load? on the home site, it’s not clear (it’s written to me)