3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pew-Pew-Pew 14.10.21 10:52 pm

Impressions of the game. (The truth about the ninth company)

"The Truth About the Ninth Company" is a documentary game based on real historical events that took place on January 7-8, 1989 at an altitude of 3234 in the Pakitiya province of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.
28 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIP 14.10.21

to zxz7zxz
What are the codes? What are you? This is a recreation of real events, this game was created so that we feel the atmosphere of that carnage (and I was not mistaken).

B
BIBIK in da house 14.10.21

the game turned out quite interesting, although the graphics do not shine! IMHO 10!

S
STROGOV 14.10.21

Visually, the game is scary, but in this game, graphics are still not the main thing. You forget about all this external clumsy and angularity when you enter the battle. The fight in this game is done superbly, it feels like you are under real fire. And the excellent sounds of shots only emphasize all this unique atmosphere of what is happening. In addition, I was personally very pleased with the huge amount of information about this battle, and in general about the entire Afghan campaign. As a result, in my opinion, this game pulls for a strong seven.

o
oTTo_rus 14.10.21

MY IMPRESSIONS, as well as a message to the Authors ...

1) For the IDEA, design, soulful music, photo archives, a documented chronology of events in printed form (albeit seasoned with a partial light gag from the authors) - a big THANKS

2) For the GAME itself (gameplay) - my PERSONAL IMPACT with an unwashed plastic broom on the head of EVERYONE who was responsible for graphics and optimization, as well as a light slap with a slipper to those who were responsible for chapters, gameplay, gameplay design.

What is this! (I describe my acquaintance with this "game product") - launched it on XP - in 2008 - From the screen (after EXCELLENT ROLLS and immediately read beautifully designed archives) a Call of Duty-level graph stared at me, and perhaps even worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The shaders are almost not used, the brakes, the background is poor in resolution, everything is dark, no facial animation, LEVELS are MEANLY in size, in addition everything starts with arcade shooting of spirits running freely in open areas from the Cliff machine gun, which shoots like a sniper in this game.

And all this GRAPH slows down, despite the fact that I have a Radeon x1950 -
Yes, the foreign delusional Modern Warefare (where you need to mow "our ultranationalists", by the way) I flew on an older card.

That is, they are diligently approached, especially if it is necessary to shit on the Russians, but we eat, maybe our products on military topics, of high quality, NO!

In general, I demolished the whole thing with the magic Uninstall button right after the Cliff, I just read the archives.

BUT these are all FLOWERS ...
I read the reviews here, it seemed like everyone liked it, pinched the patriotic side, decided to try a second time, the card is the same, I bought a dual-core and operatives, updated XP, the latest drivers - how to APPLY ...

AND EVERYTHING - all the textures merged into a ball over ridge, so that F4 barely closed THIS, and if you click on "Default" and restart the first 50 meters, you can walk, everything is fine, when you restart the same porridge from textures.

QUESTION - was it really impossible to create a high-quality FPS on such an interesting and important topic (better with tactics), with a high-quality engine, with a variety of chapters (who prevented you from creating a chapter, for example, before the events of 3234 in daylight, let's say about shelling a column in the desert).

How is it possible in 2008 (when the same Stalker looks better at minimum settings) to produce such a small, unsightly souvenir for Gamers about the Afghan war.

Come on, once, there are a dime a dozen of such small games.

PS But the photo of Citizen Goblin was well inserted, contrast and brightness, well separated from the background ...

PS -2 Right, I will not be too lazy to drive to the creators, I agree to help in creating, say, a CONTINUATION, or a prehistory. If I have the opportunity to choose one engine even three years ago, as well as the ability to coordinate (and participate) in the creation of levels - I GUARANTEE, the game will turn out much better, if you decide - write to the soap and in a personal.

PS -3 If I come, I'll take a broom with me anyway ...

A
ALeXXX_Doma 14.10.21

I found it - they write about our game: The Russians made Call Of Duty, produced in Russia ...

l
lapatison 14.10.21

damn only "Home Alone" No. 5 for 2008 re-read the review and you are already here ...

C
Cliff _1 14.10.21

oTTo_rus Dear friend
, did you have to scribble so much? I must have been writing all night. But I really liked the game! And who does not need to have a fantasy.

S
Sergey Stelmakh 14.10.21

oTTo_rus I completely agree with the opinion of oTTo rus, indeed, telling about the events of the war in the DRA, in which OKSV spent ten years, which became a significant page in the history of the USSR, the developers could have made a toy much better from the point of view of graphics (although for me it and is not a determining factor in evaluating games), and gameplay, respectively. And what happens is PR, PR, and at the end there is only a sensible plot and documentary material, very entertaining for people who are seriously determined to get acquainted with real historical data, and not with fiction in the form of F.Bondarchuk's "9th company", who counted, that Western standards are the only true and appropriate to the mentality of our domestic audience. Yes, the film turned out to be beautiful and grossing due to technology and special effects, Well, the Hollywood style of emphasis on the emotions and desires of a mass audience played a significant role. But the toy misfired: yes, the atmosphere of the bloody massacre for the height of 3234 in January 1988 was preserved and well served due to sound effects, but no more (and this is very insulting), and the graphic characteristics of the game do not stand up to criticism (such a low-grade even in 2001, rare games had graphics), the character details were still here and there, and the enemies were completely out of hand, small clumsy, no faces, no differences, no voices, only occasionally "Alla Akbar!" and all hello! The gameplay is not so hot, there is a shortage of cartridges, but oh well, war is war after all, but moving along the slope, as if behind a cart of concrete blocks, and the hero seems to be in skates instead of strong army boots, this already does not make a very pleasant impression. But what really finished off was the process of the battle itself, where you do not see or hardly see the enemy, but barely have time to notice him in the last seconds, and, luckily, you somehow put him down, accursed, with several single (saving ammunition) shots, hoping to himself that he was shooting accurately. Still, this idiotic emphasis on "realism", openly bordering on stupidity and mockery of the eyes and feelings of users, should be at least a little limited among game makers, otherwise we will soon begin to feed and take to the toilet our main characters of games, like the previous ones tamagotchi, which the generation of the 90s used to be so "sick" with. My opinion is firm and unshakable: the game should be a game in the truest sense of the word, and not a disguised film,